Supreme Court to hear Texas redistricting case.

...federal judges in San Antonio "overreached and displayed judicial activism inconsistent with federal law and contrary to the intent of the Legislature."

Uh oh.

Since there are several such actions that the Supreme Court has never found in need of addressing one can assume this case does not meet the criteria of the federal Judge stepping in.

Disgusting. Districting should be done in block shapes, not drawn around constituents to ensure one party or the other gains dominance. I can't fathom a justification in drawing a district with any other figure than population as the driver.

...federal judges in San Antonio "overreached and displayed judicial activism inconsistent with federal law and contrary to the intent of the Legislature."

Uh oh.

you know that's the argument they're making and not the determination of the supreme court, right?

I do. And to be clear, I have no problem with Courts doing so when obvious problems exist. The problem I have is when Judges and Courts do so and maintain control for years for no real reason or a flimsy one.

Again this is a well established procedure and just the fact the Supreme Court agreed to hear it bodes ill for the Court in question.

Forum List

Back