Supreme Court refuses to hear Gay marriage appeal

Telling in that they refused to overturn a law allowing gay marriage?

I am a bit confused here considering you past anti gay stance, can you clairify for me?

Last edited:
yes... and no.

it's interesting. but it isn't necessarily an indication of what they will do when getting the california case (which I think they will take assuming they find standing).

a state can always grant rights greater than the constitution provides. there wouldn't be any reason for the high court to address it.

it might, however, address whether the constitution REQUIRES that gays be allowed to marry.

I know where I believe they *should* come down, but that doesn't mean they will

I am a bit confused here considering you past anti gay stance, can you clairify for me?

See Jillian's post. I am only opposed to Marriage not civil Unions. Further I am opposed to Judges throwing out the wishes of an entire State simple because of Judicial activism.

I would hope that the California case is different from the DC case but I suspect it may not be seen that way by the Court.

See Jillian's post. I am only opposed to Marriage not civil Unions. Further I am opposed to Judges throwing out the wishes of an entire State simple because of Judicial activism.

I would hope that the California case is different from the DC case but I suspect it may not be seen that way by the Court.

Marriages recognized by governments are civil unions. :rofl:

The Courts routinely reject wishes of the mob...it is their job. :eek:

Marriage may have a meaning to you personally, but no one gives a fuck what your personal opinions are...when the state gets to recognize who is married or not.

Marriages recognized by governments are civil unions. :rofl:

The Courts routinely reject wishes of the mob...it is their job. :eek:

Marriage may have a meaning to you personally, but no one gives a fuck what your personal opinions are...when the state gets to recognize who is married or not.

I'm in favor of gay marriage and all, but give me a break-you know damn well what RetiredGySgt meant by civil unions.

Which for the record I think should be the first step. Get that done and settled, let it sink in a while-then go for title. I think getting civil unions to be legalized is more realistic in the meantime, and would grant gays equal rights as those to heterosexual couples (they just don't get the title of "marriage").

civil unions, marriage all the same to me.
I just do not think that gays should be deprived the joys of divorce.

I have no problems with gay marriage. Hell, let them suffer like the rest of us. :lol:

Having said that I don't see why anyone would want the government to interfere with the private lives and decisions of adult citizens. It's none of the governments damn business!! Or even narrow minded bigots for that matter.

I have no problems with gay marriage. Hell, let them suffer like the rest of us. :lol:

Having said that I don't see why anyone would want the government to interfere with the private lives and decisions of adult citizens. It's none of the governments damn business!! Or even narrow minded bigots for that matter.

Marriage allows for laws that control inheritance, property rights, income, child support, and a host of other family issues. A Civil Union does the same thing.

My personal opinion is that if the Government is going to mandate Gay Marriages that the Government get out of Marriage all together. Marriage will become a Religious thing and EVERYONE will get civil unions from the Government.

Marriage allows for laws that control inheritance, property rights, income, child support, and a host of other family issues. A Civil Union does the same thing.

My personal opinion is that if the Government is going to mandate Gay Marriages that the Government get out of Marriage all together. Marriage will become a Religious thing and EVERYONE will get civil unions from the Government.

Again......what Fred and Tom (or Lucy and Barb) do is none of your affair.

And the government is not "mandating" anything. They are simply recognizing.

FYI- Marriage is a religous sacrament. Nothing more. There are even churches and ministers that will perform them w/o the added legal filing. They perform these ceremonies for Senior Citizens on a regular basis.

FYI- Marriage is a religous sacrament. Nothing more. There are even churches and ministers that will perform them w/o the added legal filing. They perform these ceremonies for Senior Citizens on a regular basis.

Hate to break your moronic little bubble But even if you go to a Justice of the Peace just about EVERY State calls that a MARRIAGE. Getting the license to MARRY, that is what the form is normally called.

Hate to break your moronic little bubble But even if you go to a Justice of the Peace just about EVERY State calls that a MARRIAGE. Getting the license to MARRY, that is what the form is normally called.

Sorry, but a marriage certificate means nothing legally unless it is accompanied by a license. So if you believe that people cannot marry without a license is wrong. People can and do.

Marriage is a RELIGIOUS Sacrement, NOT a contract. | Gather

And again. What two adults choose to do as far as getting married is NONE of anyone elses business. People should just leave them alone and stop trying to dictate their morals on someone else.

Another Civics lesson for you.... GUESS WHAT? Every Society dictates acceptable morals on all its citizens, via laws, regulations and acceptable behavior.

Sorry, but a marriage certificate means nothing legally unless it is accompanied by a license. So if you believe that people cannot marry without a license is wrong. People can and do.

Marriage is a RELIGIOUS Sacrement, NOT a contract. | Gather

And again. What two adults choose to do as far as getting married is NONE of anyone elses business. People should just leave them alone and stop trying to dictate their morals on someone else.

By the way can I assume the following?

You have no problem with 2 ADULT consenting partners that happen to be related to each other?

How about 3 adults? 4? 5?

Forum List

Back