Supreme Court allows Pennsylvania transgender bathroom policy to go into effect

Never had this problem with outhouses..

Yep. Bathrooms in houses are all unisex with single room toilets.
Occasional fights over the double sinks, and equal time!
But nothing calling for Supreme Court rulings to settle out.

The difference being that the people with whom I share the bathrooms in my home are not total strangers.

Also, I would like to point out that in my house, there are two bathrooms, and one is for me (the female in the house) and the other is for the guys.

Yes Cecilie1200 that is the point.
Communities should be able to decide their own restroom policies
where they know each other.

And where it is public, just have single use separated stalls.

Even with the guys' restroom in your house, you don't expect
more than one guy in there at the same time. There's a reason for that.
It's called PRIVACY.

Never had this problem with outhouses..

Yep. Bathrooms in houses are all unisex with single room toilets.
Occasional fights over the double sinks, and equal time!
But nothing calling for Supreme Court rulings to settle out.

The difference being that the people with whom I share the bathrooms in my home are not total strangers.

Also, I would like to point out that in my house, there are two bathrooms, and one is for me (the female in the house) and the other is for the guys.

Yes Cecilie1200 that is the point.
Communities should be able to decide their own restroom policies
where they know each other.

And where it is public, just have single use separated stalls.

Even with the guys' restroom in your house, you don't expect
more than one guy in there at the same time. There's a reason for that.
It's called PRIVACY.

Well, I certainly don't expect a man I don't even know to expect to share a bathroom with me. How anyone thinks I'm supposed to be okay with that bewilders me.

As with nearly everything in American society today, the level of self-centeredness on this amazes me. People are outraged by the idea that they should have to give any thought at all to the feelings and concerns of others, and then are equally outraged by the idea that those others might be just as uninterested in THEIR feelings and concerns.

I've actually worked around quite a number of people all over the "trans spectrum", for want of a better term. I have no intention of accommodating anyone's belief that they have aa "right" to what they want which supercedes the rights of an entire crowd of people, but how I deal with it depends on the person and the circumstances. One company I worked for had two transgender MtoF employees while I was there.

One was pretty low-key, just wanted to come to work, get paid, and go home (an attitude I can respect in any co-worker). The building had one big bathroom per gender on each floor that all the offices used. He used the ladies room (he was fully dressed as a woman, so . . .), but he went to the mostly-unused downstairs bathroom whenever possible to avoid conflict. Probably if he'd been farther along in the sex-change procedure, no one would have even noticed him, because he wasn't trying to draw attention to his transgenderism.

The other one . . . if he was taking hormones, they hadn't kicked in yet. Obviously male, beard and all, but one day showed up in an outfit from the Elvis-as-a-tranny clothing line and more makeup on than I wear in a month (still with the beard, though), and informed us that he now identified as a woman (I forget what name he'd picked for himself). Yeah, no. Fuck you and your fucking beard if you think you're suddenly gonna start walkin' in the ladies room with me, Jack. THAT one had to be settled by HR, because I wasn't the only woman vocally objecting to someone using the men's room one day and the ladies the next, based on nothing but tacky hooker wear and a fluffy nickname.

Forum List

Back