Supreme Court Denies Freedom of Association

They can always choose not except funding from student fees and associate freely with only those they wish too. Sounds pretty simple.

Not so.

The group could not receive 'recognition' as a campus club without acquiescing to the politically correct straight jacket...

"The Supreme Court ruled today, 5-to-4, that public colleges and universities may require religious organizations seeking recognition or funds as campus groups to comply with anti-bias rules."
Sign In

I believe groups should be able to deny or accept whomever they want in their own circle. For the Supreme Court to even be involved in this seems a bit 1984ish to me. Of course I can also see that some groups are total idiots and need to be (shall we say) watched carefully.

NOT when state and/or Federal funding is involved....

Then explain to me why the Congressional Black Caucus is allowed to deny whites entry into their caucus. If a school cannot deny gays, then surely blacks should not be able to deny whites.

I believe groups should be able to deny or accept whomever they want in their own circle. For the Supreme Court to even be involved in this seems a bit 1984ish to me. Of course I can also see that some groups are total idiots and need to be (shall we say) watched carefully.

NOT when state and/or Federal funding is involved....

Then explain to me why the Congressional Black Caucus is allowed to deny whites entry into their caucus. If a school cannot deny gays, then surely blacks should not be able to deny whites.

Because it is a private organization?:eusa_eh:

Not by a long shot. All of them receive federal funding and you know it.

As individuals, they are all paid by tax dollars for serving their country. As an organization, the CBC is a private entity. Are you always this obtuse?

They can always choose not except funding from student fees and associate freely with only those they wish too. Sounds pretty simple.

Not so.

The group could not receive 'recognition' as a campus club without acquiescing to the politically correct straight jacket...

"The Supreme Court ruled today, 5-to-4, that public colleges and universities may require religious organizations seeking recognition or funds as campus groups to comply with anti-bias rules."
Sign In

Like I said: can always choose not except funding from student fees and associate freely with only those they wish too.

Your statement changes none of that.

The school has a perfect right to prohibit discrimination where federal money or student fees are involved.

Now, I'm curious - can anyone (Mr. Fitnah?) show that Musliim only student organizations are exempt from this? I sense an implication that only Christians are maligned.

As individuals, they are all paid by tax dollars for serving their country. As an organization, the CBC is a private entity. Are you always this obtuse?

No they are not. They operate within the confines of congress. and you know it. The vote on the laws that affect every single American while pushing the agenda of "black" people. That's discrimination in it's purest form.

I'll bet muslims can still have muslim only groups .
Even though Islam calls for the death of all non muslims or maybe because of that.

Actually, no. If you look at the school's student organizations page, you can view the bylaws of all the recognized clubs and groups. The La Raza group and the Jewish group as well as the Ballroom Dancing and Cycling club are open to all full time students regardless of sex, race, religion, etc. in compliance with the Policies and Regulations Applying to College Activities, Organizations and Students.

Student Organizations

No they are not. They operate within the confines of congress. and you know it. The vote on the laws that affect every single American while pushing the agenda of "black" people. That's discrimination in it's purest form.

The ORGANIZATION...that YOU mentioned is NOT paid for by any public funds. I cannot believe I am attempting to drive home an obvious point with someone too stupid to see it.

Sorry, Yank, but Willow nailed you. At some point the intelligent on the left will look in the mirror and realize how they have been hypnotized and manipulated.

It is not discrimination that is decried in politically correct America...progressive America.

It is discrimination of certain protected and valued groups only.

Attack of Christians gets you a pat on the head...

Jews and Asians are not considered for 'diversity' calculations...

