Surprises me that all christians aren't against the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
For the most part the soldiers we send over are christian.

Then they fight in wars and the constitutions our government helps draw up for these countries have islam writted right into them. These are islamic democracies and heavily influenced islamic governments.

Would seem to me that christians in this country wouldn't want their brothers and sisters made into second rate citizens in countries where we install the governments and write the constitutions.

Then they fight in wars and the constitutions our government helps draw up for these countries have islam writted right into them. These are islamic democracies and heavily influenced islamic governments.

Would seem to me that christians in this country wouldn't want their brothers and sisters made into second rate citizens in countries where we install the governments and write the constitutions.

Why the surprise? President Bush called for a Crusade, didn't he?
(btw, likely the dumbest thing ever uttered by any president; past, present or future).

(btw, likely the dumbest thing ever uttered by any president; past, present or future).

He said something like his christian faith had a hand in his foreign policy.

I'm saying if you're christian, why support a war that implements islamic governments?

I'm saying if you're christian, why support a war that implements islamic governments?

He used the word "Crusade".

See: http://www.csmonitor.com/2001/0919/p12s2-woeu.html

Last edited:
"Surprises me that all christians aren't against the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq "

There are probably a plethora of things you do not understand which suprise you. Being curious is a good thing.

He used the word "Crusade".

See: Europe cringes at Bush 'crusade' against terrorists / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

I can't remember ever saying a good word about Bush, but the word crusade can be used without meaning something similar to the Crusades.

So maybe he meant that, maybe not.

Hah.

All Muslims are not against those wars, why should Christians be against them? Just because you think you understand something does not mean you are qualified to comment on it.

Hah.

All Muslims are not against those wars, why should Christians be against them? Just because you think you understand something does not mean you are qualified to comment on it.

It's a message board and free speech, we're all qualified to comment on whatever we want.

It's a completely different principle, the muslim majority in those countries are getting their religion written into law, why aren't american christians upset that the christians in those countries have to live under an islamic government? Does that sound like freedom to you?

Hah.

It's a message board and free speech, we're all qualified to comment on whatever we want.

It's a completely different principle, the muslim majority in those countries are getting their religion written into law, why aren't american christians upset that the christians in those countries have to live under an islamic government? Does that sound like freedom to you?

Apparently you also have trouble understanding English.

I never said you could not post about any subject that fills your tiny brain, I just pointed out your lack of qualification to effectively discuss the subject.

Hah.

I never said you could not post about any subject that fills your tiny brain, I just pointed out your lack of qualification to effectively discuss the subject.

Quantum filled his 2 childish insults per post quota here lol.

Well done completely evading the subject though, I don't know why you click on threads when you know it's a subject you can't rationally discuss.

Quantum filled his 2 childish insults per post quota here lol.

Well done completely evading the subject though, I don't know why you click on threads when you know it's a subject you can't rationally discuss.

:razz::cuckoo:

I would post more insulting smileys, but apparently I have a quota.

v
v
v
v
v
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends
:eusa_pray:

When my son joined the Marines it was peace time.
While stationed in Calif. he was Baptized and Saved.
9-11 happened while he was in Okinawa.
His unit was part of the initial push to Baghdad.
The things he did, during this time, still haunt him deeply today.
He struggles, spiritually and emotionally, with his conscious AND his God.

So when you say you don't understand, I believe you....
:eusa_hand:

Non sequitur.

v
v
v
v
v
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends

Rather than insulting my lack of understanding, help me understand.

This next part isn't a reply to you, but I hear a lot of backlash against foreign muslims, but I never hear any backlash about the policy of inputting islam into the installed governments.

I can't figure out why, any help would be appreciated.

v
v
v
v
v

bu_laff.jpg

v
v
v
v
v

Rather than insulting my lack of understanding, help me understand.

This next part isn't a reply to you, but I hear a lot of backlash against foreign muslims, but I never hear any backlash about the policy of inputting islam into the installed governments.

I can't figure out why, any help would be appreciated.
I didn't mean it so much as an insult but more as an acknowledgment of your statement of "surprise".
I was never in my son;s situation when I was in the Navy, so I can't honestly say I understand either.

to the next part;

I try hard not to judge all of Islam on the actions of the extremists.
Just as I'd hope I wouldn't be lumped into the same category as Benny Hinn or Phelps.

It's part of our culture and constitution to keep religion out of our government.
That isn't the case in the middle east.
Religion plays a major role in their government and their laws.
To not allow Islam into their (Iraq/Afghan) government would be asking too much and make us even more intolerant as we've already been accused.

....of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong~~Dennis Miller

Forum List

Back