Supposedly "Pro-Russian" Trump Announces He's Pulling U.S. Out of the INF Treaty, Infuriates Putin

You're spinning.

Putin was already breaking the treaty.

Wise up
We already have plenty of these kind of missiles, they just happen to be all sea-based. We don't need land-based ones too, only Russia does, and now the door if fully open.

Q: Does Russia see any value in this treaty, and if yes, then what exactly? Is it even worthwhile to be part of this treaty?

PUTIN: It would be of great value to us, if other countries followed Russia and the United States. Here’s what we have: the naive former Russian leadership went ahead and eliminated intermediate-range land-based missiles. The Americans eliminated their Pershing missiles, while we scrapped the SS-20 missiles. There was a tragic event associated with this when the chief designer of these systems committed suicide believing that it was a betrayal of national interests and unilateral disarmament.

Why unilateral? Because under that treaty we eliminated our ground complex, but the treaty did not include medium-range sea- and air-based missiles. Air- and sea-based missiles were not affected by it. The Soviet Union simply did not have them, while the United States kept them in service.

What we ultimately got was a clear imbalance: the United States has kept its medium-range missiles. It does not matter whether they are based at sea, in the air, or on land; however, the Soviet Union was simply left without this type of weapons. Almost all of our neighbours make such weapons, including the countries to the east of our borders, and Middle Eastern countries as well, whereas none of the countries sharing borders with the United States, neither Canada nor Mexico, manufacture such weapons. So, for us it is a special test, but nevertheless we believe it is necessary to honour this treaty. All the more so since, as you may be aware, we now also have medium-range sea- and air-based missiles.​

I guess that many liberals here missed the news that President Trump recently announced that he's pulling the U.S. out of the INF/ABM treaty with Russia? Putin and other Russian officials quickly condemned the announcement as "dangerous," etc. Gee, I thought Trump was in Putin's pocket? What gives?

'Donald Trump's plan to rip up the anti-ballistic missile treaty with the Soviet Union may not be as disastrous as we think'

Trump says US will withdraw from nuclear arms treaty with Russia

Russia Says President Trump's Nuclear Treaty Pullout Would Be a 'Very Dangerous Step'

Let's see, the supposedly "pro-Russian" Donald Trump has done all these actions that have been opposed and condemned by the Russian government: pulled the U.S. out of the Iran nuke deal, imposed tariffs on Russian steel, sold weapons to Ukraine and Georgia, expelled a bunch of Russian diplomats, shut down one of Russia's consulates in the U.S., and condemned the German-Russian natural gas pipeline. What gives, libs?

Putin announced he too will punk out of the treaty. Soon enough, the member states of NATO will be under the gun of nuclear missiles moved close to our Eastern European Allies.

Trump is either stupid, or is being black mailed by the Russian Leader; the defense by so many who have posted below, suggest they too are stupid, or sitting in front of a computer in the Kremlin.

Russia isn't honoring the treaty. We shouldn't be in the treaty. Putin has no interest in taking over a bunch of helpless european countries. His objective is to sell them oil and natural gas. Its amazing that no one can see that he has ambitions to eventually take the leviathan fields in israel. He'll fail to do that though. Europe has absolutely nothing to offer.

I guess that many liberals here missed the news that President Trump recently announced that he's pulling the U.S. out of the INF/ABM treaty with Russia? Putin and other Russian officials quickly condemned the announcement as "dangerous," etc. Gee, I thought Trump was in Putin's pocket? What gives?

'Donald Trump's plan to rip up the anti-ballistic missile treaty with the Soviet Union may not be as disastrous as we think'

Russia Says President Trump's Nuclear Treaty Pullout Would Be a 'Very Dangerous Step'

Let's see, the supposedly "pro-Russian" Donald Trump has done all these actions that have been opposed and condemned by the Russian government: pulled the U.S. out of the Iran nuke deal, imposed tariffs on Russian steel, sold weapons to Ukraine and Georgia, expelled a bunch of Russian diplomats, shut down one of Russia's consulates in the U.S., and condemned the German-Russian natural gas pipeline. What gives, libs?
You just assume Putin wouldn’t like it. The truth is it’s something Putin wanted.

Russia isn't honoring the treaty. We shouldn't be in the treaty. Putin has no interest in taking over a bunch of helpless european countries. His objective is to sell them oil and natural gas. Its amazing that no one can see that he has ambitions to eventually take the leviathan fields in israel. He'll fail to do that though. Europe has absolutely nothing to offer.
That should be great comfort to the Ukraine and Georgia.

