Surgery, monday at 7:15am

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I'm starting to grow more and more nervous as the time draws near. The small incisions made previously hurt like hell for a few days and this surgery is for a total excision of the pilonidal cyst. They will make an incision to get to the cyst, and then cut as much as needed to fully remove it. Hopefully it doesn't go too awfully deep or long! I'll be given a local anasthesia with an IV and likely not remember anything about the procedure. I'll be able to go home the same day but will be off my feet for several days and probably not wanting to sit or drive much. In case you didn't read the earlier threads, the hardest part after the excision is the aftercare. This surgery wound remains open post-op so that it can be drained properly. I'll need to pack the wound 2-3 times daily until it fully drains and the wound heals from the inside out.

As if this knowledge isn't enough to make you understand why I am nervous, take a peek at this gentleman's pictures of his wound after the surgery! Now, mine won't be nearly this large, but it's enough to scare the crap outta you!

***Warning*** VERY graphic photos of the wound post-op!

http://pilonidalcyst.fotopic.net/c184967.html

OMG, Thank the good lord that I had it done when I did and had stitches!!!!! Jim, I feel for ya!!!! stay good and doped up afterwards!!!!!!!

Well, I chose not to look at the pics but I wish ya the best on the surgery and recovery ! Ill keep your ass in my prayers !

Okay, thanks for the pictures but I didn't look. Sorry!
I'm really sorry you have to go through this. As far as the surgery, don't worry. The docs will do a good job and you won't remember a thing. This is exactly why I didn't want anyone to explain a C-Section to me. If I'm not going to know what's going on, then don't tell me about it and make me worry, LOL! For the after care, all I can say is damn that sucks. Seriously! Take care, stay strong, and get better soon!!
You'll be in my Prayers!! :D

Sir Evil said:
Hey Jim, wanna go horseback Riding Tuesday?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Just messing!:D

Give a call if ya need anything!

OUCH!!!!!!! Messed up Evil!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Sir Evil said:
Hey Jim, wanna go horseback Riding Tuesday?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Just messing!:D

Give a call if ya need anything!

Boy you are a smart ass tonight huh Evil !!

Hahahahahahaha Good one though !

Jim - you will be fine! You take after your mom when it comes to these things, but all works out in the end - and it your case - this is literal! Your stupid sister forgot to give me some stuff last night - so have to wake her ass up before I leave (which will be shortly). Have my breakfast ready!

Sir Evil said:
Jim has come through surgery just fine as I was just notified! Guess he will have a soar butt for a few day but think we will see him soon enough!:D

Thanks for the news! Glad the surgery went ok ! :rock:

Sir Evil said:
Jim has come through surgery just fine as I was just notified! Guess he will have a soar butt for a few day but think we will see him soon enough!:D
THanks Evil, that's good to hear!! :thup:

William Joyce said:
Drugs. Drugs are good. Drugs make person feel no pain. Drugs come from doctor. Drugs good.

Eloquent and insightful. A good tale well told, with a definite beginning, middle, and end, a theme, and meaningful character change.

Good to hear Jim's surgery is over.

Guess this casts a new light on the phrase "a case of the ass". Looks like Jim is going to have one for a few days.

Keep a big fluffy pillow handy Jim!!!

Glad to hear the good news.. Hope the recovery is a painless and speedy one !

Jim,

Hopefully by the time you read this, your not in so much pain. Was glad to receive the call that all went well! know if you need anything, don't hesitate to call, but only until the 26th, then I am done too! :)

Ass hurts. Head hurts. Waiting on wife to return from pharmacy with pain meds then I'm sleeping for the next 24 hours!! Thanks all for the well wishes.

Ouch!!!! Looks so painfull. I will be sending you good thoughts and a speedy recovery.............By the way nice buns!! :) Im sure your wife will take very good care of you :D

Forum List

Back