Surge to Nowhere

Hey, you're saying unpatriotic things right now. I don't see you getting shut down.

It's not the right but the left who consistently try to shut down anyone who doesn't agree with them, and cuts the legs out of the military whenever they get a chance.

You're so full of the crap you've eaten up at the knees of American-hating liberal journalists you can't see straight. Try thinking for yourself.

I don't think he said anything unpatriotic. The right's penchant for castigating dissent as "unpatriotic" is precisely his point. Thanks for making it for him.

That's because you've lost sight of what patriotism means yourself.

Still, it's not illegal. Carry on.

Still, it's not illegal. Carry on.

thanks again for proving his point.... the right routinely categorizes all dissent against it as unpatriotic.

and I spent my life in service to this country, sweetheart, and I really really really don't need to have some hairbrained housewife questioning MY patriotism. got it?

jesus fucking christ.

if the founding fathers were as "patriotic" as the modern conservatives we'd all be speaking with a cockney drawl and saluting the queen.

Please define it in your terms and then we can go from there. Unless we each know that the other one means by a word, it is a waste of font to agrue about i.:eusa_wall:

Not a housewife, but that comment speaks volumes about what you think of housewives in general.

Some patriot, to pretty much hold everyone in disdain.

A patriot is a person who supports his country, in word and in deed. Pretty basic.

Does a patriot support his country even when it is wrong?

Do you have to support the president to support your country?

Does support mean breaking the laws of the country?

Your explanation is too open to everyone's personal interpretation.

Patriotism is the belief and action of an individual to support his/her country in its defense when needed. It is the willingness to put your life on the line if necessary. It does not mean "my country right or wrong."

If as you say, we must spout the party line when we are at war, then you are justifying the German people who followed Hitler evenwhen they thought he was wrong.

I don't remember any right wing patriots supporting Clinton's attempt to get Obamma. Then he was wagging the dog.

There are too many holes in your argument and defition. Just like Bush's that you are with US or against US. That is simplistic bullshit.

Where'd you get your definition?

pa·tri·ot [ páytree ət, páytree òt ] (plural pa·tri·ots)

noun

Definition:

supporter of own country: a proud supporter or defender of his or her country and its way of life

I don't see any addendum "when defense is needed".

In which case, spouting defamatory b.s., gauged to support and encourage the enemy when we're at war would actually classify you as unpatriotic, by your own definition, anyway.

Where'd you get your definition?

pa·tri·ot [ páytree ət, páytree òt ] (plural pa·tri·ots)

noun

Definition:

supporter of own country: a proud supporter or defender of his or her country and its way of life

I don't see any addendum "when defense is needed".

In which case, spouting defamatory b.s., gauged to support and encourage the enemy when we're at war would actually classify you as unpatriotic, by your own definition, anyway.

saying that dissent is "gauged to support and encourage the enemy" is a fucking insult ande total bullshit. When americans who question our president are called unpatriotic, Teddy Roosevelt rolls over in his grave...and if he could know that it was a REPUBLICAN doing it.... he'd be apalled. really. Questioning the patriotism of those who disagree with this war is, itself disgusting. Wait...Teddy said it better:

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
Theodore Roosevelt

I guess that kinda means that ol' Teddy is saying that YOU are the traitor!

It's an insult every time a panty waste like you says idiotic things which support our enemy in a time of war. Criticism is necessary and healthy. But to claim the war is lost when we're still fighting it is unpatriotic.

I know our military certainly feels insulted when things like that get back to them.

And I could care less what Teddy is doing.

Remember the Saudis attacked US and we in turn attacked Iraq.
The Saudis didn't attack us.
Most of the people that attacked us were Sauds, but you cannot logically extend that to Saudi Arabia attacking us.

Like I said 3900 dead....
3200 combat deaths.
Yes, dead is dead, but a non-combat death is just as likely to happen at Ft Hood as is it in Baghdad.

And now, for perspective:
That 3200 works out to how many combat deaths per day, and how does that compare to every other war the US has been in?

...and when Bush and Cheney leave office they will be able to get their blind trusts that profitted from this war.
What do Bush/Cheney have in their blind trusts?
How do you know?

It's an insult every time a panty waste like you says idiotic things which support our enemy in a time of war. Criticism is necessary and healthy. But to claim the war is lost when we're still fighting it is unpatriotic.
Arguing that a war is lost in an attempt to sway public opinion against the party in power, therefore allowing your own party to make political gains, is something FAR worse that unpatriotic.

The liberals/Democrats dont giove a hoot in hell about the war, if we win or lose, or the lives of the servicemen over there -- all of those things, they see as a means to an end, and care about them insofar as miuch as they can be used to gain power for themselves.

If the only way they could win in 2008 (or any other year) was for 10,000 soldiers to die, they'd hope, every day, for huge body counts.

why don't you two get a room, your inaccurate partisan opinionated lovefest is really not pretty.

At least we don't shout with glee every time an American is killed somewhere...

I know our military certainly feels insulted when things like that get back to them.

And I could care less what Teddy is doing.

now if you could just find one instance where I have ever said anything that supported our enemy in time of war, that would be real nice, you traitorous bitch.

And how the fuck would YOU KNOW what our MILITARY feels, as if our military were one giant homogenous mass. I have tons of classmates who are still on active duty and NONE of them is insulted by my opinion when we speak about the war. NONE.

Forum List

Back