Supreme Court Refuses To Halt Birth Control Mandate

the part that says, "Promote the general welfare".
Idiot.

dear fucking idiot,

you are not the one who is gets to deside what the constitution means
Dear moron, just because the supreme court was stacked with left wing control freaks when they decided Butler, does not make Madison's interpretation invalid. You dont know if I am a constututional lawyer, just like when you whined about me being a black man that isnt begging for help from the benevolent white libtard. What you can do is kiss my ass. I can interpret the constitution pretty well .

Last edited:

dear fucking idiot,

you are not the one who is gets to deside what the constitution means
Dear moron, just because the supreme court was stacked with left wing control freaks when they decided Butler, does not make Madison's interpretation invalid. You dont know if I am a constututional lawyer, just like when you whined about me being a black man that isnt begging for help from the benevolent white libtard. What you can do is kiss my ass. I can interpret the constitution pretty well .

Sure you can...

But the fact remains, the courts have found ObamaCare constitutional, so learn to deal with it.

Supreme Court Refuses To Halt Birth Control Mandate

The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal to temporarily block the Obama administration’s contraception mandate while the courts work through the case.

In a four-page opinion issued late Wednesday, Justice Sonia Sotomayor declared that the Hobby Lobby and Mardel, two retail outlets suing to block the requirement, do not meet the high standard for emergency injunctive relief.

“Applicants do not satisfy the demanding standard for the extraordinary relief they seek,” wrote Sotomayor, the justice primarily responsible for cases in the Tenth Circuit where it’s pending. She reasoned that the plaintiffs’ right to immediate relief is not “indisputably clear” and that they cannot demonstrate the necessity of an injunction.

Hobby Lobby and Mardel charge that the administration’s rule under the Affordable Care Act that employer health plans cover female contraception — or pay fines starting in 2013 — violates their religious liberty protected by the First Amendment and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Dozens of other religious organizations are suing for the same reason.

Does Hobby Lobby give a paid maternity leave??

This Hobby Lobby asshole is as 'Christian' as Bin Laden.

Thank you, President Obama, for appointing a great justice to SCOTUS.

This Hobby Lobby asshole is as 'Christian' as Bin Laden.

WTF the earth needs to be cleansed from trash like you.

This contraception debate feels like bashing my head agaisnt the wall, repeatedly.

The government regulates basic insurance coverage based on recommendations of experts, and no employer( who isn't a religious organization) should be allowed to opt out of parts of basic insurance.

What part of the Constitution gives the government the right to do that?

Now that, is a different debate.

I have much more respect for those whose opposition is "the government doesn't have the right to regulate basic insurance", rather than "make those whores buy their own birth control!"

Hobby Lobby should start closing stores and firing people. They can go to on line sales, move distribution centers out of the US. Otherwise they are as complicit in abortion as the abortion doctors themselves. Hobby Lobby is owned by one family. What they need to do is stop this asinine idea that they owe their employees anything. The corporate enterprise is not really one big family. There is no obligation to provide jobs to people.

It would be easier just to put everyone on a part time status.

Hobby Lobby should start closing stores and firing people. They can go to on line sales, move distribution centers out of the US. Otherwise they are as complicit in abortion as the abortion doctors themselves. Hobby Lobby is owned by one family. What they need to do is stop this asinine idea that they owe their employees anything. The corporate enterprise is not really one big family. There is no obligation to provide jobs to people.

For once I agree with you.

The Hobby Lobby should move out of the US.

I'd be happy to help them. The more enterprise that leaves the US the better. I'd like to see them ALL leave. Miles and miles of closed stores and empty malls.

I'd be happy to help them. The more enterprise that leaves the US the better. I'd like to see them ALL leave. Miles and miles of closed stores and empty malls.

Bring in the drama llama.

Years ago the grocery workers union had a strike in California. The union wanted the stores to pay for dependent insurance coverage. The stores said they would only pay for a portion of dependent coverage. Employee insurance would still be fully paid. The dispute was resolved by the stores agreeing to pay for full dependent coverage for full time permanent employees. The result was, everyone but key employees and floor managers were put on part time AND they never got to be permanent employees because they never got to fulfill the probationary period at one store. They shuttled around 90 days at any one store. The union was happy, they got what they wanted. The stores were happy because they were now paying less than they even had to pay before the strike. The only ones suffering were the employees.

Years ago the grocery workers union had a strike in California. The union wanted the stores to pay for dependent insurance coverage. The stores said they would only pay for a portion of dependent coverage. Employee insurance would still be fully paid. The dispute was resolved by the stores agreeing to pay for full dependent coverage for full time permanent employees. The result was, everyone but key employees and floor managers were put on part time AND they never got to be permanent employees because they never got to fulfill the probationary period at one store. They shuttled around 90 days at any one store. The union was happy, they got what they wanted. The stores were happy because they were now paying less than they even had to pay before the strike. The only ones suffering were the employees.

I get that, but Sotomyor is right, Hobby Lobby isn't a religious entity, it's a business owned by Christians just as is Chick Fil A. They don't qualify for exemptions so their next best bet is part time employees.

Wow, you are really bitter you lost the election, aren't you?

I get that, but Sotomyor is right, Hobby Lobby isn't a religious entity, it's a business owned by Christians just as is Chick Fil A. They don't qualify for exemptions so their next best bet is part time employees.

Nothing like forcing your mythological beliefs on another person who just wants an lousy 8 hr shift at you store.

Part-timers? Unreliable, fast turn over. Training expenses go up. Angry customers go to Michaels.

Yeah, they should listen to you.

And why would an employee be able to force an employer to contribute directly for something that is against theirs?? Especially when they can buy a box of condoms themselves or simply pay for the other BC methods also with their own fucking earnings??

Their insurance is a component of their earnings.

Correct.

To be used as employees see fit, free from their employer’s interference.

Wow, you are really bitter you lost the election, aren't you?

she's one of the most butthurt cons on the board. Apparently elections are always supposed to result in people she wants to be elected. :cuckoo: Anything else is unacceptable.

Why would a corporation be allowed to force their employees to follow the employer's religious belief.

Thanks for posting this, I will never shop at Hobby Lobby.

Of course a corooration shojld be able to hire only people who believe in their religion. But that isnt what honby lobby is trying to do

Why would a corporation be allowed to force their employees to follow the employer's religious belief.

Thanks for posting this, I will never shop at Hobby Lobby.

And why would an employee be able to force an employer to contribute directly for something that is against theirs?? Especially when they can buy a box of condoms themselves or simply pay for the other BC methods also with their own fucking earnings??

why is it the employers business what an insurance company covers ALREADY as part of its coverage?

Because it's the employer's money paying for it??"

This administration is gradually shredding our Freedoms and the country apart

nice job

Forum List

Back