Surgery, monday at 7:15am

jimnyc said:
Ass hurts. Head hurts. Waiting on wife to return from pharmacy with pain meds then I'm sleeping for the next 24 hours!! Thanks all for the well wishes.

Speedy recovery to ya Jim. Hope they get it right this time.

I just read what was going to happen and here it is, over already. Glad things went well. We wish you a Speedy Recovery, Jim.

Ps. I didn't look at the pictures, either.

ugh.. my lord..

here's to a swift recovery man.. i dont even wanna know what it feels or looks like.

:beer:

The pain has been unbearable since I got home yesterday. I can barely sit. Lying down hurts. It's next to impossible to get up and down, from either sitting or lying. If I cough it feels like I'm getting stabbed in the wound. They prescribed percocet, which I'm sure is good, but does little for the pain I'm experiencing. I'm going to change the packing for the first time in about half an hour. I know this is going to be one of the most painful experiences of my life. May or may not be back later!

Damn Jim, sounds quite painful. Hopefully in a few days some of the pain will ease. I remember when I had the c-section with Jared, how bad the pain was everytime I would cough, or try to roll over, felt like my insides would fall out. For me, it was easier to hold a pillow on my stomach when coughing or trying to get up, but not sure how well that would work with you being the other side. If you need anything, let me know. Just get as much rest as you can.

Jim,

I know there is little anyone can say to make you feel better. Know we are thinking about you. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call !!!

Unpacking and packing wasn't as bad as I feared. Maybe it was the percocet I overdosed on! I actually threw up right before I got it changed. I don't know if it was the medicine, the coffee, the cigarettes or the nerves. Or maybe all of the above combined!

I actually took a picture. Looks like a grenade landed on my ass! I'd post the picture of my adorable butt but I don't want to offend anyone. :)

jimnyc said:
Unpacking and packing wasn't as bad as I feared. Maybe it was the percocet I overdosed on! I actually threw up right before I got it changed. I don't know if it was the medicine, the coffee, the cigarettes or the nerves. Or maybe all of the above combined!

I actually took a picture. Looks like a grenade landed on my ass! I'd post the picture of my adorable butt but I don't want to offend anyone. :)

Sorry to hear about the pain Jim...

Maybe you should post a pic of your ass after it is healed ! :teeth:

I am sure Dillo would love it ! :gay:

Trust me - you don't want to see pictures! It was a truly disturbing sight. I had to do a "time out" after that scene! Jim, I'll come back if you need more help!

Joan said:
Trust me - you don't want to see pictures! It was a truly disturbing sight. I had to do a "time out" after that scene! Jim, I'll come back if you need more help!

You misunderstood. I want to see it AFTER it is healed. I don't handle anything like what you're doing.

I can't believe I'm talking to mom about her son's butt. :bang3:

Bullypulpit said:
Oooww! Ive had to pack these wounds, both as a floor nurse and a home health nurse. I feel for you Jimmy, it ain't no picnic.

Yeah, the packing sucks! Actually, I think it hurts more removing the packing than it does filling it. They give you lidocaine (sp?) when they do it at the facilities. Do the nurses give you anything when they go to the patients houses to change them?

I have a picture of the wound, anyone wanna see it? :)

jimnyc said:
How depressing, I wanted to share with all my friends here. :(

HAHAHAHA! hey, Jim forgets though, he sent me a pic of his hiny! any takers???????? :laugh:

jimnyc said:
Yeah, the packing sucks! Actually, I think it hurts more removing the packing than it does filling it. They give you lidocaine (sp?) when they do it at the facilities. Do the nurses give you anything when they go to the patients houses to change them?

I have a picture of the wound, anyone wanna see it? :)

Depends on what the doc has ordered. As for the lidocaine, was it injected around the wound bed or a wash for it? Another tip...Take a dose of your pain meds 45min to an hour before the dressing change...It'll help take the edge off.

Bullypulpit said:
Depends on what the doc has ordered. As for the lidocaine, was it injected around the wound bed or a wash for it? Another tip...Take a dose of your pain meds 45min to an hour before the dressing change...It'll help take the edge off.

I had to see the doctor 2x in the past couple of months to get an 'I & D of the pilonidal cyst'. He did an injection in what felt like the cysts itself! I'm sure it was just in the general area. That stuff works quickly as he started cutting about 1 minute after the injection and I didn't really feel anything other than a little pressure. I also slammed my finger in the car door a few years back. The blood built up in the finger nail until I couldn't stand the pain anymore. When I went to the ER to have it drained he gave me a shot of lidocaine and it was instant relief!

Your not the first who recommended the pain meds exactly 45 minutes beforehand. I've actually been doubling them up around that time. :)

Forum List

Back