SURPRISE!!...better be sitting down...Iran backs out of "Framework" "Deal"

Sounds like an October Surprise. The people who benefit most from this are not the Iranian leadership, but the GOP, which means a secret Reagan-style deal will be made before the election so that the Republicans can use national security to get past Hilary. Then, once elected, they will talk tough on Iran. . . BUT, behind the scenes, a la Reagan, they will sell Iran weapons or give them money or both. Point is: never trust the Right when it comes to Iran, who helped them defeat Carter.

October surprise - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Or worse: Iran will be Iraq redux. Get ready for big Halliburton, Bechtel and Lockheed contracts. Disaster capitalism is alive and well.

(God Help Us)

If you aren't willing to go to war to protect an ally, you are no ally. All you are saying is "I'll be over here cheering you on" while an entire offensive line comes barreling towards them. You don't support Israel. You are begging for its destruction with this farce you call a "framework" deal. Not all problems can be solved through peaceful methods. You can't give them a bouquet of roses and hope to win them over.

So how did America gain it's Independence? By negotiating with the King of England? No, America kicked his ass, with guns and cannons, not just a pens and papers.

Even as advanced as Israel's military is, it can't fight off everyone who tries to kill them. This cut and run crap is old.
Gosh, I wish I was as brave as you!
If you aren't willing to go to war to protect an ally, you are no ally. All you are saying is "I'll be over here cheering you on" while an entire offensive line comes barreling towards them. You don't support Israel. You are begging for its destruction with this farce you call a "framework" deal. Not all problems can be solved through peaceful methods. You can't give them a bouquet of roses and hope to win them over.

So how did America gain it's Independence? By negotiating with the King of England? No, America kicked his ass, with guns and cannons, not just a pens and papers.

Even as advanced as Israel's military is, it can't fight off everyone who tries to kill them. This cut and run crap is old.

It has nothing to do with bravery --- it has to do with the commitment to your fellow man. Some, apparently, are so self centered that they are willing to allow millions to die in a nuclear holocaust than take a positive step forward.
Hang on a cotton pickin' minute!
You made the accusation a couple of posts back that Liberals only see the world in black or white...no greys.
I do love, however, the on-off mentality of the left .... either we give in, or we go to war. Y'all need to wake up and realize the world is gray.
Now, you're the one saying that the only options are going to war or millions dying in a nuclear holocaust.
There are no other options in your view?
Nothing in the middle...no 'greys'?

I don't suppose you'll see the inconsistency in your position at all.

You need to work on your reading comprehension ....

I said that liberals believe that there are only two alternatives - capitulation or nuclear war. That is THEIR options - not mine. Need proof? Go back and look where a conservative says that Obama screwed this thing up. Immediately, the response from the left is "Well, what do you want? A nuclear war?" Capitulation or nuclear war - and nothing in between. It is this black-white mentality that drove the current administration to roll over on virtually every demand Iran made --- and they STILL couldn't get a deal. They HAD to have a deal - any deal.

In fact, if you look, you will see that I proposed INCREASED sanctions to force them to come back to the table ready to settle. Seal the border with Iraq - seal the border with Afghanistan - seal the border with Turkey - nothing in, nothing out. Make it painful. I was accused of advocating nuclear war, simply because I was unwilling to capitulate. (Same ol' thought process --- capitulate or nuclear war), when, in fact, I present an escalating set of alternatives. There ARE a lot of grays out there ... they just aren't interested in finding them.
My reading comprehension is excellent thank you.
You just can't recognise the inconsistency of your argument.
You wrote this
Some, apparently, are so self centered that they are willing to allow millions to die in a nuclear holocaust than take a positive step forward.
Not too many greys in there...either millions die in a nuclear holocaust or, what, the US invades Iran?
Is there no middle ground in your mind?
No greys?

Damn!! That's not what I said ---- that's what the liberals are saying!!! Wake up and read the damn posts.

Sounds like an October Surprise. The people who benefit most from this are not the Iranian leadership, but the GOP, which means a secret Reagan-style deal will be made before the election so that the Republicans can use national security to get past Hilary. Then, once elected, they will talk tough on Iran. . . BUT, behind the scenes, a la Reagan, they will sell Iran weapons or give them money or both. Point is: never trust the Right when it comes to Iran, who helped them defeat Carter.

