Support our troops

Are you going to answer my question?

why don't you ask one and find out?

Here's one: how is your question even remotely relevant? should we just not care about things outside of our direct experience?

how is it irrelevant? it's a thread about gays in the military.

how do you extrapolate that i take the position that we shouldn't care about things outside our experience from my question? i said nothing to indicate that was how i felt.

why don't you ask one and find out?

Here's one: how is your question even remotely relevant? should we just not care about things outside of our direct experience?

how do you extrapolate that i take the position that we shouldn't care about things outside our experience from my question? i said nothing to indicate that was how i felt.

actually the thread is about removing the ban on gays openly serving in the military.

do you support removing the ban on gays openly serving in the military?

actually the thread is about removing the ban on gays openly serving in the military.

no

no

I bet you feel threatened by them, don't you? They're going to hit on you, aren't they? Boy that would feel really uncomfortable, wouldn't it?

As I said, you're a bigot.

So stop sidetracking the issue with your one sentence posts that continuously dodge what you must know is the purpose of what DavidS is trying to say.

What was your purpose in asking the question, except to imply that DavidS has no right to speak on military matters without personal experience?

Furthermore, let's get right to the point: do you believe that the don't ask don't tell policy is a good idea? Why do you believe that? do you believe that we should change the policy? why or why not?

no

I bet you feel threatened by them, don't you? They're going to hit on you, aren't they? Boy that would feel really uncomfortable, wouldn't it?

nope, i don't feel threatened by them at all. i've never had a gay man hit on me after he knew i wasn't gay, so no, that's not a problem either.

wanna try again, or just go directly to posting a nazi flag and whining?

ask me if i'm scared of gays hitting on my kids or if i'd be afraid to have gay roommates, maybe those answers will be more to your liking.

nope, i don't feel threatened by them at all. i've never had a gay man hit on me after he knew i wasn't gay, so no, that's not a problem either.

ask me if i'm scared of gays hitting on my kids or if i'd be afraid to have gay roommates, maybe those answers will be more to your liking.

First I don't know how old your kids are and I would never bring them into a convsersation. But assuming they are of legal age, why are you afraid of having gay people hit on them or having a gay roommate?

First I don't know how old your kids are and I would never bring them into a convsersation. But assuming they are of legal age, why are you afraid of having gay people hit on them or having a gay roommate?

i had two gay roommates, one of whom died of AIDS and the other i've stayed in touch with for 30 years. both of my children have spent extended vacations with their uncle and his partner for their 13th birthdays. i have no prejudice against gays.

sorry. wanna try again?

i had two gay roommates, one of whom died of AIDS and the other i've stayed in touch with for 30 years. both of my children have spent extended vacations with their uncle and his partner for their 13th birthdays. i have no prejudice against gays.

sorry. wanna try again?

So they're good enough to be your friends, but not good enough to die for this country?

sorry. wanna try again?

So they're good enough to be your friends, but not good enough to die for this country?

yeah, that's it.
:cuckoo:

The video of the interview.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NZDRjEKwtQ]YouTube - Decorated Lt. Colonel Victor Fehrenbach Discharged For Being Gay[/ame]

sorry. wanna try again?

yeah, that's it.

You've said you've kept in touch with one for 30 years. You also said gays shouldn't openly serve in the military.

yeah, that's it.

You've said you've kept in touch with one for 30 years. You also said gays shouldn't openly serve in the military.

no, i said i don't support changing the policy. i don't oppose changing the policy, either. i prefer to leave military matters to the people who run the military. i served with gays and i never cared one way or the other. still don't.
if obama kept his promise, this would be moot.

yeah, that's it.

no, i said i don't support changing the policy. i don't oppose changing the policy, either. i prefer to leave military matters to the people who run the military. i served with gays and i never cared one way or the other. still don't.

Obama cannot revoke the policy alone. The congress has written it into law, and only the congress can repeal it.

Obama has stated his endorsement of such a bill, and hopefully will soon begin pressuring congress to enact it.

If you have no opinion on the policy, then why bother posting in this thread?

Obama cannot revoke the policy alone. The congress has written it into law, and only the congress can repeal it.

Obama has stated his endorsement of such a bill, and hopefully will soon begin pressuring congress to enact it.

If you have no opinion on the policy, then why bother posting in this thread?

what concern is it of yours where i post?

Forum List

Back