Supreme Court Refuses To Halt Birth Control Mandate

And why would an employee be able to force an employer to contribute directly for something that is against theirs?? Especially when they can buy a box of condoms themselves or simply pay for the other BC methods also with their own fucking earnings??

why is it the employers business what an insurance company covers ALREADY as part of its coverage?

It is the COMPANY that spends the manhours, overhead of HR, etc to not only research the plans, keep correspondence, etc.. but it is also the company that pays for the majority of the healthcare insurance benefit.. and if they feel that they do not want to pay for BC, then that is fine and on them.. they may not get the employees they want, but so be it.. but that right or freedom should not be taken away from them when if the individual wants BC, all they have to do is pay for it... just like I had to pay for a dental implant because it was not covered or because I had to pay for a more cosmetic procedure because of the lesser coverage option chosen by my employer... I do not get to force them to provide more coverage than they are willing to provide

that isn't correct. the company has nothing whatsoever to do with processing claims.

right or freedom to do what? keep women from using birth control? and then denying them abortions? or assistance?

all i have to say is...what 'freedom'? the freedom to make a woman have to beg her employer to ALLOW the INSURANCE COMPANY to provide coverage they're ALREADY PAID FOR?

to humiliate women?

which is really what we're talking about.

why is it the employers business what an insurance company covers ALREADY as part of its coverage?

It is the COMPANY that spends the manhours, overhead of HR, etc to not only research the plans, keep correspondence, etc.. but it is also the company that pays for the majority of the healthcare insurance benefit.. and if they feel that they do not want to pay for BC, then that is fine and on them.. they may not get the employees they want, but so be it.. but that right or freedom should not be taken away from them when if the individual wants BC, all they have to do is pay for it... just like I had to pay for a dental implant because it was not covered or because I had to pay for a more cosmetic procedure because of the lesser coverage option chosen by my employer... I do not get to force them to provide more coverage than they are willing to provide

that isn't correct. the company has nothing whatsoever to do with processing claims.

right or freedom to do what? keep women from using birth control? and then denying them abortions? or assistance?

all i have to say is...what 'freedom'? the freedom to make a woman have to beg her employer to ALLOW the INSURANCE COMPANY to provide coverage they're ALREADY PAID FOR?

to humiliate women?

which is really what we're talking about.

I did not say processing claims.. nice try, but you're better than that Jill

Nobody is keeping women from buying it... they can still go and buy whatever sort they wish.. but the company should not be forced to pay up front for something they do not believe in... what you do with your wage after you earn it is on you... it is no different than a company unwilling to buy pork for a company paid meal, but you are more than free to go buy it yourself

The policy bought by the company is what the company agrees to.. even if other policies are offered or used by other companies... if the company wishes to only buy a policy without a BC option, so be it.. if they want a policy that does not pay for contact lenses, so be it.. nothing is stopping you from buying it yourself or going to work at a place that does offer it as a benefit

Supreme Court Refuses To Halt Birth Control Mandate

The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal to temporarily block the Obama administration’s contraception mandate while the courts work through the case.

In a four-page opinion issued late Wednesday, Justice Sonia Sotomayor declared that the Hobby Lobby and Mardel, two retail outlets suing to block the requirement, do not meet the high standard for emergency injunctive relief.

“Applicants do not satisfy the demanding standard for the extraordinary relief they seek,” wrote Sotomayor, the justice primarily responsible for cases in the Tenth Circuit where it’s pending. She reasoned that the plaintiffs’ right to immediate relief is not “indisputably clear” and that they cannot demonstrate the necessity of an injunction.

Hobby Lobby and Mardel charge that the administration’s rule under the Affordable Care Act that employer health plans cover female contraception — or pay fines starting in 2013 — violates their religious liberty protected by the First Amendment and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Dozens of other religious organizations are suing for the same reason.

Does Hobby Lobby give a paid maternity leave??

This Hobby Lobby asshole is as 'Christian' as Bin Laden.

Thank you, President Obama, for appointing a great justice to SCOTUS.
Consistently an idiot.

Hobby Lobby should start closing stores and firing people. They can go to on line sales, move distribution centers out of the US. Otherwise they are as complicit in abortion as the abortion doctors themselves. Hobby Lobby is owned by one family. What they need to do is stop this asinine idea that they owe their employees anything. The corporate enterprise is not really one big family. There is no obligation to provide jobs to people.

Yeah! Bring back slave labor! Fuck "employees", we need slaves!

You think you are adding to the discussion by being fecious and making fun of Republicans.. Lets add something productive.. here ill give it a try..

We shouldnt combine healthcare with our employers, it just doesnt make any sense. We dont combine our car insurance through our employers. If we bought our own private health insurance with the money replaced in our paycheck, we would avoud these silly issues..
Was that, that hard?

Exactly. Unfortunately we have moved more toward employer covered health insurance instead of away from it.

