Supreme Court Gives Go-Ahead To Trump

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
Excellent.

The impeachment nonsense seems to be adding a certain impetus to his winning. :113:

The U.S. Supreme Court gave the go-ahead on Monday for one of President Donald Trump’s hardline immigration policies, allowing his administration to implement a rule denying legal permanent residency to certain immigrants deemed likely to require government assistance in the future.

Supreme Court Gives Go-Ahead To Trump 'Public Charge' Immigration Curb | HuffPost

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court issued an order Monday allowing the Trump administration to begin enforcing new limits on immigrants who are considered likely to become overly dependent on government benefit programs.

The court voted 5-4. Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan said they would have left a lower court ruling in place that blocked enforcement while a legal challenge works its way through the courts.

The Department of Homeland Security announced in August that it would expand the definition of "public charge," to be applied to people whose immigration to the United States could be denied because of a concern that they would primarily depend on the government for their income.

In the past, that was largely based on an assessment that an immigrant would be dependent upon cash benefits. But the Trump administration proposed to broaden the definition to include noncash benefits, such as Medicaid, supplemental nutrition and federal housing assistance.

Anyone who would be likely to require that broader range of help for more than 12 months in any three-year period would be swept into the expanded definition.

In 5-4 ruling, Supreme Court allows Trump plan to deny green cards to those who may need gov't aid

No more welfare for immigrants. Thanks to Trump, if you want to come here, be prepared to demonstrate you won't be a liability to the citizens of our country. You have to show an ability to support yourself and perhaps your family.

Government dependency reduced, and more savings for taxpayers. When Trump wins, America wins.

So much winning.

I want one leftist tell me that this is something Hillary would have done if she were in charge now. No possible way. the cost of our social programs would continue to bankrupt the country. Under Trump, we not only have less American dependents costing us less money, but now we won't have to support foreigners either.

So much winning.

I want one leftist tell me that this is something Hillary would have done if she were in charge now. No possible way. the cost of our social programs would continue to bankrupt the country. Under Trump, we not only have less American dependents costing us less money, but now we won't have to support foreigners either.
To Democrats dependence upon government is a feature, not a bug.

The GOP doesn't fight back very often, but fucking over the marxist Dims on the merrick garland thing is one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. That's why we got the win today.

It’s common sense. You don’t import people into our country who can’t take care of them selves

Australia does it. You have to prove you can actually add to their economy and provide for yourself.

Forum List

Back