Surprise!!

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
That's what they call it. The Surprise Index.

The Most 'Surprising' Economic Chart There Is

This chart definitely got some buzz among traders this week...

Despite all the gloomy talk, Citi's closely-watched Surprise Index, which measures all the economic data and how it compares to expectations, has turned positive again (above 50).
Something to keep your eye on, as ultimately the key thing that matters for markets is how well the data does relative to expectations.

All this means is that people now expect bad economic news...after 2 plus years of everything being "unexpected" by the MSM and the Obamanoids.

Things are doing better than expectations because it is expected that we are now entering another recession.

The other day the news media was saying gas prices were expected to fall 15 cents over the 2 weeks. Guess what? Gas went up 15 cents that day and 2 days later went up 15 more cents. So much for expectations.

Things are doing better than expectations because it is expected that we are now entering another recession.

The other day the news media was saying gas prices were expected to fall 15 cents over the 2 weeks. Guess what? Gas went up 15 cents that day and 2 days later went up 15 more cents. So much for expectations.

Well, I'll bet someone was surprised !

I don't know where you are but gas is down 5 to 7 cents for the week here in Gulf Coast Alabama.

New Topics

Forum List

Back