Supreme Court also struck down Stolen Valor.

So who would decide a veteran's awards are legitimate?

Who would decide? You wonder who the fuk would decide if a fake veteran claimed awards? Think about it dummy.

How about Kerry's awards, were they legitimate?

Kerry's situation is totally different, Yes he was legally awarded his medals, whether he deserved them or not is what some people question.........

Perhaps the civilians posting here don't realize that for EVERY military award from a 'green weenie' on up to the MoH, there is written documentation in the form of a citation which will contain names of units, etc?

So the documentation exists - both in the soldier's possession AND in the military's records. And a SSN or service number should be all that's required to access such info.

Having served in the Navy for 20 years, I have from time to time crossed paths with people who lie about various things to try to make themselves "big". It's pretty disgusting to hear somebody lie about an event or earning a medal that you know while they are telling the lie isn't so. Real heros don't usually tell about their experiences.

Having served in the Navy for 20 years, I have from time to time crossed paths with people who lie about various things to try to make themselves "big". It's pretty disgusting to hear somebody lie about an event or earning a medal that you know while they are telling the lie isn't so. Real heros don't usually tell about their experiences.

I talk about a few things and times, but not many......... Most of my "stories" are about what some dumb ass did on a training exercise.... But then again, I'm no hero.....

Forum List

Back