Surprise - Sonya Sotomayor defends Affirmative Action

Non racist institutions want diversity. In the late 60's/early 70's many minorities, discriminated against where they live, go to school, where their parents worked, were given a hand up- but they weren't given their grades as they rose in university. Hey I was #1 on the waiting list at a university where they took 120 blacks and 300 women for the first time. My brother's place. Damn glad lol too.

They deserve it. Sorry racists.

What % of blacks in the South, and elsewhere go to all black/minority schools while the whites go to Private schools. It was like that in Plainfield NJ where I taught. A disgrace.

Why is AA not a violation of equal protection?

So you have the one talking point and you're going to stick with it, eh? LOL Check what the Supreme Court said at the time, Has to do whith what I said, I believe, in bold.

Sorry, tard. You don't get to answer a question with a question.

There are racists everywhere, they're very good at hiding these days, lovely people if you stay away from politics. And they're mainly GOP.

Just an observation.
I live in Texas which is obviously a GOP state. Why is that blacks and the population in general dont riot like they do in northern states?
Seems kind of strange that if there is such angst and anger among the black community in this GOP state that you would have a bunch of angry blacks yet we dont.
I'll tell you why....because we get along here in the south.
The idea that a blackman wont get the job because he is black is ridicules.
The idea that a black man or a white man walks into a job interview with his pants around his knees and talking ghetto doesnt get the job is understandable. If it just so happens that blacks tend to go that fashion route more so then whites........oh well.

[

That question has been asked many times. The 14th amendment says

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

It's just another case where the govt ignores the plain wording of the constitution.

There are racists everywhere, they're very good at hiding these days, lovely people if you stay away from politics. And they're mainly GOP.

No - its the dems who support AA so they are the racists. They want whites persecuted because of skin color.

[

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

It's just another case where the govt ignores the plain wording of the constitution.

The purpose of affirmative action is to uphold the 14th amendment.

If you had a friend that arranged for you to get a high paying, high ranking job, you weren't in the least bit qualified for, you'd defend that person to the death, too, wouldn't ya?
The idea that the Senate approved this dufus is mind boggling as well. You remember the hooplah around the "The Wise Latina" You need to remember that this was also the jurist that agreed with New Haven, Ct Mayor John DiStefano's political 'goombah' the Reverend Kimber, that the current crop of New Haven Fire Department applicants for promotion all had too many vowels in their last names and on that basis should all be denied promotions, irregardless of test scores, experience, qualifications, or aptitude.
The travesty that is Supreme Court Justice Sonya Sotomayor never shoulda been.

She is, at the very least, as qualified as Clarence Thomas to be a Justice. Until he recently cracked a bad joke, I thought he was just a lifelike dummy programmed to rubber stamp everything Scalia says.

Yeah yeah - and war is peace and lies are truth. Even you libs know AA is indefensible.

Yeah yeah - and war is peace and lies are truth. Even you libs know AA is indefensible.

I doubt you've read a single legal opinion on the matter, or done any independent research outside of what is handed to you by your conservative media. Those are nice slogans though. "War is peace" - wow, what an argument. That refutes all. Jeez you're a fuckin' moron.

[

I doubt you've read a single legal opinion on the matter, or done any independent research outside of what is handed to you by your conservative media. Those are nice slogans though. "War is peace" - wow, what an argument. That refutes all. Jeez you're a fuckin' moron.

The board notes that i reduced you to childish namecalling.

Forum List

Back