Hobby Lobby and Mardel charge that the administration’s rule under the Affordable Care Act that employer health plans cover female contraception — or pay fines starting in 2013 — violates their religious liberty protected by the First Amendment and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
Nonsense.

Employer contributions to employees’ health insurance premiums are a form of compensation, like a wage/salary, annual leave, or comp; just as an employer may not dictate to an employee how to spend his paycheck, so too is an employer in no position to dictate how an employee may use his health insurance compensation.

Moreover, what is or isn’t provided in an employee’s health insurance coverage is a matter between the insured and insurer only, it’s of no business of the employer whatsoever.

Last, how the employee uses his health insurance compensation in no way interferes with how the employer practices his religion, nor do the actions privately conducted by the employee in the context of his confidential relationship with his health insurance provider violate any religious tenets of the employer. Consequently, there is no Free Exercise Clause violation by the state when it prohibits the employer from interfering with what services are provided by the health insurance company to the employee. The employer is not being compelled to use contraception, take a morning after pill, or have an abortion.

This is solely about the politics of religion, having nothing to do with the First Amendment or religion itself.

Explained above.. if the employer, for example, does not want to buy pork when they subsidize lunches on site because of their religious beliefs.... you don't get to scream and make them buy pork.. but there is nothing stopping you from going to the grocery store and buying every pork chop on the shelf... even though you are buying it with your earnings...

Explained above.. if the employer, for example, does not want to buy pork when they subsidize lunches on site because of their religious beliefs.... you don't get to scream and make them buy pork.. but there is nothing stopping you from going to the grocery store and buying every pork chop on the shelf... even though you are buying it with your earnings...

Pork isn't used to treat ovarian cysts, fibroids, and other female medical issues.

In other words, false analogy.

Why would a corporation be allowed to force their employees to follow the employer's religious belief.

Thanks for posting this, I will never shop at Hobby Lobby.

And why would an employee be able to force an employer to contribute directly for something that is against theirs?? Especially when they can buy a box of condoms themselves or simply pay for the other BC methods also with their own fucking earnings??

Exactly. I am in the process of providing insurance for my employees. I don't give a fuck what they spend it on. Well, unless they are Republicans trying to get a life saving procedure covered, of course.

Why would a corporation be allowed to force their employees to follow the employer's religious belief.

Not paying for your birth control is no more forcing their beliefs on you than not giving you crack cocaine is.

Hi retard. You ran away twice when I showed you that the idiot nutter Republican politician brought the abortion/rape question on himself. Your opinion on this is about as valid as the opinion of an ant on the daily doings of an ape.

Pork isn't used to treat ovarian cysts, fibroids, and other female medical issues.

In other words, false analogy.

Yeah... pork can only be used to sustain life... you know.. the most basic of needs.. FOOD

In other words, go kill yourself troll.. and do the world a favor

Exactly.

Its OP's like this that make me realise how few rights the worker has in the US. Australia is an employees paradise compared to the States. Its shameful.

This contraception debate feels like bashing my head agaisnt the wall, repeatedly.

The government regulates basic insurance coverage based on recommendations of experts, and no employer( who isn't a religious organization) should be allowed to opt out of parts of basic insurance.

What part of the Constitution gives the government the right to do that?

This contraception debate feels like bashing my head agaisnt the wall, repeatedly.

The government regulates basic insurance coverage based on recommendations of experts, and no employer( who isn't a religious organization) should be allowed to opt out of parts of basic insurance.

Cant find it either. Because once again, its her opinión only. There is nothing in there that says anything close to that.

Hobby Lobby should start closing stores and firing people. They can go to on line sales, move distribution centers out of the US. Otherwise they are as complicit in abortion as the abortion doctors themselves. Hobby Lobby is owned by one family. What they need to do is stop this asinine idea that they owe their employees anything. The corporate enterprise is not really one big family. There is no obligation to provide jobs to people.

Wonderful idea. That way, they can lose their business that much faster, and people who treat their employees humanely will take up their business.

Maybe there should be an obligation to provide jobs to people. Maybe if we did that instead of worrying about one rich family and their relationship with their invisible friend in the sky, we'd have a better country.

the part that says, "Promote the general welfare".

Spoken like a true Republican :clap2:

Yeah! Bring back slave labor! Fuck "employees", we need slaves!

You think you are adding to the discussion by being fecious and making fun of Republicans.. Lets add something productive.. here ill give it a try..

We shouldnt combine healthcare with our employers, it just doesnt make any sense. We dont combine our car insurance through our employers. If we bought our own private health insurance with the money replaced in our paycheck, we would avoud these silly issues..
Was that, that hard?

You do realize that private health insurance is completely unaffordable to most working people, don't you? The real answer is to nationalize the health care system.

Ni

the part that says, "Promote the general welfare".
Idiot.

so if a religion doesnt use ANY medical care and only depends on prayer to heal them they can refuse health care to their employees on that basis.

what a completely insane idea

Forum List

Back