And the most obvious: open season on white folks:

a. Seattle Public Schools website: “Cultural Racism:
Those aspects of society that overtly and covertly attribute value and normality to white people and Whiteness, and devalue, stereotype, and label people of color as “other”, different, less than, or render them invisible. Examples of these norms include defining white skin tones as nude or flesh colored, having a future time orientation, emphasizing individualism as opposed to a more collective ideology, defining one form of English as standard, and identifying only Whites as great writers or composers” . Seattle Public Schools*|*Definitions of Race

b. From the same source: “According to the district's official Web site, "having a future time orientation" (academese for having long-term goals) is among the "aspects of society that overtly and covertly attribute value and normality to white people and Whiteness, and devalue, stereotype and label people of color." Planning ahead is considered racist?

c. Dinesh D'Souza's The End of Racism: The famed liberal social scientist Andrew Hacker argues that blacks fail academically because "historically white" colleges "are white… in logic and learning, in their conceptions of scholarly knowledge and demeanor."

d. Afrocentricity is a term coined by Temple University professor Molefi Asante. Asante believes the educational system in the U.S. promotes white supremacy because it focuses primarily on the achievement of white men in American history and examines and reveres only the contributions of white Europeans over the centuries. Molefi Asante On Afrocentricity

e…Rev. Jeremiah Wright, has defended himself against charges of anti-Americanism and racism by referring to his foundational philosophy, the "black liberation theology" of scholars such as James Cone, who regard Jesus Christ as a "black messiah" and blacks as "the chosen people" who will only accept a god who assists their aim of destroying the "white enemy." Obama pastor's theology: Destroy 'the white enemy'

f. The minister chosen by President Obama upon the occasion of his inauguration:
The Associated Press noticed liberal Rev. Joseph Lowery's prayer raised eyebrows when he prayed for that day in the hazy future when "white will embrace what is right." That divisive note drew this headline: "Lowery gives sole inaugural note of racial caution." The entire dispatch was brief "When yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white.” http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gr...-mockery-whites-not-right-note-racial-caution

g. On Page 293 of my edition of "Dreams for My Father," Obama recounts Wright's "The Audacity of Hope" sermon.
Obama quotes this passage:
"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks’ greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere…That’s the world! On which hope sits!" Ben Smith's Blog - Politico.com “It's at the quotidian core of the Afrocentric philosophy that Obama says drew him to the church But the Senator should have spoken up publicly against the semi-paranoid "white greed" explanation a long time ago, no?” The first Wright sermon Obama heard. ... - By Mickey Kaus - Slate Magazine

h. The Financial Times reports that Brazil’s President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva blames white people for the global economic crisis. Specifically, “white people with blue eyes” and according to FT, he said "it was wrong that black and indigenous people should pay for white people’s mistakes." According to the FT, da Silva told reporters: “This crisis was caused by the irrational behaviour of white people with blue eyes, who before the crisis appeared to know everything and now demonstrate that they know nothing.”
Brazil’s President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva blames Whitey for the troubles - Monsters and Critics

Shortly after: "That's my man right here," President Obama said this morning at the G-20 summit as Brazil President Luiz Inacio Lula de Silva approached him. "Love this guy. He's the most popular politician on earth. It's because of his good looks." The Significance of President Obama Praising Lula's "Good Looks" - Political Punch

The ORGANIZATION...that YOU mentioned is NOT paid for by any public funds. I cannot believe I am attempting to drive home an obvious point with someone too stupid to see it.

I don't see it cause it isn't accurate.

It is not a private organization..

they are paid by taxpayer funding so they are in fact government funded.

Congressional caucus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't make people do your homework for you. Quit spouting stuff like you know what you are talking about when you clearly don't.

About CBCF-The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc.

The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. (CBCF) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy, research and educational institute that aims to help improve the socioeconomic circumstances of African Americans and other underserved communities.........

............CBCF programs are supported by fundraising events and the generous support of our corporate partners. To better expand and sustain its research efforts, and to enhance its leadership education programs, CBCF is establishing a multi-million-dollar endowment to provide support for its efforts not just for one year, or even one generation, but also in perpetuity.

The Court is wrong because there is nothing stopping Campuses from recognizing Christian groups that either accept or deny gay applicants. A school denying recognition of a student organization based on discrimination is practicing the very discrimination it claims to not be guilty of.

Don't make people do your homework for you. Quit spouting stuff like you know what you are talking about when you clearly don't.

