Suprised that all the talk of religion.....Islam

aris2chat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2012
Surprised that all the talk of religion and yet no one is talking of the ISIS hanging or executing boys for eating during the day.
The abuse of Islam is not discussed but you all want to attack gay and christians that don't have identical think.
You are so consumed with what is and is not a sin but you don't even blink at brutality in the name of god being carried out more than five feet beyond your front door?
You gripe about xmas trees and birth control but not about massacres?
Corruption and distortion of the second larges faith is not relevant? You would rather bicker about Jesus did and did not actually say or carry on infighting between different christian denominations. This is constructive?

Five feet in front of my door is trees.....If an ISIS punk wants to come on over a taste a little hospitality usually given to narcs and snakes...Bring it on...But Iraq is more than 5 feet away, literally...

Five feet in front of my door is trees.....If an ISIS punk wants to come on over a taste a little hospitality usually given to narcs and snakes...Bring it on...But Iraq is more than 5 feet away, literally...

but ISIS attacks are being carried out in the US and around the world, not just in Iraq or Syria.

but ISIS attacks are being carried out in the US and around the world, not just in Iraq or Syria.

It is discussed. Frequently. More threads are devoted to Islam than to any other religion.

Surprised that all the talk of religion and yet no one is talking of the ISIS hanging or executing boys for eating during the day.
The abuse of Islam is not discussed but you all want to attack gay and christians that don't have identical think.
You are so consumed with what is and is not a sin but you don't even blink at brutality in the name of god being carried out more than five feet beyond your front door?
Corruption and distortion of the second larges faith is not relevant? You would rather bicker about Jesus did and did not actually say or carry on infighting between different christian denominations. This is constructive?
Wrong.

The self-proclaimed 'Islamic state' is not 'representative' of Islam, it is not sanctioned by Islam, its acts are that of terror, not religion.

Wrong.

The self-proclaimed 'Islamic state' is not 'representative' of Islam, it is not sanctioned by Islam, its acts are that of terror, not religion.
Perhaps. But then if I were Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Algeria, Kuwait, et al. I would have attacked them and wiped them out long before we came to this. If it's as important to them as is destroying Israel and everything Christian.

Wrong.

Perhaps. But then if I were Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Algeria, Kuwait, et al. I would have attacked them and wiped them out long before we came to this. If it's as important to them as is destroying Israel and everything Christian.

Are you saying Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Algeria, Kuwait are destroying Israel and everything Christian?

I partially agree with you. But I think it is important that you include the vast majority of mainstream media in your indictments who play a huge role affecting public opinion. As well as an apologetic administration. Say what you want, but at least Fox shows the most concern for this global terror.

The bickering amongst denominations resides mainly on the internet and boards like this. I do not see Rome or Baptists or Pentecostals taking too much time destroying each other publicly. Maybe the fundamentalists get a little carried away with their "unassailable" unique dogmas.

Last edited:
Wrong.

and sadly there are too many muslims flocking to their 'cause' every week.
There are many reason and exceptions to fasting during ramadan. Children do not have the same will power to abstain from eating or drinking in the heat of summer for a month from sun up to sun down. There is little or no electricity let alone AC in much of the area. Temperatures in excess of 100 degrees.

It is not just tragic what ISIS is doing but shameful more muslims from around the world are not speaking out more loudly and forcefully about this. It should not just be arab states fighting against ISIS but muslims teaching the world that this is not what Islam is about. Where are the calls for takfir? Why are there not people at every airport and border crossing to keep muslims from joining in this travesty? Where are the parents and imams preventing kids from traveling half way around the world?

Where is the outrage of all faiths against the massacres and abuses? This is not something that should be limited to a few opeds in a handful of newspapers. This is something that should be everyone concern. It is not isolated to the middle east but effects just about every country in the world.

Why are there not more voices?

Wrong.

There are many reason and exceptions to fasting during ramadan. Children do not have the same will power to abstain from eating or drinking in the heat of summer for a month from sun up to sun down. There is little or no electricity let alone AC in much of the area. Temperatures in excess of 100 degrees.

