Sure Cindy, It's Only Been About Your Son - Let's Keep That 15 Minutes Going....

ProudDem said:
Where's the compassion for Cindy Sheehan?

Anyone who takes their mourning public is then opening themslves up for criticism. If she wanted compassion she should have mourned like a normal person, not trying to use her sons death to get into the limelight. Hell, even her own family no longer wants anything to do with her. I think her actions are despicable and a black eye to her sons memory.

jimnyc said:
Anyone who takes their mourning public is then opening themslves up for criticism. If she wanted compassion she should have mourned like a normal person, not trying to use her sons death to get into the limelight. Hell, even her own family no longer wants anything to do with her. I think her actions are despicable and a black eye to her sons memory.

What does it mean to "mourn like a normal person"? We all deal with death differently. Some of us quietly mourn, and others do not. We have freedom of speech in this country. If you want to burn an American flag, you can. While part of me thinks she has taken this too far, another part of me has no idea what it is like to lose a child. She's not doing this in honor of her son--she's doing this based upon her reaction to her son's death. Even if her son felt he died for a good cause, she can think otherwise, as that is her right. I guess opinions and how people act on their opinions is okay with you as long as it is what you would do.

ProudDem said:
What does it mean to "mourn like a normal person"?

Honestly, I can't tell you what a 'normal' person does to mourn, but I can sure as hell tell you what a disturbed person does:

1- Pose for pictures
2- Run to reporters for interviews
3- Be used as a political icon
4- Denounce military assistance in New Orleans

I think she started off with good intentions and then started to enjoy her 15 minutes of fame a little too much. It's quite obvious she shouldn't have been in Crawford but rather a medical facility.

jimnyc said:
Honestly, I can't tell you what a 'normal' person does to mourn, but I can sure as hell tell you what a disturbed person does:

1- Pose for pictures
2- Run to reporters for interviews
3- Be used as a political icon
4- Denounce military assistance in New Orleans

I think she started off with good intentions and then started to enjoy her 15 minutes of fame a little too much. It's quite obvious she shouldn't have been in Crawford but rather a medical facility.

Okay, I can agree with some of what you said. I was disappointed when she was interviewed by Chris Matthews and he asked her if she actually preferred that Bush not meet with her, and her answer was yes. That took away some of her credibility in my eyes. I do sort of see how this has escalated. Had Bush met with her, I believe she would have been unable to continue this grandstanding that she's doing because the majority of people would not have respected her for not keeping her word. I know many people thought that Bush should not meet with her because (1) he had already met with her and (2) it would then cause others who had lost loved ones in this war to demand to talk to him. I still thought he could have met with her. It would have diffused this whole thing (and I am not blaming Bush for the escalation).

It will be interesting to see what happens when she comes to D.C. I work within a 3 minute walk to the White House. She is going to be doing a protest starting this Saturday. I usually go into work on the weekends, so I might walk over there just to see how big the rally is.

Alright. Anyone who says that Cindy cant be critisized because she lost a son better shut the heck up from now on. I just heard her tell a pregnant woman who lost her husband in Iraq off because that woman had the guts to speak up to her through her tears and tell her that she is misinformed if she thinks Al Queda is not in Iraq when Al Queda is taking credit for the attack that killed her husband. Cindy's response was "Well now your child is going to be fatherless because of a lie" There wasn't any compassion for this woman who was mourning the loss of her husband, who is excepting their child within the week. She was emotionally dead in her voice. She didn't even care.

If you Democrats want someone so heartless in your party fine. Keep her. But dont expect her to get you guys any support.

ProudDem...you approve of this?

GotZoom said:
ProudDem...you approve of this?

Zoom, well, based upon its content, it seems okay (since Cindy truly believes that the war is based on a lie), but based upon how she used it, probably not. Just because Cindy thinks that her son died because of a lie doesn't mean that she needs to assert her argument toward a woman who has lost her husband. That sounds heartless of her to say that.

I think Cindy has gotten out of hand.

ProudDem said:
Zoom, well, based upon its content, it seems okay (since Cindy truly believes that the war is based on a lie), but based upon how she used it, probably not. Just because Cindy thinks that her son died because of a lie doesn't mean that she needs to assert her argument toward a woman who has lost her husband. That sounds heartless of her to say that.

I think Cindy has gotten out of hand.

:clap:

ProudDem said:

<b>I think Cindy has gotten out of hand.</b>

Rep for you!

ProudDem said:
What does it mean to "mourn like a normal person"? We all deal with death differently. Some of us quietly mourn, and others do not. We have freedom of speech in this country. If you want to burn an American flag, you can. While part of me thinks she has taken this too far, another part of me has no idea what it is like to lose a child. She's not doing this in honor of her son--she's doing this based upon her reaction to her son's death. Even if her son felt he died for a good cause, she can think otherwise, as that is her right. I guess opinions and how people act on their opinions is okay with you as long as it is what you would do.

Exactly, we do have freedom of speech in this country. Which means we can critisize the heartless woman as much as we want. She isn't mourning. Mourning is an act of love. If there is any emotion involved in what she is doing it is hatred.

Why is it Democrats seem to think that the freedom of speech is only true for them? And why do they seem to think that if someone objects they are trying to take away the free speech of others rather than simply exercise their own? And why do Democrats thing we should respect someone exercising their free speech when what they are saying is cold and heartless?

Forum List

Back