The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. (CBCF) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy, research and educational institute that aims to help improve the socioeconomic circumstances of African Americans and other underserved communities.........

............CBCF programs are supported by fundraising events and the generous support of our corporate partners. To better expand and sustain its research efforts, and to enhance its leadership education programs, CBCF is establishing a multi-million-dollar endowment to provide support for its efforts not just for one year, or even one generation, but also in perpetuity.

we aren't talking about a foundation. we are talking about the exclusive club in our congress called the congressional black caucus. take notes.

e…Rev. Jeremiah Wright, has defended himself against charges of anti-Americanism and racism by referring to his foundational philosophy, the "black liberation theology" of scholars such as James Cone, who regard Jesus Christ as a "black messiah" and blacks as "the chosen people" who will only accept a god who assists their aim of destroying the "white enemy." Obama pastor's theology: Destroy 'the white enemy'

f. The minister chosen by President Obama upon the occasion of his inauguration:
The Associated Press noticed liberal Rev. Joseph Lowery's prayer raised eyebrows when he prayed for that day in the hazy future when "white will embrace what is right." That divisive note drew this headline: "Lowery gives sole inaugural note of racial caution." The entire dispatch was brief "When yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white.” http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gr...-mockery-whites-not-right-note-racial-caution

g. On Page 293 of my edition of "Dreams for My Father," Obama recounts Wright's "The Audacity of Hope" sermon.
"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks’ greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere…That’s the world! On which hope sits!" Ben Smith's Blog - Politico.com “It's at the quotidian core of the Afrocentric philosophy that Obama says drew him to the church But the Senator should have spoken up publicly against the semi-paranoid "white greed" explanation a long time ago, no?” The first Wright sermon Obama heard. ... - By Mickey Kaus - Slate Magazine

h. The Financial Times reports that Brazil’s President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva blames white people for the global economic crisis. Specifically, “white people with blue eyes” and according to FT, he said "it was wrong that black and indigenous people should pay for white people’s mistakes." According to the FT, da Silva told reporters: “This crisis was caused by the irrational behaviour of white people with blue eyes, who before the crisis appeared to know everything and now demonstrate that they know nothing.”
Brazil’s President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva blames Whitey for the troubles - Monsters and Critics

Shortly after: "That's my man right here," President Obama said this morning at the G-20 summit as Brazil President Luiz Inacio Lula de Silva approached him. "Love this guy. He's the most popular politician on earth. It's because of his good looks." The Significance of President Obama Praising Lula's "Good Looks" - Political Punch

It's so sad you fuckers are still so damn ignorant of Wright. You are MSM Sheep.

Why do we ALWAYS have to do the racists' homework for them???

I guess it depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is...

Tell me, where do these folks meet, in a private hall or the United States Congress?

Is the Congressional Black Caucus racially exclusive?
What exactly is the Congressional Black Caucus? Is it a racially-exclusive group, and, if so, how can such a group exist within Congress?
A: Yes. It has never had a white member in its 36-year history. However, its stated mission is to work for "America's neglected citizens," whatever their color.
The CBC has always been an all-black organization. It was founded in 1971 with 13 members. It is currently made up of 42 House members and one senator, Barack Obama of Illinois. All are African American, and all are Democrats.

But while the group's membership is racially exclusive, its stated goals are not. The group's stated mission is to "empower America’s neglected citizens – including but not limited to Americans of color" and "to ensure, insofar as possible, that everyone in the United States has an opportunity to live out the American Dream."

FactCheck.org: Is the Congressional Black Caucus racially exclusive?

Why do we ALWAYS have to do the racists' homework for them???

Sad how totally in the tank you are for the wrong side....post #31 above documented who the racists are...

Care to argue with the documentation?

I didn't think so.

It's so sad you fuckers are still so damn ignorant of Wright. You are MSM Sheep.

What a foul mouthed boor you are...

Are you still spray painting you mottos on bathroom walls?

Forum List

Back