Supreme court and cussing on TV.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by grunt11b, Jan 10, 2012.

1. grunt11b

grunt11b VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +501
    Isn't this nanny statism awesome? Because when you run up the debt from 10 trillion to 16 trillion in a little over 3 years, curse words on TV should be your main priority, not lowering the debt. Doesn't surprise me none, the man never could get his priorities right.
    Supreme Court Weighs Policy Against Curse Words On TV | Fox News

2. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    And what, exactly, should the Supreme Court be doing about the debt?

3. Wacky Quacky

Wacky Quacky Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +376
    Free speech protects offensive speech, case closed. Honestly, I don't even how the FCC got away with montoring radio. But, if the radio or tv station gets some funding from the government then thats a different story.

4. grunt11b

grunt11b VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +501
    Nothing, which is my point, but the Obama administration SHOULD be doing something about it and is not.

Read more: Supreme Court Weighs Policy Against Curse Words On TV | Fox News

5. Wacky Quacky

Wacky Quacky Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +376
    This is standard political strategy. They focus on some bullshit issue to distract the public from the fact they're not doing anything about the real issues. Flag burning, gay marriage, steroids in baseball, even focusing on obamacare during a horrible recession was an distraction.

6. Inthemiddle

Inthemiddle BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +674
    You do realize that the "Obama Administration" is more than just one man, right? You think that the "Obama Administration" has stopped working on the economy just because it's also doing its job on other issues. It's remarkable how you jump to so many conclusions based on a stub of an article. We don't know right now, but chances are that the Obama Administration is involved in this because suit was brought by the networks against the FCC, which would make the Justice Department obliged to argue the case for the US government.

7. grunt11b

grunt11b VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +501
    Exactly.

8. grunt11b

grunt11b VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +501
    Obama appointed Holder, so it is HIS JD that is binging this issue up. Just like it was his JD that did not charge the black panther party with voter intimidation in 2008. Why is the JD not investigating where Billions of tax payers dollars have disappeared to? And somehow I doubt the networks would just automatically file a suit against the FCC, the FCC would have had to make the first move on this one.
    But back to my point, why are they not concentrating on getting our debt under control and instead concentrating on stupid shit like this?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  9. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Good... it's about time they do something about this... I'm sick to death of all the fucking bleeps on television these days. Let's nip it in the bud one way or another... either allow them to curse, or not.

10. Inthemiddle

Inthemiddle BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +674
    Uh, no, not likely. You're not paying attention. I expect that it was THE NETWORKS that are bringing suit against the FCC. You're making wild assumptions.

That's ludicrous. On what grounds would the FCC bring suit against the networks? There would be no grounds, and any such effort would have been dismissed for lack of standing.

On what basis do you claim that Obama isn't focusing on the debt? Again, you're making wild assumptions.