Supreme Court rules 8th Amendment applies to states

Gator, how about you learn to read? I never said women ARE children. What I said is that just because I don't think children are capable of defending a nation doesn't mean that I hate them. Do you hate children?

Good thing I did not claim you said women are children, I said you equated adult women to children. You consider them to be equivalent of each other when it comes to defending this great nation.

Now every single guy who is not a full on retard knows what happens when a male military goes against a female military. The exact same when male sports team goes against woman sports team, or male chess champion goes against a female chess champion. Once that reality is changed, maybe then you will have a point.

nobody is talking about a male military goes against a female military. We have women in our military both times we invaded Iraq, and they had none...which military came out victorious?

So stop hating women, children and yourself... and allow everyone to do what they are best suited for with no hate. That of course leaves losers like yourself with nothing, but hey, everyone can't win.

I do not hate anyone, I leave that to people like you. I do want everyone to do what they are best suited for. If a female is best suited for defending this nation she should be allowed to do it, no matter what bigots like you think about it.

I would bet 1000 dollars you would not have the balls to get into the octagon with a single female MMA competitor yet in your mind you are better suited for MMA than they are.

Here is something you might want to think about, judge each person individually instead of judging an entire sex as one group.

You said I hate women because I don't think they should be in military. Now I don't think cats should be in military either. Therefore retard gator thinks I equate women with cats. Fact is hate does not follow from this property which was all that was said. Men and women both have other properties in common with children, such as being human. Are man therefore children? Nope, rather Golfing Gator is a retard.

Male MMA competitor would beat the hell out of woman MMA competitor, a fact. But that's irrelevant, you are rehashing the old "not all" fallacy, I never said that every woman is unfit for a military duty. In general, they are and "wanting" to be in has nothing to do with fitness. Last time I checked a draft would not pick out only MMA competitors, or even those wanting to be in (which is most likely almost no one).

Military standards have been lowered because women entering, also a problem.

Last edited:
Big win in the fight against civil asset forfeiture in Supreme Court today...not a total victory, but definitely a big step in the right direction.

If you'd rather read than watch, link to CNBC:

In a unanimous holding, the justices for the first time incorporated the 8th Amendment's protection against excessive fines to the states. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who delivered the court's opinion, wrote that the safeguard is "fundamental to our scheme of ordered liberty."

Supreme Court says states can't impose excessive fines in pivotal ruling

Most States claim that as a civil right. Due Process applies.

I think it was unanimous too. Far too long many states law enforcement has been stealing people’s property with these overreaching forfeit laws in order to subsidize their budgets .

Total scam .

Supreme Court strikes blow against states that raise revenue by hefty fines, forfeitures

Guy got busted wh heroine and they took his $40k truck .
How did he buy that $40k truck ? Selling heroin ?

With inheritance from his Father. You know. Life Insurance.

This started as a means to hit drug trafficking and morphed into a montrosity of overreach, if you can even be so kind as to call it that. This is/was theft undertaken by cops, IMO.

A cop in Kane County, IL, where I happen to live, was quoted:

"The officer who initiated the stop once described asset forfeiture as "a tax-liberating gold mine" that allows the government to "pull in expendable cash hand over fist," according to a complaint filed in U.S. District Court. The officer, a sergeant, also works for Desert Snow, a private company that trains officers in police stops and asset forfeiture, according to the lawsuit. The Kane County sheriff's office is among agencies that have paid Desert Snow for training."

It would seem they knew damn well what they were doing and were actively training to do it. I'd say it's unbelievable, but there's no such thing in this world when it comes to abuse of power or greed, which both came together, in this case, to wreak havoc on people's lives while hiding behind the badge and the law.

These people should be prosecuted. They won't be of course.

Just following the law, wink, wink. Just doing what we were told, wink, wink.

Blech.....
Funny, I've never been stopped by the law and had to worry about any of this bullcrap.

Oh that's right, I don't do drugs or drink and drive. That might have something to do with it.

It doesn’t matter.

Judge orders cops to return stripper’s $1 million IN CASH taken during traffic stop

I could go on. But you probably wouldn’t care enough to listen.

I'm against women being drafted, and how did it get to be that judges call attention to themselves for legislating into law their feelings from the bench, and that a wise American majority would reject hands down.

I think there needs to be a pants-down spanking for this idiot judge.
insist our politicians come up with political solutions not military or gunboat diplomacy solutions.

