'Supporting the troops'?

Bonnie said:
That was a good post, because It's tiresome to constantly hear how evil christianity has been throughout the ages, when in point of fact, it has been other cultures that have done at least the same if not more in the way of conquering and destruction. You made an excellent point re the Byzantines etc. Look at what the Mongrol hoards did? And Atilla was not exactly fair minded to those who crossed his vision.

The whole point is where do you draw the line? Are we to remember all the way back to the first caveman clan that picked up a rock and chucked it at their neighbors?

The real reason for my post is that I really really dislike it when someone states a falacy as fact. In this case it was not intentional I am sure, but I feel it is important that the facts are known when using them to substantiate an argument or point of view.

CSM said:
The whole point is where do you draw the line? Are we to remember all the way back to the first caveman clan that picked up a rock and chucked it at their neighbors?

The real reason for my post is that I really really dislike it when someone states a falacy as fact. In this case it was not intentional I am sure, but I feel it is important that the facts are known when using them to substantiate an argument or point of view.

LOL I just flashed on this caveman fight...Needed that laugh today.....And yes i am in complete agreement you!!

Mariner said:
Zhukov,
I don't get it. Why can't liberals oppose the war but support the troops?

First of all, I didn't write the article. If you have a question regarding a clarification of the author's opinion here you go.

Second, the author didn't say 'liberals can't oppose the war but support the troops'. Instead he gives examples of how prominent liberals say they support the troops, but in reality, based on the ramifications of their actions, don't, and are instead actively engaged in obstructing and undermining their efforts.

nakedemperor said:
Yeah, I was scrutinizing the validity of likening Pearl Harbor as a valid impetus for entrance into WWII to 9/11 as a valid impetus for entrance into Iraq.

I already knew you couldnt connect the dots.

Forum List

Back