Supreme Court to rule on gay marriage bans

I am speaking to one Christian who holds that Christians can refuse to obey the laws if they really, really don't agree with them.

Most Christians have no problem with obeying the law- I was asking that poster which laws he thought Christians were exempt from.

Do you think Christians are exempt from the law if they really, really, don't agree with them?

What about Jews? Muslims? Buddhists?

The little ole' Mayo Clinic, 2007:

The Mayo Clinic said no such thing. You not only lie about this being a study of the Mayo Clinic, you purposely lie about what Dr. Hall and Hall paper says.

You are a liar and a bigot.

I am speaking to one Christian who holds that Christians can refuse to obey the laws if they really, really don't agree with them.

Most Christians have no problem with obeying the law- I was asking that poster which laws he thought Christians were exempt from.

Do you think Christians are exempt from the law if they really, really, don't agree with them?

The Mayo Clinic said no such thing. You not only lie about this being a study of the Mayo Clinic, you purposely lie about what Dr. Hall and Hall paper says.

I don't understand why Silo lies about his sources like this. I mean, its not like we're going to fall for the ol' Jedi Mind trick and just believe him because he makes the claim over and over.

Honestly, I think Sil really thinks the quotes he's made up are there. I think we're dealing with a person who, in a very real sense, is literally hallucinating their argument.

It is sad how hateful you liberals are.....Just like spoiled children. Homosexuality is a choice. It is one I dont support or approve of. Hate the sin love the sinner. All you liberals know how to do is hate. This isn't about whether Adam and Steve can get hitched. The end game is going to be forcing churches to perform sinful marriages or lose tax exempt status..... They will destroy all the good churches do so they can be less scared about God judging them on their sins. Spoiled idiot children all you progressives are.

It is sad how hateful you liberals are.....Just like spoiled children. Homosexuality is a choice.

How is advocating same sex marriage 'hateful'?

The end game is going to be forcing churches to perform sinful marriages or lose tax exempt status....

Nope. Churches aren't subject to PA laws. Which, of course, you know.

I don't understand why Silo lies about his sources like this. I mean, its not like we're going to fall for the ol' Jedi Mind trick and just believe him because he makes the claim over and over.

Honestly, I think Sil really thinks the quotes he's made up are there. I think we're dealing with a person who, in a very real sense, is literally hallucinating their argument.

I followed Silhouette down the rabbit hole from her Post where she said goodbye to her own website.....and apparently she has that website so no one can dispute her bizarre and false claims.

She is oblivious to the truth.

It is sad how hateful you liberals are.....Just like spoiled children. Homosexuality is a choice.

I think it is sad how hateful you homophobes are- how you want to discriminate against people simply because they are attracted to the same gender.

There is no evidence that sexual attraction is a choice- how we act on that attraction is of course the choice we all make.

. The end game is going to be forcing churches to perform sinful marriages or lose tax exempt status......

After the 1964 Civil Rights Act, churches continued to be segregated in many parts of the United States- and many refused to perform mixed race marriages.

Yet- no church was ever forced to perform a mixed race marriage- nor was a 'white' church forced to have a 'black wedding' or vice versa.

Didn't happen then- not going to happen now.

It is sad how hateful you liberals are.....Just like spoiled children. Homosexuality is a choice. It is one I dont support or approve of. Hate the sin love the sinner. All you liberals know how to do is hate. This isn't about whether Adam and Steve can get hitched. The end game is going to be forcing churches to perform sinful marriages or lose tax exempt status..... They will destroy all the good churches do so they can be less scared about God judging them on their sins. Spoiled idiot children all you progressives are.

Nice tantrum. Are you pounding your fist on the floor and kicking your feet while you type?

Churches will never be forced by the government to perform same sex ceremonies...their congregation is another story...

Nice tantrum. Are you pounding your fist on the floor and kicking your feet while you type?

Churches will never be forced by the government to perform same sex ceremonies...their congregation is another story...
It must really irritate you that I have the freedom to not view your sin as normal and that you can't force it like the fascist you are..... like I said spoiled children.

