Sure Cindy, It's Only Been About Your Son - Let's Keep That 15 Minutes Going....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GotZoom, Sep 16, 2005.

1. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    Cindy Sheehan may have ended her summer vigil at the president's ranch in Crawford, Texas, but she is taking her anti-war activism to colleges/universities by participating in public speaking and public programs across the nation.

New York, NY (PRWEB via PR Web Direct) September 14, 2005 -- There are moments in history when the courageous actions of one individual act to galvanize a movement – whether for civil rights, women's rights, pro-democracy, or against a war.

The summer of 2005 will forever be remembered with one mother's vigil for her lost son at President Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas. Cindy Sheehan has re-energized the nation's anti-war movement with her unflagging desire to meet with the president to ask: “What is the noble cause for which my son died in Iraq?”

Cindy Sheehan has become a national symbol of the powerless confronting the powerful, of a mother mourning the loss of her child and seeking answers from the nation's commander-in-chief, the man who made the case for the war in which her son lost his life.

Sheehan's activism has not ended with the president returning to Washington after his vacation. She is now involved in public speaking to groups around the country: one mother with one voice and one mission – to find a way to bring our troops home and spare other parents the grief of losing a child in an unjust war.

For additional information on Cindy Sheehan and her public speaking availability, visit www.speakingmatters.org.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/9/prweb284918.htm

------

You couldn't pay ME to let her speak somewhere.

2. ProudDem

ProudDem Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    So are you saying that once someone starts a cause, it cannot be expanded at all?

I support her cause to some extent, and I love that she has reminded people that this war is bogus.

3. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I support her cause too. She illustrates just how mindless, misguided and treasonous leftist ideologues are these days. Go Cindy, Poster Girl for Lib Stupidity!

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste."

4. ProudDem

ProudDem Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Is that the best you can come up with? :rotflmao:

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Why does he have to come up with anything better than the truth? The fact is she is clearly illustrating how ridiculous the anti war extremists in this country are. I mean the woman is using her son's death for political purposes. And the Anti war left is exploiting her for everything they can get.

Problem is the left hasnt given anyone any reason to oppose the war other than "We hate Bush"

6. ProudDem

ProudDem Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    How is NOT supporting the war "ridiculous"? Are you saying that people can have only one opinion about this issue? If so, puleeze.

Now that's funny. I guess our being told that Iraq had WMDs and that it was an imminent threat to us, when, in fact, it had no WMDs, it had not threatened us, nor was there any connection between September 11th and Iraq, aren't valid reasons. Okaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    So in your mind after we attacked Afghanistan the war on terror was over? Obsess about the mistakes in our planning prior to invading all you want but the fact is that we are now fighting and killing and terrorists, al-quaeda and islamo-facism in Iraq.
    If you are angry about the lies we are told by our government that we are expected to believe, I'm sure that folks can come up with a million for you.
    Democrats are pissed off by republican lies and Republicans are pissed at the lies of the democrats. We should ALL be pissed at any lie told to us by our government. Not just take turns depending on whose party is in power.

8. Avatar4321

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Not supporting the war is ridiculous because doing nothing has never made us safer. These people are at war with us. We either acknowledge that and fight back, or we do nothing and wait for them to attack again. If you think they are suddenly going to stop if we dont respond then you are still living in the fantasy land that was the 1990s.

I hate when liberals can't even get the reasons straight. Why we went in wasn't that complicated.

Once again WMDs was just one of many reasons we went in. Saddam has a history of using WMDs. We even found some. We also found plans to make more and weapons projects, including nuclear weapons. The dutch found nuclear material, called yellow cake, smuggled out of Iraq in scrap metal. Jordan captured a number of Syrian terrorists last year smuggling WMDs into Jordan.

At no time did the President ever say that Iraq was an iminent threat. It was John Kerry and John Edwards who were saying Iraq was an iminent threat. The President said that if we waited for it to become an iminenet threat, it would be too late. Read the State of the Union before the war if you disbelieve me.

And if you still cant figure out how 911 is connected to Iraq, you are just a complete moron here. It really isn't that difficult. You see terrorists attacked us on 911. We in turn declared a war on terrorism and any nations that supported terrorism. Saddam supports terrorism. In fact, he has specific ties to Osama Bin Laden. He offered Osama a place of refuge in Iraq. If you are unaware of that read the 911 commission report sometime. Are these concepts that difficult to understand?

Why is it you libs seem to live in some alternate reality where you can pretend as though none of these facts exist? If you were at all thinking rationally you wouldn't be critisizing the President claiming Iraq had no WMDs. You would be critisizing him for not having found the WMDs that we know were there. (Which we would likely have found if you libs hadnt wasted about a year holding up the liberation of Iraq)

It must be nice living in the fantasy world you are in. One of these days youll realize what truly happened on 911 was a wake up call. We live in a dangerous world. and its not time to be cowardly and flee from it. We need to face evil in this world or it will overcome us.

9. Avatar4321

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Yeah, maybe one of these days the libs will actually stop yelling "He lied!" and actually try to prove a single lie. Course ive been waiting for that for years. Heck, im still waiting for someone to tell me what Clinton did that was so excellent.

10. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I think its just funny how she knows her 15 minutes are up, polls show 80% don't care about her, and she's just scrambling to New Orleans, Micheal Moore, anywhere to get back in the camera. Funny, and sad.