Supreme Court decision probably means jail time for me

Why don't you tell me exactly why you think that there will be a shortage of doctors?

"Obamacare" is only going to give doctors more business.

As has been pointed out on several threads through the past several months.....

The Mayo in AZ stopped taking "business" in the form of medicare....look it up. They said they were losing 140 million a year. Now, tell me how you are going to pay doctors when you are losing that kind of money (and Obama loves the Mayo cost model).

A friend of mine who works there says the Mayo started getting compensation in other ways to quiet them down....but everyone knows it is a ticking time bomb.

So...if you can't pay them, they won't come.

Got it ?

Have they stopped taking private insurance? Because that's what "Obamacare" is.

Apples and Oranges.

They said show up with your checkbook. If private insurance reimbursement was enough...I would guess it would be expected.

So you are saying medicare should be converted to private insurance ?

No, of course not.

Any insurance has negotiated rates of payment for different services. Medicare reimubursements could not pay the bills. Now we understand that.

If Obamacare private insurance (through cost controls) hits the same point.....it won't pay the bills.

The rest flows from that.....doctors won't get paid or get paid less....and people quit becoming doctors.

The "golden years" for doctors have already passed (as per doctors I know). Mostly because of medicare.

Now....you think you will have medicare (bad reimbursements....causing doctors to drop it) and good Obamacare.....essentially a two tiered system ?

How long do you think that lasts ?

yes, it's part of the bill....more doctors, increased numbers at medical schools, nursing as well and more medical facilities....

they are certain to stumble though, imo....until the increase in doctors catches up...so in a way, i agree with you.... there could be a short period of being chaotic....

More Doctors? What makes you think College students might not decide that being a Lawyer is far more lucrative? It's sure going to be fun waiting eighteen months to get "that" Operation you need.
seriously? We have always had more bright students wanting to be Doctors than our medical schools have allowed in.....Medical boards have decided each year how many people they will "let" be medical Doctors....they estimate how many doctors the society will need in the future and allow in so many students that will fill that need.

A while back, about 10-15 years ago, they made a miscalculation and lowered the amount of students in to Medical School, thinking for some odd reason, that society would need less new doctors....but they did not calculate correctly and forgot the boomers....

they have been trying to play catch up ever since....

It is my understanding that the Affordable health care act, added funds towards medical schools for increased numbers in student doctors, and nurses, etc....

And how are they going to be paid.

I find it interesting that, here in the heartland.....a significant number of doctors are from overseas.

I also know that some hospitals are recruting offshore for residents.

anyone that supported this "health care" bill is a nut.

the only thing that has been accomplished is the government will compel every working American to contribute to health insurance PROFITS.

in the link i provided Gruber says the IRS penalty will be $700 per year, somone told me the current Romney-Care penalty in Massachusetts is $1200 per year.

More Doctors? What makes you think College students might not decide that being a Lawyer is far more lucrative? It's sure going to be fun waiting eighteen months to get "that" Operation you need.
seriously? We have always had more bright students wanting to be Doctors than our medical schools have allowed in.....Medical boards have decided each year how many people they will "let" be medical Doctors....they estimate how many doctors the society will need in the future and allow in so many students that will fill that need.

A while back, about 10-15 years ago, they made a miscalculation and lowered the amount of students in to Medical School, thinking for some odd reason, that society would need less new doctors....but they did not calculate correctly and forgot the boomers....

they have been trying to play catch up ever since....

It is my understanding that the Affordable health care act, added funds towards medical schools for increased numbers in student doctors, and nurses, etc....

And how are they going to be paid.

I find it interesting that, here in the heartland.....a significant number of doctors are from overseas.

I also know that some hospitals are recruting offshore for residents.
yes, Medical Schools cut themselves short for nearly a decade because of their supposed miscalculation of estimated future Doctor need.....How they could be so stupid is beyond me....the baby boomers all hitting the sickly years was a huge billboard in front of them but they still missed them in their calculations....

I had no idea that Medical Schools and Doctors on Boards made the choice of how many future Doctors they would add to their workforce.....Keeping the Doctor count low SO THAT they can keep their own salaries and demand for them higher....if this were a free market, Doctor count would have naturally increased with demand and projected future demand....

As far as pay, the market pays for the doctors.....they work and then get paid for their work, as with everyone else.

Last edited:
Channel that anger into anger into funds and action for Romney.

I have NEVER been political supporter, donator or active and I dont even care for Romney.

What other choice do we have ?

Checks and works, brother.

You really think Romney's going to repeal it? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

well, there's one born every minute.

Did you really believe Obama when he said it's not a tax????

Guess one is born every minute. :eusa_whistle:

I have NEVER been political supporter, donator or active and I dont even care for Romney.

You really think Romney's going to repeal it? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Repealing it is easier now. Just repeal the tax, the rest will fall of its own accord.

Ummm. Not really.

I think the problem here is that you vastly overestimate what the range of this is.

