Surfing ON a cruise ship?

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I just saw a commercial for Royal Caribbean that showed a wave machine thing where you could "surf" without getting in the ocean. My thought is, why fall off a surfboard and hit water that feels like it was replaced by concrete, when you can land on ACTUAL concrete?

Don't get me wrong, this looks like fun, but the stream of water looks pretty thin over the surface. If I went on this cruise, I might try it to get the feel of surfing before actually going into the ocean to do it. I suppose there's less chance of a shark mistaking you for lunch...

fuzzykitten99 said:
I just saw a commercial for Royal Caribbean that showed a wave machine thing where you could "surf" without getting in the ocean. My thought is, why fall off a surfboard and hit water that feels like it was replaced by concrete, when you can land on ACTUAL concrete?

Don't get me wrong, this looks like fun, but the stream of water looks pretty thin over the surface. If I went on this cruise, I might try it to get the feel of surfing before actually going into the ocean to do it. I suppose there's less chance of a shark mistaking you for lunch...

it doesn't hurt

Forum List

Back