Who would choose to be gay? To be mocked endlessly, attacked, beaten up or worse, to have to hide who you are for fear of being disowned by your family, fired from your job and in so many ways, to be rejected by society at large?

I have seen very religious gay men who go through their entire lives alone because they couldn't allow themselves to be gay.

I believe God made gays and God doesn't make mistakes. There have been gays in every culture throughout history. Gay behaviour is exhibited across many species of animals as well.

Jesus said to "love one another as I have loved you" and said that we would be judged by how we treat the least among us. Those who denigrate gays, and other marginalized people, are going to have a lot to answer for.

Who would choose to be gay? To be mocked endlessly, attacked, beaten up or worse, to have to hide who you are for fear of being disowned by your family, fired from your job and in so many ways, to be rejected by society at large?...I have seen very religious gay men who go through their entire lives alone because they couldn't allow themselves to be gay....I believe God made gays and God doesn't make mistakes. There have been gays in every culture throughout history.
My friend never chose nor was created gay by God. He was made that way by imprinting when he was young by being molested by an older man. He died of AIDS in his early 30s. Turns out his story is all too common. Let's all stop wishful thinking and look at the facts...

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta.. Drug Use among Gay Men Pervasive by Worcester Sharon - Clinical Psychiatry News Vol. 33 Issue 2 February 2005 Online Research Library Questia

Who would choose to be gay? To be mocked endlessly, attacked, beaten up or worse, to have to hide who you are for fear of being disowned by your family, fired from your job and in so many ways, to be rejected by society at large?...I have seen very religious gay men who go through their entire lives alone because they couldn't allow themselves to be gay....I believe God made gays and God doesn't make mistakes. There have been gays in every culture throughout history.
My friend never chose nor was created gay by God. He was made that way by imprinting when he was young by being molested by an older man. He died of AIDS in his early 30s. Turns out his story is all too common. Let's all stop wishful thinking and look at the facts...
]

Maybe your friend did end up having a sexual dysfunction due to his being molested as a boy- which is a tragedy- but of course all child molestation is a tragedy.

However, none of the gay friends I have were molested as children, and all of them knew early on that they were 'different' in that they were attracted to the same gender- and had to carefully hide that fact to escape abuse and bullying from classmates, 'friends' and even family.

It must really irritate you that I have the freedom to not view your sin as normal and that you can't force it like the fascist you are..... like I said spoiled children.

Nope. Doesn't bother me at all. It does bother the family members of gays. They will "force" the churches to change. Hell, they already are.

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta.. Drug Use among Gay Men Pervasive by Worcester Sharon - Clinical Psychiatry News Vol. 33 Issue 2 February 2005 Online Research Library Questia

You've claimed that most gays were molested as children. Yet when pressed to show us who other than yourself you're citing, you've got nothing.

I have a friend who is gay. He doesn't use drugs, isn't depressed, isn't abused and was never molested. Shattering your assumptions. If homosexuality was caused by sexual abuse then all gay men would be victims of sexual abuse.

They're not. Your 'cause', isn't.

You can't get around that.

I have a number of gay friends, none of whom were molested as children, who don't abuse drugs and are happy successful people.

Those gays I've met who have issues, are men who have no romantic relationships at all. They're not attracted to women and they won't date men. They're quite lonely. I feel badly for them.

Being unable to accept or love yourself causes great emotional damage.

Nope. Doesn't bother me at all. It does bother the family members of gays. They will "force" the churches to change. Hell, they already are.
What a large lie you are spewing there.... Of course it bothers you that many of us dont see your sin as normal otherwise you wouldn't be here crying about how hard it is that you chose to be a homosexual......

I have a number of gay friends, none of whom were molested as children, who don't abuse drugs and are happy successful people.

Those gays I've met who have issues, are men who have no romantic relationships at all. They're not attracted to women and they won't date men. They're quite lonely. I feel badly for them.

Being unable to accept or love yourself causes great emotional damage.
If a friend is going to commit a crime do you help him do it??????? Loving a friend does not mean you have to accept his sin and approve it. Oh and by the way homosexuality is a sin and thus a crime against God.

Imaging my surprise at seeing that SeaBytch still wants to force churches to accept gays.

Forum List

Back