Suppose Suicide Bombers Are Motivated By Suicide, Not Religion?

If you're merely motivated by suicide, you jump off a bridge and don't take anyone else down with you.
Yep, even school shootings are related to perceived abuse or ill treatment by other's, such as in the Colombine and Virginia Tech incidents. Suicide bombers use themselves as a weapon to kill people, they have a goal or a reason to kill people, for Islamic terrorist's it is their religion, anyone who listens to Muslim suicide bombers death video's can learn instantly from 'we did this because of the infidel's crime's ...... against Islam yadayada, they are the enemies of Allah...yadayada' that they are doing it for their god and their fellow Muslims.

Last edited:
"Suppose Suicide Bombers Are Motivated By Suicide, Not Religion?"

like the mass kilings carried out in american schools etc. they often end in suicide.

I don't understand martyrdom from the religious perspective at alll.

I can see dying for your nation/home, family and loved ones--even more so for ones on children. But how does one die for an immortal god?

Think about it, what will happen to said "immortal" if you did not die for it? Would the immortal die? Is not such a conclusion a contradiction?

"Confront" Islam? What the heck do you mean by that? 2 countries have been invaded and 100s of thousands of people have been killed for attacks that were in the case of one country, Afghanistan, loosely backed and in another country, Iraq, had no affliations with the attacks at all. Add in there have been millions of people displaced. People fled both those nations and now have created huge problems in more moderate, prosperous middle eastern countries. Terrorism is off the scale in some parts of the Middle East because of United States meddling.

I'd say it's been "confronted" in spades.

Forum List

Back