Supreme Court Declines to Block Execution of Washington Sniper

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Monday declined to block the execution of John A. Muhammad, the sniper who terrorized the Washington area seven years ago. The step cleared the way for Mr. Muhammad to be put to death on Tuesday unless Gov. Tim Kaine of Virginia intervenes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/10/us/10sniper.html

interesting read and very revealing about how different states handle the death penalty.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
okay idiots ..read the article..there is more to it than just the guy getting fried....i cant have a discussion for you people not being able to do more than fucking drive bys..without bothering to read the article.

I always have mixed feelings about the death penalty. It somehow seems wrong for the state to kill in cold blood and yet, this killer had no moment of compassion for those he targeted. He put a bullet into the back of a third grader and turned a teen-ager into a murderer. I can't seem to find it in me to pity him.

okay idiots ..read the article..there is more to it than just the guy getting fried....i cant have a discussion for you people not being able to do more than fucking drive bys..without bothering to read the article.

OK, I'll go read the article, But this asshole really isn't worth the time.

OK, I'll go read the article, But this asshole really isn't worth the time.

I read the article. Not all that interesting, actually.

I've been conflicted about the death penalty for years now. In this case though, seems to be a preview of Hasan. Actually a better case, since he did serve, while calling PTSD. On the other hand, it seems other factors trump the 'stress,' in both cases. If the death penalty is ever warranted, in both cases seems appropriate.

Regardless of states not bowing the SCOTUS meetings.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Forum List

Back