Support learning cursive.

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
10647018_549673005210969_2612803633806374486_n.jpg

True story

In most schools, they aren't even teaching cursive anymore, rather they have their students print block letters or hand in homework from a computer.

Cursive is going to be a lost skill in another generation or so.

Damn kids won't even learn Wingdings, what kind of world will it be in 20 years. A world without Wingdings that's what. By god if Wingdings were good enough for the greatest generation they're good enough for kids today.

20 years from now they'll all be using Comic Sans MS for everything and no one will take them seriously. Today's generation is computer savvy? I think not.

I first learned how to write in cursive when I was in the second grade and now it is all that I ever write in unless printing has to be done on important papers and forms. If we had to learn how to write like that back in the day, the kids of today should have to learn to as well. Why should we older people have to be the ones who have to get into the habit of writing in a different way...again since printing is most likely the first way that we all learned how to write in?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I first learned how to write in cursive when I was in the second grade and now it is all that I ever write in unless printing has to be done on important papers and forms. If we had to learn how to write like that back in the day, the kids of today should have to learn to as well. Why should we older people have to be the ones who have to get into the habit of writing in a different way...again since printing is most likely the first way that we all learned how to write in?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
I refuse to write the cursive Z. It looks stupid and doesn't looks anything close to a Z.

Regarding education in general I think the 'core' should be as it always has been; reading (English as the first language, and a second language as a requirement), writing (same as previous), and arithmetic.

They should learn printing and cursive.

I'd also include core courses on everyday living; using a check book, managing a checkin/savings account, managing bills and a budget, what foods are good for you and which ones aren't, p.e., how to do basic things on a car like change a tire, check the fluids, what warning lights mean, maintanence schedule.

People should leave school and know how to live life. From there on it's up to them.

Only the very well educated will write in cursive. That way people can write to each other and liberals won't know what they are saying.

Then you have the teens who write in text. U no wh I mane.

This is left wingers' opportunity to rewrite history. Since the kids can't read the documents, lefties just tell them it says something else.
How many people can read Hebrew?

We evolve.
Non-sequitor. You must be trying to hide something.
Language is different from dialect. Writing form is tantamount to dialect.
Or are you saying Hebrew is primitive compared to latin-based language? Are you anti-Semitic?

Sure it should be learned. As an elective. Like calligraphy.

The idea that people who are not practiced in "cursive" will be unable to read historical documents is retarded.

Hey you! Kids! Get offa my lawn!

Forum List

Back