Supreme Court Refuses To Halt Birth Control Mandate

why is it the employers business what an insurance company covers ALREADY as part of its coverage?

It is the COMPANY that spends the manhours, overhead of HR, etc to not only research the plans, keep correspondence, etc.. but it is also the company that pays for the majority of the healthcare insurance benefit.. and if they feel that they do not want to pay for BC, then that is fine and on them.. they may not get the employees they want, but so be it.. but that right or freedom should not be taken away from them when if the individual wants BC, all they have to do is pay for it... just like I had to pay for a dental implant because it was not covered or because I had to pay for a more cosmetic procedure because of the lesser coverage option chosen by my employer... I do not get to force them to provide more coverage than they are willing to provide

that isn't correct. the company has nothing whatsoever to do with processing claims.

right or freedom to do what? keep women from using birth control? and then denying them abortions? or assistance?

all i have to say is...what 'freedom'? the freedom to make a woman have to beg her employer to ALLOW the INSURANCE COMPANY to provide coverage they're ALREADY PAID FOR?

to humiliate women?

which is really what we're talking about.

That's right Jillian, it's all about humiliating slutty-assed, tramp-stamped women who can't control their hormonal impulses enough to make sure she's taken her birth control pill prior to hopping in the sack with her latest boytoy, or AT LEAST making sure Mr. Rent-a-Cock wraps his tool with a Trojan prior to popping that load of baby batter into that fishy smelling gash the slutbag hasn't douched recently.

You stupid bitch, this isn't about contraception, this is about abortifacients, and providing money/coverage that effectively KILLS life AFTER conception.

You can return to being a dishonest whore now, and have fun with it.

The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal to temporarily block the Obama administration’s contraception mandate while the courts work through the case.

In a four-page opinion issued late Wednesday, Justice Sonia Sotomayor declared that the Hobby Lobby and Mardel, two retail outlets suing to block the requirement, do not meet the high standard for emergency injunctive relief.

“Applicants do not satisfy the demanding standard for the extraordinary relief they seek,” wrote Sotomayor, the justice primarily responsible for cases in the Tenth Circuit where it’s pending. She reasoned that the plaintiffs’ right to immediate relief is not “indisputably clear” and that they cannot demonstrate the necessity of an injunction.

Hobby Lobby and Mardel charge that the administration’s rule under the Affordable Care Act that employer health plans cover female contraception — or pay fines starting in 2013 — violates their religious liberty protected by the First Amendment and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Dozens of other religious organizations are suing for the same reason.

Does Hobby Lobby give a paid maternity leave??

This Hobby Lobby asshole is as 'Christian' as Bin Laden.

Thank you, President Obama, for appointing a great justice to SCOTUS.

WTF the earth needs to be cleansed from trash like you.

Patience Reb, all in God's time...

This administration is gradually shredding our Freedoms and the country apart

nice job

Not really.

I don't want my access to health care limited because my employer is a superstitious idiot.

Neither do you, I would suspect. I think you'd be really upset if you found out you couldn't get a blood transfusion because your employer is a Jehovah's Witless.

That's right Jillian, it's all about humiliating slutty-assed, tramp-stamped women who can't control their hormonal impulses enough to make sure she's taken her birth control pill prior to hopping in the sack with her latest boytoy, or AT LEAST making sure Mr. Rent-a-Cock wraps his tool with a Trojan prior to popping that load of baby batter into that fishy smelling gash the slutbag hasn't douched recently.

You stupid bitch, this isn't about contraception, this is about abortifacients, and providing money/coverage that effectively KILLS life AFTER conception.

You can return to being a dishonest whore now, and have fun with it

Hey, everyone, I want to someone to tell me that there isn't a "War on Women" from the crazy right wing after this statement.

Hey, everyone, I want to someone to tell me that there isn't a "War on Women" from the crazy right wing after this statement.

You must have your 'Official Bill Maher-type Sarcasm Detector' turned off today, Joe...

You must have your 'Official Bill Maher-type Sarcasm Detector' turned off today, Joe...

Not at all, guy, I think your statement kind of speaks for itself.

You know, women didn't like hearing this kind of shit, which is why they voted for Obama, right?

You know, women didn't like hearing this kind of shit, which is why they voted for Obama, right?

You know I really couldn't care less, right?

It's funny that you leftist asswipes keep trying to redefine the parameters of the subject from abortifacients to birth control, when you know that nobody is even arguing over birth control. You fucks just want to worm your way 'forward', forcing EVERYONE to participate in your death worship, REGARDLESS of what their religious beliefs are.

You are control freaks, and that's not a good thing.

You know I really couldn't care less, right?

It's funny that you leftist asswipes keep trying to redefine the parameters of the subject from abortifacients to birth control, when you know that nobody is even arguing over birth control. You fucks just want to worm your way 'forward', forcing EVERYONE to participate in your death worship, REGARDLESS of what their religious beliefs are.

You are control freaks, and that's not a good thing.

First, teh Catholic Church and other groups are arguing against ALL birth control, not just the Morning After pill.

Second, this isn't about religious beliefs, it's about contract law. If you are giving health coverage as part of the compensation package, then it SHOULD include family planning, if that is required.

Me, I'd rather have single payer and get the employers and private insurers out of the picture altogether.

I agree that employers shouldn't have a thing to do with health insurance.

