Surprise: Conservative Blogger is a Thief.

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
It appears that Matt Drudge is artificially inflating his traffic statistics by using a small bit of HTML, specifically this piece of HTML: META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="175". If you don't happen to be a web geek like me you may not know that causes the site to refresh itself completely every 175 seconds (2 minutes and 55 seconds). As the Valley Wag article notes this is sometimes done by large news organizations to make sure readers are getting the freshest headlines.

Aside from this refresh rate being far more aggressive than any other news organization out there it is also highly deceptive both in terms of claiming influence and in terms of advertising revenue. Matt Drudge employs a CPM model for his advertisements (view his rate sheet), and his web site is widely perceived to be influential because of his reported traffic numbers. Additionally, new ads are served with each page refresh.
Drudge Report inflates traffic stats, deceives advertisers | Personal Democracy Forum

It appears that Matt Drudge is artificially inflating his traffic statistics by using a small bit of HTML, specifically this piece of HTML: META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="175". If you don't happen to be a web geek like me you may not know that causes the site to refresh itself completely every 175 seconds (2 minutes and 55 seconds). As the Valley Wag article notes this is sometimes done by large news organizations to make sure readers are getting the freshest headlines.

Aside from this refresh rate being far more aggressive than any other news organization out there it is also highly deceptive both in terms of claiming influence and in terms of advertising revenue. Matt Drudge employs a CPM model for his advertisements (view his rate sheet), and his web site is widely perceived to be influential because of his reported traffic numbers. Additionally, new ads are served with each page refresh.
Drudge Report inflates traffic stats, deceives advertisers | Personal Democracy Forum

btw...
Clearing the air on talk radio
The demise of liberal Air America had more to do with its boring self than with conservative dominance.
ON THE MEDIA

January 27, 2010|James Rainey

Air America went out of business last week and I'm ready to accept the significance of the radio network's demise -- the inevitable marginalization of those who support big government, illegal immigration and the homosexual agenda.

Yet the Drudge Report has been dropping further behind the Huffington Post, the conservative aggregator attracting well under half the liberal website's audience. Even a dummy can see what that means -- that this country has no appetite for gun rights, private property, the value of the unborn or the sanctity of the American flag.

interesting note.

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back