Surprise: OWS protesters don’t like their own wealth redistributed

Ame®icano;4291312 said:
Come on, thieves are just trying to make better living for their families.

Maybe they should build electrified fence around their camps to keep them out?

Yep those thieves have hungry mouths to feed, and at least they worked to get those things. They had to take the effort to go out into that crowd leave the safety of their home to steal those things. :clap2::lol:

Ame®icano;4291312 said:
Come on, thieves are just trying to make better living for their families.

Maybe they should build electrified fence around their camps to keep them out?

Yep those thieves have hungry mouths to feed, and at least they worked to get those things. They had to take the effort to go out into that crowd leave the safety of their home to steal those things. :clap2::lol:

They probably got a lot of STUFF off of this guy---:lol:

cartoon_101011_A.jpg

Oh the UNITY within this group---:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They want to take others wealth but when it happens to them they don't like it so much.

Since they're protesting the wholesale robbery of the 99% to enrich the 1% over the past thirty years, there's no reason to see this as ironic in the slightest.
You just told me the left wants to take things that people own and give them to other people.

So, yes, it's ironic, all right. :lol:

Taking someone elses money that they earned to people that dont earn it , is also stealing In my opinion!

Exactly, and systematically driving wages down over a thirty year period so as to reduce business costs and inflate profits is doing exactly that.

The real thieves work on Wall Street, they don't occupy it.

What you guys are saying is essentially this:

Rewriting the rules so as to take money from almost everybody and put it into the pockets of the wealthy is fine.

Rewriting them so as to reverse the process, and restore what the banks and rich have stolen, is theft.

Can you understand why someone might have a bit of a problem with that argument?
These people sound quite powerful.

So what effect do you think a bunch of protesters will have on them?

If you say anything besides "zero", you're just as clueless as the OWS idiots.

Sorry, Doc but when people are so naive that they buy into the whole Kumbaya thing I have a hard time refraining from being amused at their shock when they discover that it doesn't work.

Surely you can see the irony in the fact that these people had their money ripped off because instead of keeping it in a safe place...ie the banks all around them that they are protesting against...they trusted their fellow protesters and had it stolen.

I don't think that any of the protesters are "shocked" that they got robbed.

There's no "irony" involved either - since I'm certain they all have bank accounts anyway.

But continue reveling in their misery, it's a really classy thing to do.

Is it just me, Doc or do the OWS protesters not revel in bringing misery to others on a daily basis?
They don't.
The goal of most of their marches is to block New York City streets or bridges in order to draw attention to their demands.
Uh, no. The protesters aren't "blocking" anything, aside from the march on the bridge (which was on the pedestrian path until police forced the marchers into the road).
In doing so they bring the misery of extended commutes to their fellow citizens. The protesters force the police to arrest them and the tax payers to foot the bill for the added police presence to do so.
Not quite. If the city was concerned about the cost, they could simply stop arresting protesters with nuisance arrests.
Now they're talking about trying to overload the court system to shut that down. Let's not even get into the poor people that have to live in the area of that park in NYC...between the smells and the noise they're subjected to now...their lives have got to be a living hell.
Once again, your ignorance of NYC is showing. No one "lives" near that park, it's all offices.
So should I really feel sorry for a group of people who go out of their way to be as annoying as possible to their fellow citizens? Sorry, but I'm not following your logic here.
The people of NY overwhelmingly support the protesters. The overwhelming majority of people who are complaining about it have never even been to NYC.
And the "irony" is that so many of them spout nonsense about getting rid of money yet when someone steals money from them it's a problem. That's priceless.

It's only "ironic" to people who's entire opinion of the protesters as a whole has been supplied by talk radio.

I don't think that any of the protesters are "shocked" that they got robbed.

There's no "irony" involved either - since I'm certain they all have bank accounts anyway.

But continue reveling in their misery, it's a really classy thing to do.

Is it just me, Doc or do the OWS protesters not revel in bringing misery to others on a daily basis?
They don't.

Uh, no. The protesters aren't "blocking" anything, aside from the march on the bridge (which was on the pedestrian path until police forced the marchers into the road).Not quite. If the city was concerned about the cost, they could simply stop arresting protesters with nuisance arrests.