Haven't read it but if I remember correctly they cant confiscate a known drug dealers property?
I mean if they cant show a means of income and they live in a nice house and drive high end cars I say you take their shit if convicted.
This bullshit of pulling people over on I-10 between Florida and California and seizing peoples money is bullshit.
Although I will say that when they seize a large lump sum of cash it probably is drug money.
But ya cant prove it.
That is why we need more decisions like this.

Any amount of cash found in someone's car or on ones person can be seized on the pretext that it MIGHT be illegally obtained.

The fact is it may not be drug money or illegal money at all.

Some people have good reason for using cash rather than other forms of payment.

It is perfectly legal to do so but the states have essentially been stealing large sums for years and it is unacceptable.

Me personally? I would never travel with large sums of money if I was engaging in a legitimate transaction.
I want a paper trail in those instances.
That may well be true and wise.

However others will still have valid reasons for not wanting a paper trail and for using large sums of cash

I have done so myself and not doe anything illegal.

I simply find that in certain select circumstances it is best to use cash and leave no record

Either way as long as the money is legal tender for all debts public and private the state should be banned from seizing or before one is convicted

I cant conceive of a situation where large sums of money need to be in cash for a transaction.
Maybe you can enlighten me.

Plenty of people will not buy firearms or ammunition with anything but cash.

My uncle's old boss always carried a bunch of cash when he was traveling...he was always looking for trucks and equipment for sale...and cash talks!

Cash transactions with no paper trail are more confidential and discreet.

Let's say for example you are under a legit threat of a law suit. Meaning none has been filed against you but it probably will be by someone.

A paper trail leaves something doe the courts to look at and establish how much money you have and therefore how much they can take.

Cash leaves no such record.

The same might be true for people facing divorce.

Granted this is all a little dishonest as what you are doing is hiding your money from the government. But that would imply that the government should be allowed to know everything about you.

Another reason might be the need to get a transaction accomplished very quickly.

Checks take time to process and credit/ debit cards often charge large fees and banks often have funny restrictions on electronic transfers.

The point is some have found they can save a few dollars and get business done faster but laying cash.

So when you're doing something nefarious or underhanded.

You're actually sitting here telling us monetary currency is "nefarious or underhanded"?

I got a C-note here that says you're full of shit. :deal:

I dont care if you want to pay cash for big ticket items.
I dont because I want a record and a paper trail if things end up in litigation for whatever reason and I dont like carrying large sums in cash because of the potential of being robbed.
Do I agree with the confiscation of large sums of cash by the police?
Of course not,unless there is ample proof of wrongdoing.

I've just never came across a situation where I felt the need to pay cash simple as that.

That's fine, you do what you want.
But don't try to tell me how I have to do it.

When's the last time you were "robbed" of cash? For me it was 1987. Since then 32 years ago I've been ripped off by card transactions more times than I could count.

And you get your money back when that happens.
Besides the bank has to inform the gov when you take out 10k or more from your bank account.
If they get no report they're going to wonder where you came up with that cash. Why ask for problems when a simple cashier's check works just as well?
My last car and motorcycle purchases...the seller would only take cash.

Civil assets forfeiture was Jeff Session's pet concern and he just put himself on the sidelines while Donald Trump was being railroaded with a fake Russian collusion scam. At least Sessions had his priorities straight....municipalities simply taking cars, cash, land, etc. without due cause or purely on suspicion alone. He thought that was fine.

Of course the guy in the flashy car with a pocketful for cash is probably a drug dealer of some sort. But probably isn't reason enough. Police Theft So Out of Hand, State Just Passed a Law Banning Cops from Robbing Innocent People
Cops have been making a killing taking stuff just because they can.

Donald Trump was being railroaded with a fake Russian collusion scam.

The FLOTUS is Russian.

Wrong.

Her father is a card carrying communist.

Irrelevant.

While we were distracted with "the wall", Russia carried out successful testing of a missile capable of deploying a nuclear device to the continental US and we have no means of stopping it.

The Russians have had that capability for sixty years. (The R-7 ICBM, called the SS-6 Sapwood by NATO, was fielded in 1959, the SS-7 Saddler in 1961.) It's not new.

Haven't read it but if I remember correctly they cant confiscate a known drug dealers property?
I mean if they cant show a means of income and they live in a nice house and drive high end cars I say you take their shit if convicted.
This bullshit of pulling people over on I-10 between Florida and California and seizing peoples money is bullshit.
Although I will say that when they seize a large lump sum of cash it probably is drug money.
But ya cant prove it.
That is why we need more decisions like this.