120 Million Americans get insurance from their jobs. 20 million get it from a union. 10 million self-insure. another 100 million get Medicare, Medicaid, VA, etc.

The Medicare expansion will cover about 30 million of the uninsured. Yes, the GOP Governors will stomp their feet until the election, but then they will quietly implement them. And a lot of the uninsured will simply sign up for insurance programs they are probably already eligible for.

Fact is, Massachusetts has already done this, and only 1% actually pay the "Penalty". (I mean, it's a penalty, right, because Romney keeps changing his mind.)

Did you really believe Obama when he said it's not a tax????

Guess one is born every minute. :eusa_whistle:

Nope. Not really. Especially since he argued it was a tax in front of SCOTUS if the Commerce Clause didn't work for them.

I have no problem with this tax. These assholes who go to the emergency room and skip on their bill just make my insurance more expensive, anyway.

...These assholes who go to the emergency room and skip on their bill just make my insurance more expensive, anyway.

Then just tax them. Instead, you're wanting to punish everyone who tries to find a better option, everyone who's tired of taking it in the ass corporate insurance.

...These assholes who go to the emergency room and skip on their bill just make my insurance more expensive, anyway.

Then just tax them. Instead, you're wanting to punish everyone who tries to find a better option, everyone who's tired of taking it in the ass corporate insurance.

And if I had a Congress that had the balls to do that, no problem.

Instead, SCOTUS had to declare, "Oh, yeah, it's a tax, really."

Inevitably, we are going to get single payer. It's just how much time we are going indulge in the Insurance Companies keeping as much of the status quo as they can.

Inevitably, we are going to get single payer. It's just how much time we are going indulge in the Insurance Companies keeping as much of the status quo as they can.

Inevitably, we're gonna die. But how much shit will we swallow in the mean time? Congress is dragging us through the sewers, trying to blackmail us into their big government wet dreams. FUCK THEM.

As of today I officially know of 4 businesses here that are going to drop their health insurance and just pay the penalty.
Gee, that Obama really looks out for folks, right?:eusa_whistle:

As of today I officially know of 4 businesses here that are going to drop their health insurance and just pay the penalty.

Okay.

That doesn't actually make a lot of sense, really.

If offering their employees insurance was a money loser, why are they waiting until NOW to drop insurance.

I don't believe you for a second, but for the sake of argument, why is "Obamacare" are causing these "businesses" to drop their healthcare plans?

If it's to save money, why not drop them now, why wait for "Obamacare"?

Or a decade ago, for that matter?

2ic9zqe.png

the government can kiss my ass.

i'm not buying health care insurance.

because i'm trying to start my own business i'm already a target for the IRS, now by refusing to purchase health care insurance i'm going to be a huge target for the IRS.

they can charge me for what health care really is, a new large tax.

being part of the 2% who will not participate, i do not comply with corrupt government.
i expect to have problems with the IRS within 5 years

-------------------------------------------------

"My Supreme Court Prediction"
Wolfstrike 3/28/12

httpdifferent forum

i have a bad feeling that the supreme court is going to hold up their ruling on health care until after the election.

they hear the case for 3 days before they go back to perma-vacation, they said that they will release their meaningless opinion before the election, but i have a feeling they will drag it out so it doesn't effect Obama.

health insurance totalitarians have already stated that they expect the ruling to pass the court by one vote.

my spidy senses are already picking up bad signals....
the other day they had a biography of justice John Roberts talking about how "conservative" he is.
making sure it's well known this is a "conservative" supreme court ..which it really isn't.

Scalia and Thomas are on record for conservative voting, and we got 2 guys who are supposed to be hard-core conservatives,

we got 4 fruits and nuts

then the guy Kennedy "the moderate" will be the one to take the payoff and pass the mandate
- Wolfstrike

------------------------------------------------

"Supreme Court and the heath care bill"
-Wolfstrike 4/12/12

httpdifferent-forum

i predict that if the Republicans can't get rid of Romney as the moninee, the supreme court will uphold the healthcare mandate
- Wolfstrike

You know...I support your choices....Now...will you sign a legal document stating that you and yours understand you will never ever be allowed to use emergency services without paying cash up front? Thanks in advance.

Okay.

If offering their employees insurance was a money loser, why are they waiting until NOW to drop insurance.

Because for the first year the penalty will be around 1%, the second year it will be at 2 1/2%. They can either insure their employees or fire a couple. I guess they decided to keep as many employees as they could.

the government can kiss my ass.i'm not buying health care insurance. i do not comply with corrupt government.
i expect to have problems with the IRS within 5 years

Attaboy.

FCI Lompoc , the facility where, more than likely you will be assigned for .....er...... re-education, is operated like a Country Club and they provide free healthcare.

LOL

Okay.

Because for the first year the penalty will be around 1%, the second year it will be at 2 1/2%. They can either insure their employees or fire a couple. I guess they decided to keep as many employees as they could.

But there's no penalty if they drop insurance now... so why are they bothering to insure people?

Forum List

Back