Support our troops

what concern is it of yours where i post?

None, really, I'm just curious.

so am i, which is why i asked the OP a question.

go figure.

In partial answer to your original question, here's some testimony by soldiers whose career has been affected by DADT.

Retired Marine Corps. Staff Sgt. and first wounded soldier during the Iraq War Eric Alva, stated that trust was the most important bond he shared with his fellow soldiers, and that when he admitted to them that he was gay, trust and cohesion in the group only strengthened.

Joan Darrah, a retired Navy Captain, echoed Alva’s sentiments, saying that she was constantly forced to live a double life while serving. After leaving a room in the Pentagon that was destoryed only minutes later on the morning of 9/11, Darrah realized that her partner of 11 years would have been the last to know, had she been killed. Due to the policy, she said that she was very secretive about her life as a lesbian, not even listing her partner as an emergency contact. In addition, Darrah said that the Don’t Ask Don’t Tell policy actually hurts troop cohesion by mandating the immediate removal of soldiers who are found to be gay.

del is a good old fashioned biggot. as are most conservatives. they're insecure closet homophobes who are secretly gay.

a guy i work with would go ballistic if you said that to him....:lol:

So would most closet homos.

Let me ask - if I claimed you were a Black person (I assume you're not), how would you react? You would ask if I'm feeling ok, do I need my eyes checked... etc. You wouldn't take offense to it because you knew you weren't Black and there's also nothing wrong with being Black.

How do closet homos act? They go ballistic when you accuse them of being gay. Why? Because they're afraid someone might find out that they really are.

Now, how would Pyrite react if you accused him of being gay (assuming he's not)? He'd probably say he's not and move on from the topic. He wouldn't take offense because he knows there's nothing wrong with it and he knows he's not.

So, there's the difference.

del is a good old fashioned biggot. as are most conservatives. they're insecure closet homophobes who are secretly gay.

I would too. Maybe not ballistic, but I would take offense, because I'm not. I'm clearly bi as anyone here has prolly guessed, but that's all. I don't think it's right that anyone that is conservative and opposed to homosexuality is labelled as a closet gay. They're not and I think the people that sling that crap around are doing a bigger disservice to gays than the person they're trying to brand.

So would most closet homos.

Let me ask - if I claimed you were a Black person (I assume you're not), how would you react? You would ask if I'm feeling ok, do I need my eyes checked... etc. You wouldn't take offense to it because you knew you weren't Black and there's also nothing wrong with being Black.

How do closet homos act? They go ballistic when you accuse them of being gay. Why? Because they're afraid someone might find out that they really are.

Now, how would Pyrite react if you accused him of being gay (assuming he's not)? He'd probably say he's not and move on from the topic. He wouldn't take offense because he knows there's nothing wrong with it and he knows he's not.

So, there's the difference.

i understand what your saying Dave.....and im sure its true for some....but this guy i am talking about....i dont think so...lol....he just dont care for gays....

Its not that the military is against gays. The military is against things that make it run less efficiently. Allowing blacks to enter the military increased its numbers and productivity thus the long term goals outweighed the short term unease. Allowing openly gay men/women into the service would create Long term discomfort and you would see a decrease in troop numbers as well as military efficiency. Because of the nature of the military and close quarters shared especially among men in war simulation, training and actual warfare the distraction of having someone who you know may be attracted to you can ultimately cause death because you are distracted.

New Topics

Forum List

Back