Supporting Government Accountability.

Do you support the government being held accountable?

• Total voters

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
There is always lots of talk about politics and government. So I wonder about conservatives and progressives.

I know liberals always support government accountability.

Do others?

That is the foundation of representative government. Accountable means out the door when you screw up.

What about holding the politicians responsible?

What a lame ass poll. Not worth a response

The interesting thing is just how far off into la la land the OP is, that he thinks the majority of those who opposed him would vote no.

Big Black Dog has a topic asking if liberals could even dream of understanding the other guys perspective. All he got from the liberal side so far were trolls. But the others didn't respond to the concept either.

Congress should be subject to fvirtually all laws they put on us.
They are exempt from many though. Sexual harrasment for one. LIke that should be a suprise after the page boy scandals and such.

☭proletarian☭;1871171 said:
What about holding the politicians responsible?

politicians are held responsible every election. responsibility is not the same as accountability.

politicians are not the government, unless and until they are elected and hold office, or are selected to appointed seats/offices.

What is the distinction?

There are loads of pages on the internet(s) devoted to just this question. For me it is easier to explain a situation where somebody is to be 'held responsible' for something: an action over what the punishment or reward will be, if any, is pending. We know it was their duty or obligation to do something or prevent something. I can hold somebody responsible for something and it can be argued over.

To be 'held accountable' is where somebody is going to be judged and their is no question about an action going to be taken.

We all know people who are responsible for doing crappy things. I say they do not answer the piper or pay back until they have been held accountable. They have to be held to account...paid in full...or settle up.

When somebody is called to account for something there is no question that they have been responsible for something, and now they are going to settle up the debt.

I'm being as vague and unclear about exact situations, because those are where scenarios play, and where the argument can start that eventually becomes the circle jerk.

The interesting thing is just how far off into la la land the OP is, that he thinks the majority of those who opposed him would vote no.

Big Black Dog has a topic asking if liberals could even dream of understanding the other guys perspective. All he got from the liberal side so far were trolls. But the others didn't respond to the concept either.

dearest stupid fuck, do not quit your night job. your ability to foresee or even understand where I am coming from is so bad...

I actually do not have any clue where people stand. If I did I'd be making tons of money from parties interested in such knowledge.

Your inability to understand simple questions, let alone liberalism, is astounding. And I do NOT think you are representative of many who imagine themselves to be conservative.

You sir are the troll. but then again, we all are trolls.

what is your answer? do you think governments should be held accountable? If so, what about the Bush and Clinton admins and their foreign policies?

Congress should be subject to fvirtually all laws they put on us.
They are exempt from many though. Sexual harrasment for one. LIke that should be a suprise after the page boy scandals and such.

you are speaking of things which are black and white. sexua harrassment is a violation of the law and nobody agrees anyone convicted should not be held to account for their actions.

Forum List

Back