Supporters Rally in Support of SEALS..

I wished there was something more that we could do. I just can't think of a thing, especially with 2 of them being tried in Baghdad. I would think they would at least move them out of the damned war zone.

:salute:.:salute:.:salute:

I drove past that base every day for 10 years on the strand, Cornado CA....(to north island). Went to school on that base and used to work out in the gym there every once in a while. Those are gentlemen you do not want to fuck with, ever!

Go SEALS.

Last edited:
I would be really interested in knowing who above Maj. Gen. Charles T. Cleveland in the NCA is actually behind this farce. I can't help but think, that this is one of those " look how sensitive we are sort of things" more for media consumption and the world opinion tour than anything else at the expense of these very highly trained and very highly capable young people.

Interesting reading from the General there, sort of sums up what I thought. This is a driven matter somewhere in the NCA above the Gen. head. at least that is the impression I am getting from this.
Text of letter from Maj. Gen. Cleveland to Rep. Burton | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

I would be really interested in knowing who above Maj. Gen. Charles T. Cleveland in the NCA is actually behind this farce. I can't help but think, that this is one of those " look how sensitive we are sort of things" more for media consumption and the world opinion tour than anything else at the expense of these very highly trained and very highly capable young people.

Interesting reading from the General there, sort of sums up what I thought. This is a driven matter somewhere in the NCA above the Gen. head. at least that is the impression I am getting from this.
Text of letter from Maj. Gen. Cleveland to Rep. Burton | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

No doubt, whoever is behind it, is someone who has never served in uniform. Their 'service' will have been by being elected.... a pondscum politician.

No doubt, whoever is behind it, is someone who has never served in uniform. Their 'service' will have been by being elected.... a pondscum politician.

great avatar. !!! If you read on Gen. Cleveland you will find out he is a SpecOps soldier which more or less leads me to believe this has more to do with someone in the NCA who wants a "media example".

The media has successfully spun this into some politically-correct based issue.

The military depends on discipline. SEALs lied to investigators. THAT'S THE ISSUE. It's NOT that some dirtbag terrorist got beat up. The issue is that SEALs lied to their commander. For that, they were going to get what amounts to nothing more than a slap on the wrist through non-judicial punishment. They opted for a court martial instead, which is completely within their rights. However, they have contributed to turning this into a media circus.

Their careers are over. If not, then they should be.

I drove past that base every day for 10 years on the strand, Cornado CA....(to north island). Went to school on that base and used to work out in the gym there every once in a while. Those are gentlemen you do not want to fuck with, ever!

Go SEALS.

:clap2:;) You got that right!!!for sure.You talk shit to them, and they feed you to the Sharks!!! Via!!! Man Over Board!!!:lol:

SEALs are cool. I talked to one at a wedding and he said "what we do is balance balls on our noses and clap our flippers."

Meanwhile, the guy probably could have killed me with his hands.

The media has successfully spun this into some politically-correct based issue.

The military depends on discipline. SEALs lied to investigators. THAT'S THE ISSUE. It's NOT that some dirtbag terrorist got beat up. The issue is that SEALs lied to their commander. For that, they were going to get what amounts to nothing more than a slap on the wrist through non-judicial punishment. They opted for a court martial instead, which is completely within their rights. However, they have contributed to turning this into a media circus.

Their careers are over. If not, then they should be.

Thanks for a good post and right on. It was my observation that some folks in the special operations community think the rules don't apply to them.

That kind of mentality can't be allowed to exist by the chain of command.

I don't know the exact details of this situation and these guys deserve their day in court, which they demanded.

However, simply being a SEAL doesn't make you immune from doing the wrong thing.

Forum List

Back