I think people should pay for their own health care, and not expect to be ENTITLED to it from employers OR the government.

And you do realize that company paid health insurance began as a bonus, a perk, an EXTRA that in NO WAY made it a part of an employee's paid compensation. The fact that it's been around long enough for idiots to forget that underlying fact doesn't change the truth of it in the least.

This latest 'uproar' is nothing more than a means of allowing government to embed itself even more deeply into the world of PRIVATE business.

It is the COMPANY that spends the manhours, overhead of HR, etc to not only research the plans, keep correspondence, etc.. but it is also the company that pays for the majority of the healthcare insurance benefit.. and if they feel that they do not want to pay for BC, then that is fine and on them.. they may not get the employees they want, but so be it.. but that right or freedom should not be taken away from them when if the individual wants BC, all they have to do is pay for it... just like I had to pay for a dental implant because it was not covered or because I had to pay for a more cosmetic procedure because of the lesser coverage option chosen by my employer... I do not get to force them to provide more coverage than they are willing to provide

that isn't correct. the company has nothing whatsoever to do with processing claims.

right or freedom to do what? keep women from using birth control? and then denying them abortions? or assistance?

all i have to say is...what 'freedom'? the freedom to make a woman have to beg her employer to ALLOW the INSURANCE COMPANY to provide coverage they're ALREADY PAID FOR?

to humiliate women?

which is really what we're talking about.

You can return to being a dishonest whore now, and have fun with it.
^Why Republicans lost the last election.

Does Hobby Lobby give a paid maternity leave??

Thank you, President Obama, for appointing a great justice to SCOTUS.

WTF the earth needs to be cleansed from trash like you.

Patience Reb, all in God's time...
^Why the Republicans will lose the next election.

I agree that employers shouldn't have a thing to do with health insurance.

I think people should pay for their own health care, and not expect to be ENTITLED to it from employers OR the government.

And you do realize that company paid health insurance began as a bonus, a perk, an EXTRA that in NO WAY made it a part of an employee's paid compensation. The fact that it's been around long enough for idiots to forget that underlying fact doesn't change the truth of it in the least.

This latest 'uproar' is nothing more than a means of allowing government to embed itself even more deeply into the world of PRIVATE business.

People do pay for their own health insurance when they get it from their employer or the government. They are either working for it or they paid taxes to get it. So that argument doesn't fly.

The problem with having individuals negotiate for health insurance is that anyone over 50 would be pretty much uninsurable.

Incidently, there was no real "uproar" until the Catholic Bishops started whining about it. they were all for ObamaCare when they realized that they'd get a windfall in their hospital business through additional payments and not being stiffed by poor people using their emergency rooms as the family doctor.

Then someone pointed out this little provision, and they realized their own hypocrisy.

Demonstrating your binary thinking again, Ravi?

I'm not a Republican, dumbass!

Doesn't matter. You're a rightwingloon and as such represent the nutters in the Republican party.

The ONLY person I represent is ME!

That 'herd mentality' of yours is one of the biggest reasons this nation is swirling the bowl.

Well, that's true, as crazy as the GOP has become, they haven't reached your level of insanity, yet.

Doesn't matter. You're a rightwingloon and as such represent the nutters in the Republican party.

That 'herd mentality' of yours is one of the biggest reasons this nation is swirling the bowl.

Well, that's true, as crazy as the GOP has become, they haven't reached your level of insanity, yet.

Yep, you moronic liberals have driven me completely around the bend.

I'm so insane because I want our government to operate WITHIN the confines of the Constitution, I want people to be responsible for themselves, I want parents to be responsible for their children, I want Democrats and Republicans alike to awaken from this nightmare 'Us versus Them' mentality and realize that it's ALL of us versus this leviathan government, I want Americans to remember JFK's call to "Ask not what your country can do for you..."

I admit, I've got to be batshit CRAZY!

Yep, you moronic liberals have driven me completely around the bend.

I'm so insane because I want our government to operate WITHIN the confines of the Constitution, I want people to be responsible for themselves, I want parents to be responsible for their children, I want Democrats and Republicans alike to awaken from this nightmare 'Us versus Them' mentality and realize that it's ALL of us versus this leviathan government, I want Americans to remember JFK's call to "Ask not what your country can do for you..."

I admit, I've got to be batshit CRAZY!

I'm glad you are recognizing you have a problem.

I'm a little bored with your fetish about the constitution. We really ought to scrap the whole thing and start over, the current mess in Washington should be proof of that.

Sorry, man, I want clean water and clean air and I don't want crazy people to have guns and I want to make sure that if people have worked hard all their lives, they aren't spending their golden years eating Alpo.

If we can do that under the constitution, fine. If we can't, I'll get the matches and we can start over.

Demonstrating your binary thinking again, Ravi?

I'm not a Republican, dumbass!

It isn't my herd mentality. Herd mentality is a fact of life. You represent nutters. And nutters lose elections. Deal.

It isn't my herd mentality. Herd mentality is a fact of life. You represent nutters. And nutters lose elections. Deal.

You don't even realize how stupid you look when you make such ASSumptions. Based on my Presidential voting record I'm anything BUT representative of Republicans. Since 1988, the first year I bothered with it, I've voted for a grand total of ONE Republican Presidential candidate, and he didn't win.

See how little you actually know?

Forum List

Back