Once again, your ignorance of NYC is showing. No one "lives" near that park, it's all offices.
So should I really feel sorry for a group of people who go out of their way to be as annoying as possible to their fellow citizens? Sorry, but I'm not following your logic here.
The people of NY overwhelmingly support the protesters. The overwhelming majority of people who are complaining about it have never even been to NYC.
And the "irony" is that so many of them spout nonsense about getting rid of money yet when someone steals money from them it's a problem. That's priceless.

It's only "ironic" to people who's entire opinion of the protesters as a whole has been supplied by talk radio.

Uh, no. The protesters aren't "blocking" anything, aside from the march on the bridge (which was on the pedestrian path until police forced the marchers into the road).

Are you sure about that? Do you want me to varify that or do you want to retract that statement?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-traffic-on-brooklyn-bridge-during-rush-hour/

Now this is funny :lol:

Occupy Wall Street protesters said yesterday that packs of brazen crooks within their ranks have been robbing their fellow demonstrators blind, making off with pricey cameras, phones and laptops — and even a hefty bundle of donated cash and food.

“Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment,” said Nan Terrie, 18, a kitchen and legal-team volunteer from Fort Lauderdale.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Surprise: OWS protesters don’t like their own wealth redistributed | TheBlaze.com

I am sorry but this is justice at it's best. They want to take others wealth but when it happens to them they don't like it so much. Object lesson for us all careful what you seek you may get it and not like what you get.

I like the idiot who said. "Steve Jobs Died with 7 Billion dollars, that's Appalling, Nobody should have that Much money, There should be an Inheritance Tax". To which the reporter says there is, and the guy says well it's not enough.

Yeah Jobs works his whole life, Creates massive wealth for himself and others. Pays over 50% taxes on everything he earns and ends up with 7 Billion. He dies and the Government gets 55% of everything he had left, and this idiot says "it's not enough"

Occupy Wall Street protesters said yesterday that packs of brazen crooks within their ranks have been robbing their fellow demonstrators blind, making off with pricey cameras, phones and laptops — and even a hefty bundle of donated cash and food.

“Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment,” said Nan Terrie, 18, a kitchen and legal-team volunteer from Fort Lauderdale.
Surprise: OWS protesters don’t like their own wealth redistributed | TheBlaze.com

I am sorry but this is justice at it's best. They want to take others wealth but when it happens to them they don't like it so much. Object lesson for us all careful what you seek you may get it and not like what you get.

I like the idiot who said. "Steve Jobs Died with 7 Billion dollars, that's Appalling, Nobody should have that Much money, There should be an Inheritance Tax". To which the reporter says there is, and the guy says well it's not enough.

Yeah Jobs works his whole life, Creates massive wealth for himself and others. Pays over 50% taxes on everything he earns and ends up with 7 Billion. He dies and the Government gets 55% of everything he had left, and this idiot says "it's not enough"
It will only be "enough" when the idiot being interviewed gets some of Jobs' money.

It will only be "enough" when the idiot being interviewed gets some of Jobs' money.
That is until he gets the tax bill...will he squeal like a stuck pig, or happily give it up?:eusa_whistle:

That is until he gets the tax bill...will he squeal like a stuck pig, or happily give it up?:eusa_whistle:

Pffft. Taxes are for OTHER people.

speaking of taxes who's paying the bill for those union police officers in NY?

You guys think it's "justice" when people you disagree with politically are victimized by crime?

Poetic justice...they are all about wealth distribution...
How do they like it now. :eek:

Perhaps it is justice. But it's better to return good for evil. They may be advocating theft, but id rather still protecting their rights because it protects mine even if they are trying to take mine away.

That's very generous of you. Please excuse me for not feeling likewise. I have my reasons. When we came home from Vietnam, my fellow soldiers and I were cursed, spit on, and jeered by people just like these-the filthy, unwashed, nasty hippie Left. They even waved the enemy flag in our faces, knowing we could not hit back at them. I have yet to hear even ONE of them apologize for that. I learned from that experience a deep and undying hatred for the Left, and EVERYTHING it stands for. If you think that is mean, you might wish to ponder how you would feel in that situation. I wish the Left nothing but ill; as they have hated me, so I hate them, and their intellectual and philosophical progeny. As they have rejoiced in my misery, so I rejoice in theirs, and if I go to hell for that, I will make it my personal mission to hunt down their sorry souls, and kick them from one end of hades to the other. Returning good for evil with these people just gets you more evil, so do excuse me while I laugh at this bunch of them now. We had the spitters; now we have the shitters, and as I see it, there is not much difference between them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back