Supreme Court looks likely to back Trump administration on adding citizenship question to 2020 censu

Supreme Court looks likely to back Trump administration on adding citizenship question to 2020 census

I was never given the opportunity to fill out a Census Card but carried the Geneva Convention Card in Vietnam.

If the citizenship question gets added to the census, Democrats will tell illegal immigrants that they should lie when they answer the question, but Democrats know that many illegals won't get the word and/or won't lie when they answer the question. That's why Democrats are so upset about the inclusion of this common-sense question on the census. You see, U.S. House districts are apportioned by population, and if many illegals answer that question truthfully, they will not be counted when districts are apportioned.

Last edited:
If the citizenship question gets added to the census, Democrats will tell illegal immigrants that they should lie when they answer the question, but Democrats know that many illegals won't get the word and/or won't lie when they answer the question. That's why Democrats are so upset about the inclusion of this common-sense question on the census. You see, U.S. House districts are apportioned by population, and if many illegals answer that question truthfully, they will not be counted when districts are apportioned.
Actually, they can simply not answer the question. There is no requirement to answer all the questions for the census.

Oddly enough, they will still count towards the counts for the US House districts...

Congressional Apportionment - Frequently Asked Questions - People and Households - U.S. Census Bureau

Are undocumented residents (aliens) in the 50 states included in the apportionment population counts? back to top

Yes, all people (citizens and noncitizens) with a usual residence in the 50 states are to be included in the census and thus in the apportionment counts.

Oddly enough, they will still count towards the counts for the US House districts...

Congressional Apportionment - Frequently Asked Questions - People and Households - U.S. Census Bureau

Are undocumented residents (aliens) in the 50 states included in the apportionment population counts? back to top

Yes, all people (citizens and noncitizens) with a usual residence in the 50 states are to be included in the census and thus in the apportionment counts.
i can understand the count in regard to living here but why towards appointment? mindset of people being people regardless and needs per area given people, not citizens?

i can understand the count in regard to living here but why towards appointment? mindset of people being people regardless and needs per area given people, not citizens?

I am not sure, I guess it is the idea that they are still affected by the laws written in DC. I was not aware it was the case till I looked this morning. This makes the hissy fit the Dems are throwing even more confusing.

I am not sure, I guess it is the idea that they are still affected by the laws written in DC. I was not aware it was the case till I looked this morning. This makes the hissy fit the Dems are throwing even more confusing.
i've given up trying to figure out their latest reason to be all "hissy".

trump + president = batshit crazy dems.

Same reason why i believe terrorists, serial killers and rapists should vote when they are behind bars. Because they are affected by laws.

Same reason why i believe terrorists, serial killers and rapists should vote when they are behind bars. Because they are affected by laws.
well they're being punished by the laws so that would stand to reason they would want to change them. :)

sorry - you lose rights when in prison. in looking at the bill of rights most are gone or don't apply. freedom of religion i believe they can keep cause thats private and only affects them.

Many will not fill out the census at all and go uncounted out of fear.

I have no problem with people getting their voting rights back after they pay their debt to society, but not during. As Ice pointed out, they lose many rights while in prison, voting is just one of many

well they're being punished by the laws so that would stand to reason they would want to change them. :)

sorry - you lose rights when in prison. in looking at the bill of rights most are gone or don't apply. freedom of religion i believe they can keep cause thats private and only affects them.
I agree. I was just being facetious.
I just think its bullshit the way we treat illegals.

I have no problem with people getting their voting rights back after they pay their debt to society, but not during. As Ice pointed out, they lose many rights while in prison, voting is just one of many
You support a violent offender getting gun rights back?

agreed. time served, work to restore as much as you can. if any rights are still "lost" then it's set out upon release with what would be needed (if possible) to restore them. just being open to conditions, no real condition in mind.

well he said voting, nothing about guns. :")

Many will not fill out the census at all and go uncounted out of fear.

Or they will lie, or they will leave it blank.

personally I am ok if it keeps people from responding, they should not be counted towards congress anyhow.

well he said voting, nothing about guns. :")
I know, thats why i asked a question lol.

That's a good question for Bernie!!

Actually yes. I think the 2nd amendment is one of the most fundamental rights we have. If someone has served their time and has been deemed no longer a threat to society, then why do we keep punishing them?

Forum List

Back