Supreme Court strikes down Stolen Valor Act

It's not against the law to tell a lie. Stolen Valor is, and should be repugnant, but illegal? That's not supported.

Guys have been lying about their valor for thousands of years...

How else are they going to get laid?

As President of the United Federation of Planets, I support this ruling.

I was just saying to Angelina Jolie in bed this morning, "You know, cupcake, if people can't figure out how to think critically when someone makes a bogus claim, they deserve to be lied to." And then I posted on a forum in my Rush Limbaugh persona that illegal aliens were swinging elections.

Last edited:
This is complete and utter bullshit.

I guess the court figured that the whole health care thing would be so big that no-one would notice this.

It's a fucking travesty.

I was just saying to Angelina Jolie in bed this morning, "You know, cupcake, if people can't figure out how to think critically when someone makes a bogus claim, they deserve to be lied to." And then I posted on a forum in my Rush Limbaugh persona that illegal aliens were swinging elections.

It's not just a question of your average internet bullshit.

People rely on military experience to help them get jobs.

The guy who brought the case to congress got a job because he claimed 30 years of service in the Marines, as well as several commendations.

It's a giant slap in the face to America's veterans.

It's not just a question of your average internet bullshit.

People rely on military experience to help them get jobs.

The guy who brought the case to congress got a job because he claimed 30 years of service in the Marines, as well as several commendations.

It's a giant slap in the face to America's veterans.

Lying on a resume is a crime?

Usually, it just gets you fired. Veterans are tough SOBs. They can take it

Lying with the intention of making a profit is fraud.

fraud/frôd/
Noun:
1. Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
2. A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

Lying with the intention of making a profit is fraud.

fraud/frôd/
Noun:
1. Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
2. A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

Then prosecute under fraud statutes. It usually just gets you fired

Forum List

Back