Any amount of cash found in someone's car or on ones person can be seized on the pretext that it MIGHT be illegally obtained.

The fact is it may not be drug money or illegal money at all.

Some people have good reason for using cash rather than other forms of payment.

It is perfectly legal to do so but the states have essentially been stealing large sums for years and it is unacceptable.

Me personally? I would never travel with large sums of money if I was engaging in a legitimate transaction.
I want a paper trail in those instances.
That may well be true and wise.

However others will still have valid reasons for not wanting a paper trail and for using large sums of cash

I have done so myself and not doe anything illegal.

I simply find that in certain select circumstances it is best to use cash and leave no record

Either way as long as the money is legal tender for all debts public and private the state should be banned from seizing or before one is convicted

I cant conceive of a situation where large sums of money need to be in cash for a transaction.
Maybe you can enlighten me.

Plenty of people will not buy firearms or ammunition with anything but cash.

My uncle's old boss always carried a bunch of cash when he was traveling...he was always looking for trucks and equipment for sale...and cash talks!

I always pay cash for firearms bought on Armslist.
But the most I've ever spent was $1200 for a FNX .45 and a Sig AR for the same price.
But then I dont consider $1200 to be a lot of cash and I doubt the cops would either.

As far as cash talks? I can get my hands on hundreds of thousand in short order through the banking system.
Give the dude a thousand non refundable bucks and I'm sure he'll wait a few hours.

So when you're doing something nefarious or underhanded.

You're actually sitting here telling us monetary currency is "nefarious or underhanded"?

I dont because I want a record and a paper trail if things end up in litigation for whatever reason and I dont like carrying large sums in cash because of the potential of being robbed.

I've just never came across a situation where I felt the need to pay cash simple as that.

When's the last time you were "robbed" of cash? For me it was 1987. Since then 32 years ago I've been ripped off by card transactions more times than I could count.

Besides the bank has to inform the gov when you take out 10k or more from your bank account.
If they get no report they're going to wonder where you came up with that cash. Why ask for problems when a simple cashier's check works just as well?

If ya gotta use cash I dont have a problem with it. Not sure why a cashier's check wouldnt accomplish the same thing though.
All ya gotta do is call the bank and see if the check is legit.

Women control men and can be liars worse then men.

Only if their weak men, like you.
Watching all those weak black men crush your skulls in is funny. Oh I forgot, they are on your side. And reality! Tell them they are weak.

Just make sure you pay to watch. No illegal downloading of pirated content.
I get to watch the carnage everyday on TV and the internet. Its sad and funny at the same time.

If ya gotta use cash I dont have a problem with it. Not sure why a cashier's check wouldnt accomplish the same thing though.
All ya gotta do is call the bank and see if the check is legit.

Neither do I, though that wouldn't have worked for the bike. (Bought it on a Sunday.)

I met the guy at my bank for the car...got the money and handed it to him there.

We never keep our money in the bank except to pay bills by automatic deduction. The rest is always cash in the pocket - or well hidden in the house.

We never keep our money in the bank except to pay bills by automatic deduction. The rest is always cash in the pocket - or well hidden in the house.

In other words, you're broke.

Wrong. Lots of people use cash. when somebody writes me a check, I deposit it, then withdraw most it as soon as I can and do something useful with it, even if it means I just buy cases of toilet paper or motor oil with it just the savings from inflation are better than the returns a bank account of cd will earn on it. Only morons use plastic.

Heads up for dumbasses: Just because your bank has that nice lil FDIC sticker on the door doesn't mean they kept paying the premiums on that insurance and you'll get your money back when the bank fails, and you'll wait years to get it back even if they are really insured.

Wrong. Lots of people use cash. when somebody writes me a check, I deposit it, then withdraw most it as soon as I can and do something useful with it, even if it means I just buy cases of toilet paper or motor oil with it just the savings from inflation are better than the returns a bank account of cd will earn on it. Only morons use plastic.

Heads up for dumbasses: Just because your bank has that nice lil FDIC sticker on the door doesn't mean they kept paying the premiums on that insurance and you'll get your money back when the bank fails, and you'll wait years to get it back even if they are really insured.

:lmao:

You're investing in TOILET PAPER and you presume to give me financial advice?

:lmao:

You're investing in TOILET PAPER and you presume to give me financial advice?

If you want to keep being a silly blonde idiot, I don't mind; you're not my kid so I'm not responsible for your lack of brains and dumbassery..

New Topics

Forum List

Back