Sure...they Don't Want To Ban Guns...just Keep You From Buying Them...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yeah...keep telling us that no, they don't really want to ban guns...they just want "common sense" gun control....that is why the ATF is screwing around with gun stores.....

See...if no one will sell you a gun....they haven't banned them...

ATF Strangling Gun Dealers With Red Tape Extrano s Alley a gun blog

FOX News reports the ATF, in its effort to stamp out gun dealers, will cancel a dealers Federal Firearms License for any error on a Form 4473, or any other paperwork error.

Briefly quoting the FOX News report linked above:

Leaving one of the 132 items on the six-page questionnaire blank, or filling it in incorrectly, is an ATF violation. One violation can lead to a license revocation, which would put Mr. Stockman out of business.

Out of SSG Tactical’s 7,500 guns sold, the company could have made as many as 990,000 mistakes from the Form 4473 alone.

Turns out, Mr. Stockman’s team made about 180 errors — a 99.98 percent accuracy rate.

Since neither Mr. Stockman nor his employees may fill out a 4473, it would be more nearly correct to say Mr. Stockman’s customers made 180 errors out of a possible 990,00. And that Mr. Stockman’s employees failed to notice one error in 5,500 data entries.

Of course, we have known for years that leftist politicians think it is ATF’s job to put gun dealers out of business. Many of us still remember the mass license cancellations in the early 1990’s. And many of the same anti-gun politicians are still in office.

It's true. An acquaintance who owns a Guns store told me the same thing, two months ago. He said he used to be able to qualify a purchaser within a few minutes and now it takes a long time. Long enough time for the buying impulse to pass and often the potential buyer changes his or her mind.

It is the federal government interfering in private enterprise and who is surprised with that? And the buyer is left defenseless.

Another example of how our executive is usurping Congress and even Executive orders to accomplish his true goals.

I am worried what is going to happen in 2016. How many voting machines will be broken? Or will we even get a chance to vote?

Another example of how our executive is usurping Congress and even Executive orders to accomplish his true goals.

I am worried what is going to happen in 2016. How many voting machines will be broken? Or will we even get a chance to vote?

Good thinking. I don't trust two more years of Obama, Holder.

I honestly feel like a nutjob when I feel this way, because even though I have a tiny bit of conspiracy theorist in me, I am not whole hog on everything. 9/11 wasn't an inside job.

But I had a feeling after Nov 2008 that we were for sure in for eight years of this man. That came to pass in 2012. I also had a very bad feeling that has only grown since that we may be in for a very very bad surprise when we try to have an election in 2016.

Sounds like he should do a better job of checking those forms. If I get information wrong on one of my clients reports I could also lose my license. And I'm not even giving my clients anything dangerous.

Also I can't help but notice the store is still open and doing fine.

Sure...they Don't Want To Ban Guns...just Keep You From Buying Them...

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

The blogger seeks to contrive and propagate the lie that the ATF wishes to 'put gun dealers out of business,' when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

To maintain otherwise is paranoid, delusional, and unfounded.

It's incumbent upon gun dealers to follow Federal laws and regulations related to selling firearms, and failing to do that – including failing to complete documents correctly – is the fault solely of gun dealers.

Good thinking. I don't trust two more years of Obama, Holder.

I honestly feel like a nutjob when I feel this way, because even though I have a tiny bit of conspiracy theorist in me, I am not whole hog on everything. 9/11 wasn't an inside job.

But I had a feeling after Nov 2008 that we were for sure in for eight years of this man. That came to pass in 2012. I also had a very bad feeling that has only grown since that we may be in for a very very bad surprise when we try to have an election in 2016.

I know that this is an off topic tangent to this thread, but can we all see the deception that 'that man' has been doing to us?

Forum List

Back