It is not just tragic what ISIS is doing but shameful more muslims from around the world are not speaking out more loudly and forcefully about this. It should not just be arab states fighting against ISIS but muslims teaching the world that this is not what Islam is about. Where are the calls for takfir? Why are there not people at every airport and border crossing to keep muslims from joining in this travesty? Where are the parents and imams preventing kids from traveling half way around the world?

Where is the outrage of all faiths against the massacres and abuses? This is not something that should be limited to a few opeds in a handful of newspapers. This is something that should be everyone concern. It is not isolated to the middle east but effects just about every country in the world.

Everyday, there is something in the news about what is going on in Syria and Iraq - everyday. Most of the news I listen to is on the radio to and from work and the reporting is pretty indepth - not shallow.

Are you saying Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Algeria, Kuwait are destroying Israel and everything Christian?
If I am not, the last 100 years are.

If they had wanted to - it would have been destroyed long ago.
I take it you do not live in Tel Aviv.
Or maybe get all your news and history from "special sources" only.

No. I do not get all my news and history from "special sources". Do you?

And yet the biggest threat is domestic terrorist, or mass killings done by non-Muslim Americans.....Sorry old chum, but I refuse to live in fear...except making enough to pay my way in life...

Well let's start with history. Islam and its sword were only stopped by Christians battling them from going far further into Europe from the 7th century on until the 16th century. They already had conquered all of the Middle East, North Africa and Asia Minor. Clearly their mission is to conquer the world by force.

Israel in particular has had to fight 5 wars and countless attacks since the day it became a nation -- by themselves. What do you think these Arab nations would have done if they won any of those wars? What's changed?

Well let's start with history. Islam and its sword were only stopped by Christians battling them from going far further into Europe from the 7th century on until the 16th century. They already had conquered all of the Middle East, North Africa and Asia Minor. Clearly their mission is to conquer the world by force.

Israel in particular has had to fight 5 wars and countless attacks since the day it became a nation -- by themselves. What do you think these Arab nations would have done if they won any of those wars? What's changed?
What was Genghis Khans religion, since his nation of Mongols had the world's largest continuous empire the Earth has ever known???

If you study the history of the region, nothing has changed......except the border lines.....

Wrong.

Everyday, there is something in the news about what is going on in Syria and Iraq - everyday. Most of the news I listen to is on the radio to and from work and the reporting is pretty indepth - not shallow.

I don't know about your radio but not enough is said in most of the papers around the world that I read daily. Not enough is said on the TV news, or not enough of the right thinks are said. This has to go beyond a few reports but to the hearts and minds of all muslims, of all people that is a humanitarian travesty. Not enough is said about how to stop it or why this is not what Islam is really about.

I don't hear enough about peace and tolerance from any religion but far too much about the end times, rapture, and armies of god taking up arms in a final battle. Far too much about then vs us instead of 'all of us'. Too much about destroying the enemies instead of teaching love of all mankind, all life on the planet.

Too much about who is going to heaven,or hell, instead of creating heaven on earth here and now.

How are 50 million refugees good for the planet? How many massacres before it is too many? How much hate is being taught instead of common respect and lawful behavior. How many have to die before we learn to care more about life?

Where are the solution to stop the spiraling out of control? Where are the leaders to help us all on the right path, irregardless of religion or politics?

Wrong.

I don't know about your radio but not enough is said in most of the papers around the world that I read daily. Not enough is said on the TV news, or not enough of the right thinks are said. This has to go beyond a few reports but to the hearts and minds of all muslims, of all people that is a humanitarian travesty. Not enough is said about how to stop it or why this is not what Islam is really about.

I don't hear enough about peace and tolerance from any religion but far too much about the end times, rapture, and armies of god taking up arms in a final battle. Far too much about then vs us instead of 'all of us'. Too much about destroying the enemies instead of teaching love of all mankind, all life on the planet.

Too much about who is going to heaven,or hell, instead of creating heaven on earth here and now.

How are 50 million refugees good for the planet? How many massacres before it is too many? How much hate is being taught instead of common respect and lawful behavior. How many have to die before we learn to care more about life?

Where are the solution to stop the spiraling out of control? Where are the leaders to help us all on the right path, irregardless of religion or politics?
It's a period of romanticism.....and the era of the last romanticism brought with it rebellions and governmental change.....

Forum List

Back