Surprsingly, allegations of "massive voter fraud" don't pan out

I'm going to assume that you really don't know why Democrats fight so hard against the ID's and that's why you made up the reason in your post. Republicans like the ID's. They see ID laws as a legal way to suppress Democratic votes.

This is an excuse that they use to continue their "protests", it isn't a very valid reason at all. In almost every case people who can vote have identification already, and in those few that they do not it can be (per the SCOTUS if it is free) required if it is provided at no cost.

Getting to a place where they can get an ID made is a major undertaking for many people in this country and would be enough to keep them from voting. This includes poor people living in rural areas, elderly people who no longer drive and have difficulty travelling and invalids to name a few.

Again this is rubbish, such people obtain ballots at their home and usually have forms of identification already (again, almost everybody already has identification) and they can and do vote at home. Now, as a person who lives rurally, I know that the smaller number of people make the effort to "get out the vote" much easier. We will drive people to get the necessary identification, and we'll drive them to the polls if necessary. It takes less volunteers to get it done, but a bit more miles. And during my time working the polls and efforts to get out the vote, I have yet to meet even one person who doesn't already have identification. Even among the poorest in our community.

Add to that the fact that there is evidence of very liile fraud and the Id is, in fact, a solution for which there is no problem.
Again, the evidence is actual illegal to gather. After making a law telling people you cannot look here then trying to tell people that "here" doesn't exist because people don't look there is a self-perpetuating form of forced ignorance.

The reason they fight it isn't because it would "suppress" votes, it is because it would be able to catch people, or would suppress fraudulent votes that we cannot even attempt to gather information for under the current laws. It isn't that "here" doesn't exist, it is that we aren't even allowed to look over there.

Shoot one valid form of identification is a copy (yes a copy, not even the original) of a utility bill. Do you know how easily that could be faked? Yet it would be taken as valid, the person would vote, and there would be "no evidence" of a fraudulent vote. You would sit here and tell me that because there was "no evidence" that nothing wrong had happened. It's preposterous.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
Who runs the elections anyway?

It depends on who is elected. The County Clerk runs them locally, above her is the Secretary of State. In some municipalities it becomes a bit more muddied by municipal authorities, but that is the basic path to the top level of the State.

In some states they have leeway on what machines to select, etc. However, what they take as "identification" is set in laws. You wouldn't believe some of the things are considered "identification". And because it is written as law, there is absolutely nothing the election judge could do to change anything or even to set it aside as "evidence" of anything fishy.

They first set it into law that you cannot collect the evidence, then when there is "no evidence" they try to use it as a reason you shouldn't look at what the left hand is doing. It would be hilarious if it weren't so deadly serious.

The fact that we think we have choices is the real fraud, folks

AND some of the elections also suffer from ballot box stuffing, but either way, no matter who wins, the election itself was probably a fraud.

Seems reasonable to me to require 'absentee votes' to be returned prior to the election. Registration should be closed 30 days prior to election. An id should be required, with those needing and not being able to afford one, provided by the county. Ballots would be marked with felt tipped pen, with models of acceptable and unacceptable markings, posted in every booth-literacy not required to understand. If mistake made, the ballot should be deposited into a locked 'bad vote' box and a new ballot given. The good ballots should be deposited into a locked 'good ballot' box and be counted at the election office after all precincts are closed.

It's become to complicated and easily manipulated.

Just curious... Did anyone else hear about some of our voting machines being made in Venezuela?

Our? Each county of each state is in charge of that stuff as far as I remember off the top of my head.

Ours because they were supposedly used in "our" election for president, doesn't matter where they were used if infact this rumor is true.

So did anyone else hear about this?

Just curious... Did anyone else hear about some of our voting machines being made in Venezuela?

Our? Each county of each state is in charge of that stuff as far as I remember off the top of my head.

Ours because they were supposedly used in "our" election for president, doesn't matter where they were used if infact this rumor is true.

So did anyone else hear about this?

I already posted a link to the story.

It depends on who is elected. The County Clerk runs them locally, above her is the Secretary of State. In some municipalities it becomes a bit more muddied by municipal authorities, but that is the basic path to the top level of the State.

In some states they have leeway on what machines to select, etc. However, what they take as "identification" is set in laws. You wouldn't believe some of the things are considered "identification". And because it is written as law, there is absolutely nothing the election judge could do to change anything or even to set it aside as "evidence" of anything fishy.

They first set it into law that you cannot collect the evidence, then when there is "no evidence" they try to use it as a reason you shouldn't look at what the left hand is doing. It would be hilarious if it weren't so deadly serious.

The elected run elections?

The elected run elections?

mmhmmmm

Forum List

Back