Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Beck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
Here is a video that describes what it is, if you are confused or not.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvyub5XP03I&feature=player_profilepage]YouTube - The Vat Tax is coming[/ame]

Opposed. It's just a backdoor for the rich to shirk even more of the tax burden on to everyone else.

That will, in effect, raise taxes on all consumers hitting the poor the hardest and the middle class pretty hard too.

Adding a tax each time value is added to a product is going to make many products way more expensive.

For example. You have the ingredients to make a loaf of bread and you mix them together, adding value to the product and then its taxed. You bake the bread making it edible, you added value again. Now you slice it to make it more convinient, value added. Packaging it to make it stay fresh longer, adding value.

OUCH

I know I oversimplified there but that is, in effect, VAT taxes.

Unless I missed something, TORO?

Wouldn't such a tax be a terrible burden for domestic manufacturing and place foreign countries at an even greater advantage over us? Why would we want to do that? It's almost like the Democrats are wanting to outsource all our jobs.

That will, in effect, raise taxes on all consumers hitting the poor the hardest and the middle class pretty hard too.

Adding a tax each time value is added to a product is going to make many products way more expensive.

For example. You have the ingredients to make a loaf of bread and you mix them together, adding value to the product and then its taxed. You bake the bread making it edible, you added value again. Now you slice it to make it more convinient, value added. Packaging it to make it stay fresh longer, adding value.

OUCH

No, that's only a tax on business, not consumers, just ask Ms Pelosi (she's the one that has no concept of how real economics actually work).

Wouldn't such a tax be a terrible burden for domestic manufacturing and place foreign countries at an even greater advantage over us? Why would we want to do that? It's almost like the Democrats are wanting to outsource all our jobs.

Actually, the tax burden would be passed onto the consumer, which would raise the price of domestic products. You are right though, it would cause job loss domestically. Sometimes I think they want the US to be lowered to 3rd world status, not 3rd world countries raised to US standard of living.

OUCH

No, that's only a tax on business, not consumers, just ask Ms Pelosi (she's the one that has no concept of how real economics actually work).
Right. Just like tariffs on Chinese tires get paid by the Chinese, not by American consumers buying tires.
It is scary that the people in power themselves have never generated wealth, only spent other people's. Thus they have no conception of the whole process (or they are disigenuous when they talk about it).

On the OP, I would support it as an ALTERNATIVE to many taxes, like income tax, we have today. It is much fairer than income tax since you can avoid paying it by not buying stuff.

Last edited:

Actually, the tax burden would be passed onto the consumer, which would raise the price of domestic products. You are right though, it would cause job loss domestically. Sometimes I think they want the US to be lowered to 3rd world status, not 3rd world countries raised to US standard of living.

I don't know if we'd necessarily see higher prices. Prices of goods made in the U.S. would increase, but the foreign products would be able to undercut all American made goods and force those manufacturers out of business. All of our jobs would be outsourced. Then no one would be left here who could buy the products, we'd be 3rd world like you said, and they'd have their dream- the destruction of America.

Opposed. It's just a backdoor for the rich to shirk even more of the tax burden on to everyone else.

WITNESS: More Wealth ENVY on the part of Mr. Polk...

That shit doesn't work sport.
When your mindset is poor , you stay that way.

He's probably a WELFARE recipient that think that getting money from the sweat of others is Fun, and EASY by the POWER of the Imperial FED he so Proudly HAILS.

Summation? POLK is a STATIST.

WITNESS: More Wealth ENVY on the part of Mr. Polk...

That shit doesn't work sport.

Pointing out that the vast amount of the burden in the current system is placed on the people in the middle isn't envy.

What do we manufacture domestically?

Forum List

Back