Surprise - Sonya Sotomayor defends Affirmative Action

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
All blacks and hispos love AA. They know they cannot make it on their own. Obozo knows that too.

Education Nation: Sonia Sotomayor: There is 'Still a Need' for Affirmative Action

Today //Jan. 14, 2013 // 7:04 AM
]Sotomayor, 58, the daughter of Puerto Rican immigrants, received full scholarships to Princeton University and Yale Law School with help from affirmative action programs. She spoke with TODAY's Savannah Guthrie about what bearing her upbringing may have on issues — including affirmative action policies — she must now address.

“When I call myself an affirmative action baby, I'm talking about the essence of what affirmative action was when it started.”

“There's still a need for people to be sensitive to the fact that they feel more comfortable with people who look like them,’’ said Sotomayor, the court's first-ever Hispanic justice. “And that you have to be conscious about the way in which the structures you put into place will limit the opportunities for others.”

Sotomayor experienced the issue's controversial sting in high school.

"You can't be a minority in this society without having someone express disapproval about affirmative action,'' she said on "60 Minutes" Sunday. "From the first day I received in high school a card from Princeton telling me that it was possible that I was gonna get in, I was stopped by the school nurse and asked why I was sent a possible and the number one and the number two in the class were not. Now I didn't know about affirmative action. But from the tone of her question I understood that she thought there was something wrong with them looking at me and not looking at those other two students."

• Banned
AA is pure racism. The govt discriminating against white people. Case closed.

All blacks and hispos love AA. They know they cannot make it on their own. Obozo knows that too.

Education Nation: Sonia Sotomayor: There is 'Still a Need' for Affirmative Action

]Sotomayor, 58, the daughter of Puerto Rican immigrants, received full scholarships to Princeton University and Yale Law School with help from affirmative action programs. She spoke with TODAY's Savannah Guthrie about what bearing her upbringing may have on issues — including affirmative action policies — she must now address.

“When I call myself an affirmative action baby, I'm talking about the essence of what affirmative action was when it started.”

“There's still a need for people to be sensitive to the fact that they feel more comfortable with people who look like them,’’ said Sotomayor, the court's first-ever Hispanic justice. “And that you have to be conscious about the way in which the structures you put into place will limit the opportunities for others.”

"You can't be a minority in this society without having someone express disapproval about affirmative action,'' she said on "60 Minutes" Sunday. "From the first day I received in high school a card from Princeton telling me that it was possible that I was gonna get in, I was stopped by the school nurse and asked why I was sent a possible and the number one and the number two in the class were not. Now I didn't know about affirmative action. But from the tone of her question I understood that she thought there was something wrong with them looking at me and not looking at those other two students."

AA is racism, pure and simple.

Sotomayor apparently favors preferential treatment but bristles when anyone mentions it. Sorry, she can't have it both ways.

All racists whites whine like little babies about affirmative action, because its the only explanation they have for their own failings.

Did you really just say that? Holy Shit you're stupid!!
The reasoning you used to come to this conclusion please.

I need a good laugh:lol:

All racists whites whine like little babies about affirmative action, because its the only explanation they have for their own failings.

Yes, I just said it. Racist whites blame affirmative action for their own personal failings. Its part of being racist.

Hell yes. And why not? It's tough in this world when your own govt tells you "you're white so you have to be extra good to get a job or scholarship o even get into college."

Sonia Sotomayor: "I was stopped by the school nurse and asked why I was sent a possible and the number one and the number two in the class were not."

She acts as if this is not a legitimate question!

Last edited:

Hell yes. And why not? It's tough in this world when your own govt tells you "you're white so you have to be extra good to get a job or scholarship o even get into college."

BWahh bwahh bwahh whine you little baby.

Yes, I just said it. Racist whites blame affirmative action for their own personal failings. Its part of being racist.

Love how you ignore the second question.
Explain how you came to this conclusion or you're just another troll looking for a reaction.

Plus,like I said I need a good laugh.:lol:

I take this as being the response of someone who is intellectually bankrupt and cannot justify Affirmative Action and so must resort to playground taunts.

I was stopped by the school nurse and asked why I was sent a possible and the number one and the number two in the class were not. Now I didn't know about affirmative action. But from the tone of her question I understood that she thought there was something wrong with them looking at me and not looking at those other two students.

Anyone have the weight to competently answer why academically superior students were passed over for a Puerto Rican?

I take this as being the response of someone who is intellectually bankrupt and cannot justify Affirmative Action and so must resort to playground taunts.

It is OOP I POO ....not sure you can expect much else.

Love how you ignore the second question.
Explain how you came to this conclusion or you're just another troll looking for a reaction.

Plus,like I said I need a good laugh.:lol:

From all the racists I've known that are failures.

You seem awfully defensive about this.

Forum List

Back