Supreme court and cussing on TV.

Free speech protects offensive speech, case closed. Honestly, I don't even how the FCC got away with montoring radio. But, if the radio or tv station gets some funding from the government then thats a different story.

And what, exactly, should the Supreme Court be doing about the debt?
The justices are hearing arguments Tuesday in a First Amendment case that pits the Obama administration against the nation's television networks.
Nothing, which is my point, but the Obama administration SHOULD be doing something about it and is not.

Read more: Supreme Court Weighs Policy Against Curse Words On TV | Fox News

This is standard political strategy. They focus on some bullshit issue to distract the public from the fact they're not doing anything about the real issues. Flag burning, gay marriage, steroids in baseball, even focusing on obamacare during a horrible recession was an distraction.

The justices are hearing arguments Tuesday in a First Amendment case that pits the Obama administration against the nation's television networks.
Nothing, which is my point, but the Obama administration SHOULD be doing something about it and is not.

You do realize that the "Obama Administration" is more than just one man, right? You think that the "Obama Administration" has stopped working on the economy just because it's also doing its job on other issues. It's remarkable how you jump to so many conclusions based on a stub of an article. We don't know right now, but chances are that the Obama Administration is involved in this because suit was brought by the networks against the FCC, which would make the Justice Department obliged to argue the case for the US government.

This is standard political strategy. They focus on some bullshit issue to distract the public from the fact they're not doing anything about the real issues. Flag burning, gay marriage, steroids in baseball, even focusing on obamacare during a horrible recession was an distraction.

Exactly.

You do realize that the "Obama Administration" is more than just one man, right? You think that the "Obama Administration" has stopped working on the economy just because it's also doing its job on other issues. It's remarkable how you jump to so many conclusions based on a stub of an article. We don't know right now, but chances are that the Obama Administration is involved in this because suit was brought by the networks against the FCC, which would make the Justice Department obliged to argue the case for the US government.
Obama appointed Holder, so it is HIS JD that is binging this issue up. Just like it was his JD that did not charge the black panther party with voter intimidation in 2008. Why is the JD not investigating where Billions of tax payers dollars have disappeared to? And somehow I doubt the networks would just automatically file a suit against the FCC, the FCC would have had to make the first move on this one.
But back to my point, why are they not concentrating on getting our debt under control and instead concentrating on stupid shit like this?

Last edited:
Good... it's about time they do something about this... I'm sick to death of all the fucking bleeps on television these days. Let's nip it in the bud one way or another... either allow them to curse, or not.

Obama appointed Holder, so it is HIS JD that is binging this issue up.

Uh, no, not likely. You're not paying attention. I expect that it was THE NETWORKS that are bringing suit against the FCC. You're making wild assumptions.

And somehow I doubt the networks would just automatically file a suit against the FCC, the FCC would have had to make the first move on this one.

That's ludicrous. On what grounds would the FCC bring suit against the networks? There would be no grounds, and any such effort would have been dismissed for lack of standing.

But back to my point, why are they not concentrating on getting our debt under control and instead concentrating on stupid shit like this?

On what basis do you claim that Obama isn't focusing on the debt? Again, you're making wild assumptions.

Obama appointed Holder, so it is HIS JD that is binging this issue up.

Uh, no, not likely. You're not paying attention. I expect that it was THE NETWORKS that are bringing suit against the FCC. You're making wild assumptions.

And somehow I doubt the networks would just automatically file a suit against the FCC, the FCC would have had to make the first move on this one.

That's ludicrous. On what grounds would the FCC bring suit against the networks? There would be no grounds, and any such effort would have been dismissed for lack of standing.

On what basis do you claim that Obama isn't focusing on the debt? Again, you're making wild assumptions.

Because FOXNews told him to be outraged... and he's a loyal servant.

Anyone remember the last time the FCC changed it's policy and why? Remember that little incident with the "wardrobe malfunction" at the Superbowl halftime show? Remember what segment of the population demanded tougher controls? Remember who was the president only too happy to oblige?

Free speech protects offensive speech, case closed. Honestly, I don't even how the FCC got away with montoring radio. But, if the radio or tv station gets some funding from the government then thats a different story.

They may not get funding, but they do get exclusive rights to a particular frequency or wavelength.

Forum List

Back