That should be great comfort to the Ukraine and Georgia.

Really, because our previous buffoon used the cia to overthrow ukraine. Surely, you can explain why russia is enhancing and engineering new nuclear technology while ours stays in the 1960's......and we should stay in this treaty?

so because Putin is breaking the Law, we need to eliminate the Law? Utterly ridiculous! Except for the man of lawlessness, Trump! :rolleyes:

Simply makes no sense, when there are other options that are better and safer and less costly for the USA and the World.

so because Putin is breaking the Law, we need to eliminate the Law? Utterly ridiculous! Except for the man of lawlessness, Trump! :rolleyes:

Simply makes no sense, when there are other options that are better and safer and less costly for the USA and the World.

But staying in the treaty while we abide and russia doesnt makes all kinds of sense.

But staying in the treaty while we abide and russia doesnt makes all kinds of sense.

You are the authority ... on nothing. Why pretend, are you desperate for attention, or desperate to find some way to justify your ideology to yourself?

putin benefits from this, don't be fooled.

Oh, wait, I forgot who I was talking to.

Now Putin can put all the missiles he wants pointed at Europe. The Europeans will be less keen on us putting new missiles on their soil.
You aren't paying attention.

Putin is already breaking the treaty. But I'm sure the Democrats will try to spin this too.

Trumphaters are so predictable.

Yes, Putin was already breaking the treaty. Instead of holding him accountable, using the terms of the treaty, Trump cancels the treaty, giving Puting EXACTLY what he wants, which is to be free to the constraint of the treaty. Again, doing Putin's bidding.

I've said this before, and it bares repeating. If Putin bought Trump he made the worst deal since the Native Siberians sold Manhattan for $24 worth the beads.

Now Putin can put all the missiles he wants pointed at Europe. The Europeans will be less keen on us putting new missiles on their soil.

Putin is already breaking the treaty. But I'm sure the Democrats will try to spin this too.

Yes, Putin was already breaking the treaty. Instead of holding him accountable, using the terms of the treaty, Trump cancels the treaty, giving Puting EXACTLY what he wants, which is to be free to the constraint of the treaty. Again, doing Putin's bidding.

You're a dumb twat. No other way to put it I'm afraid. You steal oxygen from people more deserving.

Trump withdrew from the treaty because the US was abiding and Russia wasn't. Now we don't have to either, and that's what has pissed Putin off.

Putin isn't thinking "aha now that that treaty is gone I can do whatever I want" because he already was doing whatever he wanted.

Some yall should try using your heads for something other than an air filled coat rack.

Then we, and allies, put MORE sanctions on them... starve the beast...

NOT relieve them of sanctions as Trump has done.... RUSSIA HATES the sanctions... if Trump would stop easing them on Russia, or if Putin didn't have this weird hold on Trump, we could and would save TRILLIONS in the long run by not simply opening the door to another ARMS RACE... we need THAT like a hole in the head.....imo.

I have no idea what the US is doing with nukes, I don't have that clearance. Do you?

You are the authority ... on nothing. Why pretend, are you desperate for attention, or desperate to find some way to justify your ideology to yourself?

And you are?

If Putin turns on Trump, the media will start sucking Putin’s Russian balls.
That's all ready a done deal so don't bother
yjolfribv8nasawiti80

Then we, and allies, put MORE sanctions on them... starve the beast...

NOT relieve them of sanctions as Trump has done.... RUSSIA HATES the sanctions... if Trump would stop easing them on Russia, or if Putin didn't have this weird hold on Trump, we could and would save TRILLIONS in the long run by not simply opening the door to another ARMS RACE... we need THAT like a hole in the head.....imo.

Hey little one , Trump getting Germany to cancel their natural gas order with Russia cost Russia more in terms of hard currency than all of the trade sanctions that have been put on them since Putin first became President combined.

You're a dumb twat. No other way to put it I'm afraid. You steal oxygen from people more deserving.

Trump withdrew from the treaty because the US was abiding and Russia wasn't. Now we don't have to either, and that's what has pissed Putin off.

Putin isn't thinking "aha now that that treaty is gone I can do whatever I want" because he already was doing whatever he wanted.

Some yall should try using your heads for something other than an air filled coat rack.

A simple opinion ^^^ and vulgar personal attack - both the best examples of a biddable supporter of Trump&Co by a member of the echo chamber.

Forum List

Back