October surprise - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Or worse: Iran will be Iraq redux. Get ready for big Halliburton, Bechtel and Lockheed contracts. Disaster capitalism is alive and well.

(God Help Us)

Worms?

It has nothing to do with bravery --- it has to do with the commitment to your fellow man. Some, apparently, are so self centered that they are willing to allow millions to die in a nuclear holocaust than take a positive step forward.
You made the accusation a couple of posts back that Liberals only see the world in black or white...no greys.
I do love, however, the on-off mentality of the left .... either we give in, or we go to war. Y'all need to wake up and realize the world is gray.
Now, you're the one saying that the only options are going to war or millions dying in a nuclear holocaust.

I said that liberals believe that there are only two alternatives - capitulation or nuclear war. That is THEIR options - not mine. Need proof? Go back and look where a conservative says that Obama screwed this thing up. Immediately, the response from the left is "Well, what do you want? A nuclear war?" Capitulation or nuclear war - and nothing in between. It is this black-white mentality that drove the current administration to roll over on virtually every demand Iran made --- and they STILL couldn't get a deal. They HAD to have a deal - any deal.

In fact, if you look, you will see that I proposed INCREASED sanctions to force them to come back to the table ready to settle. Seal the border with Iraq - seal the border with Afghanistan - seal the border with Turkey - nothing in, nothing out. Make it painful. I was accused of advocating nuclear war, simply because I was unwilling to capitulate. (Same ol' thought process --- capitulate or nuclear war), when, in fact, I present an escalating set of alternatives. There ARE a lot of grays out there ... they just aren't interested in finding them.
You wrote this
Some, apparently, are so self centered that they are willing to allow millions to die in a nuclear holocaust than take a positive step forward.
Not too many greys in there...either millions die in a nuclear holocaust or, what, the US invades Iran?
No greys?

Damn!! That's not what I said ---- that's what the liberals are saying!!! Wake up and read the damn posts.
I quoted you.

You wrote this
No greys?

I quoted you.
No. As a matter of fact, you misquoted me by taking my comment out of context. Go back and read it ....

Gray can be an ok color.

One could prevent the Iranians from acquiring a nuclear weapon capability without an "invasion" of Iran.

One could, that is, if one weren't a liberal and therefore had the capacity to think outside the false dilemma box.

...and just like so many said here, and were berated by Obama followers for saying so - Iran's Ayahtolla states he will not support any deal that includes UN inspections of nuke sites....which means of course he will support no deal at all.

Shocked, shocked I say!!!

Iran s leader says no to military inspections - CNN.com

Iran s leader rejects foreign access to military sites scientists Fox News

Did you actually read your own link?

(CNN)Iran's Supreme Leader has said the country will not allow any inspections of its military facilities, the official state news agency reported Wednesday.

On the other hand, Iran says that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes only, so the country's nuclear facilities might not be covered by the statement by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Supreme Leader.

Not allowing UN inspectors on military bases has nothing at all to do with inspecting nuclear plants.

Once again the rabid right grasps at straws!

:cuckoo:
What an incrediblely foolish and rather stupid point to take.

...and just like so many said here, and were berated by Obama followers for saying so - Iran's Ayahtolla states he will not support any deal that includes UN inspections of nuke sites....which means of course he will support no deal at all.

Shocked, shocked I say!!!

Iran s leader says no to military inspections - CNN.com

Iran s leader rejects foreign access to military sites scientists Fox News

Did you actually read your own link?

(CNN)Iran's Supreme Leader has said the country will not allow any inspections of its military facilities, the official state news agency reported Wednesday.

On the other hand, Iran says that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes only, so the country's nuclear facilities might not be covered by the statement by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Supreme Leader.

Not allowing UN inspectors on military bases has nothing at all to do with inspecting nuclear plants.

Once again the rabid right grasps at straws!

:cuckoo:
What an incrediblely foolish and rather stupid point to take.

Ironic!

Forum List

Back