Support strikers, boycott HuffPo

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Huffington Post is unfair to its workers. I call on all those who support the right of a person to make a living wage to boycott HuffPo until they start paying their reporters.

For the rest of you, I am sure you fully support me in boycotting HuffPo simply because they are less acquainted with the truth than TruthMatters.

To make it even more interesting, at least one group of writers is tired of being used to line the pockets of corporate greed with their free labors.

When we were invited to become a Huffington Post blogger last year I understood that the company paid nothing. We surveyed our writers’ reaction to assess their willingness to have their material reposted there for no additional pay. Visual Art Source, ArtScene and art ltd. (http://www.visualartsource.com) form an umbrella art publishing company that is actually quite large by the standards of our very specialized field. The tens of thousands of readers and online users that we boast, however, are miniscule compared to the 26 million visitors per month that the Huffington Post currently draws.

Yet we are now going on strike. For now, at least, no more content from us will appear on the Huffington Post.

And just like the corporate titans of the American Right, it would come as no surprise if Ms Huffington, whom I am certain has a good heart and only the best intentions, were to assume the obvious position: Who needs these people anyway? They are not even employees.

Nonetheless, we shall remain on strike until these two demands are met. First, a pay schedule must be proposed and steps initiated to implement it for all contributing writers and bloggers. Second, paid promotional material must no longer be posted alongside editorial content; a press release or exhibition catalogue essay is fundamentally different from editorial content and must be either segregated and indicated as such, or not published at all.

Visual Art Source

If seems, however, that Huffington Post, that bastion of freedom and Democracy, does not support the right of its non employees to strike. They took down the notice of the strike that they posted.

Of the irony.

crickets.jpg

Ariana started HuffPo with 1 million dollars and sold it for 13 million. Now that's what you call a real tricky bitch.

If they get any money for writing their blogs and articles, it belongs to us.

Forum List

Back