Supreme Court Decision.. Libs lie once again.

Nonelitist

Rookie
Jan 22, 2010
From the NY Times:

This time, Justice Alito shook his head as if to rebut the president’s characterization of the Citizens United decision, and seemed to mouth the words “not true.” Indeed, Mr. Obama’s description of the holding of the case was imprecise. He said the court had “reversed a century of law.”

The law that Congress enacted in the populist days of the early 20th century prohibited direct corporate contributions to political campaigns. That law was not at issue in the Citizens United case, and is still on the books. Rather, the court struck down a more complicated statute that barred corporations and unions from spending money directly from their treasuries — as opposed to their political action committees — on television advertising to urge a vote for or against a federal candidate in the period immediately before the election. It is true, though, that the majority wrote so broadly about corporate free speech rights as to call into question other limitations as well — although not necessarily the existing ban on direct contributions.

Justice Alito’s Reaction - Opinionator Blog - NYTimes.com

Try a new argument. Lost once again.

The Supreme Court acted stupidly, just like Cambridge police did.

They acted willfully. They don't have much more time to ensure the neo con fundimentalists and religious zealots don't lose more power than the voters took away from them last year. It isn't enough to have a stranglhold on the ownership of the media. They have to get paid for the destruction they cause. The Supreme court ensured it this week. I hope when the first senator gets paid through a fake corp with funds generated by Al Quaida someone will take it upon themselves to remove Roberts and Alito

They acted willfully. They don't have much more time to ensure the neo con fundimentalists and religious zealots don't lose more power than the voters took away from them last year. It isn't enough to have a stranglhold on the ownership of the media. They have to get paid for the destruction they cause. The Supreme court ensured it this week. I hope when the first senator gets paid through a fake corp with funds generated by Al Quaida someone will take it upon themselves to remove Roberts and Alito

In your entire post you stated no supported facts.
Yet you stated them as facts and never once used the word "assume" or the word "believe"
You do realize, of course, that that is why you are known as a hack on this board.
Just sayin'....hack.

corporate_vote.jpg

White House to Alito: Is Too
The White House says President Barack Obama was accurate when he took on a Supreme Court ruling in the State of the Union address, even though Justice Sam Alito mouthed, “Not true.”

Stevens continued: “The Court all but confesses that a categorical approach to speaker identity is untenable when it acknowledges that Congress might be allowed to take measures aimed at preventing foreign individuals or associations from influencing our Nation’s political process. … Such measures have been a part of U.S. campaign finance law for many years. The notion that Congress might lack the authority to distinguish foreigners from citizens in the regulation of electioneering would certainly have surprised the Framers.”

And on Page 75, Stevens wrote: “Unlike voters in U.S. elections, corporations may be foreign controlled.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/32151.html#ixzz0dwTKn9FA

corporate_vote.jpg

White House to Alito: Is Too
The White House says President Barack Obama was accurate when he took on a Supreme Court ruling in the State of the Union address, even though Justice Sam Alito mouthed, “Not true.”

Yep...it is one suck butt decision by the Supreme Court...but one that stays in line with our consitution.
Hate the ruling but I support it as I have learned you take the good with the bad.
You can not go against the constitution strictly out of convenience.

Funny that Obama doesn't have a problem with the fact that George Soros has been doing this for years...... :eusa_whistle:

From the NY Times:

This time, Justice Alito shook his head as if to rebut the president’s characterization of the Citizens United decision, and seemed to mouth the words “not true.” Indeed, Mr. Obama’s description of the holding of the case was imprecise. He said the court had “reversed a century of law.”

The law that Congress enacted in the populist days of the early 20th century prohibited direct corporate contributions to political campaigns. That law was not at issue in the Citizens United case, and is still on the books. Rather, the court struck down a more complicated statute that barred corporations and unions from spending money directly from their treasuries — as opposed to their political action committees — on television advertising to urge a vote for or against a federal candidate in the period immediately before the election. It is true, though, that the majority wrote so broadly about corporate free speech rights as to call into question other limitations as well — although not necessarily the existing ban on direct contributions.

Justice Alito’s Reaction - Opinionator Blog - NYTimes.com

Try a new argument. Lost once again.

It would appear that Alito's own words in the decision they handed down proves the president's characterization of the decision is not only accurate, but extremely accurate.

Yet you stated them as facts and never once used the word "assume" or the word "believe"
You do realize, of course, that that is why you are known as a hack on this board.
Just sayin'....hack.

Aside from the "fact" that you appear to be bat shit crazy....I don't see the words.."assume"..or "believe" in the above reply...

Here is a fact for ya sparky. Roberts was one of the "locals" flown down to Florida to pound on the windows and harrass the ballot counters that were trying to recount Bush vs Gore ballots. Why should I give a rats ass what you think. My posts are mainly to run neo con fundimentalist asshole into the dirt. I expect most of em think alot lower of my efforts than "hack". Does that make you old and tired? Roberts is a traitor and an enemy of this country. I don't need to have that opinion co-signed.

Just sayin'....hack.

Aside from the "fact" that you appear to be bat shit crazy....I don't see the words.."assume"..or "believe" in the above reply...

Here is a fact for ya sparky. Roberts was one of the "locals" flown down to Florida to pound on the windows and harrass the ballot counters that were trying to recount Bush vs Gore ballots. Why should I give a rats ass what you think. My posts are mainly to run neo con fundimentalist asshole into the dirt. I expect most of em think alot lower of my efforts than "hack". Does that make you old and tired? Roberts is a traitor and an enemy of this country. I don't need to have that opinion co-signed.

LMAO....obviously you do give a rats ass what I think or you would not have responded.
OK...OK...I take it back. No harm meant. Did not mean to get you angry.
You are not a hack.......a bit paranoid I see....but by no means a hack.

Forum List

Back