CDZ Support for Israel - why?

Only if you ignore the reasons why such a war would start. It is not because they want war but because they are surrounded by enemies living on the most sought after land on the face of the planet.

This is true - they clearly invaded the wrong place.
I wonder if the US would support Israel had the Jewish state set up in California, taking over the land and removing the inhabitants as they did in Palestine.
I suspect Americans would have a little less support if that were the case.

Invade?

There was a significant population of Jews living there already, and the Zionists simply immigrated there illegally, or "undocumentedly", depending how you look at it.

Even most of the immigrants have been there for generations at this point.

I find it rather odd that the American right want illegal immigrants out, but want illegal immigrants in.

I did not understand what you said.

Only if you ignore the reasons why such a war would start. It is not because they want war but because they are surrounded by enemies living on the most sought after land on the face of the planet.

I wonder if the US would support Israel had the Jewish state set up in California, taking over the land and removing the inhabitants as they did in Palestine.

Invade?

There was a significant population of Jews living there already, and the Zionists simply immigrated there illegally, or "undocumentedly", depending how you look at it.

I find it rather odd that the American right want illegal immigrants out, but want illegal immigrants in.

He is trying (and failing) to equate Israelis as illegal immigrants in the mid east. That requires one to ignore all fact about why Israel is where it is and how it was established.

We are now in two wars. The US has no boots on the ground in Iraq.

Instead of capturing big terrorists the US every now and then kills ones which means no intelligence information,.

Who do you think is supplying this critical intelligence information to the US, Egypt?

It come from Israel.

Yanno...what gets me is that the US give a very similar amount to Egypt. What does the US get back for that. Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, are almost never on the US side.

Israel is consistently on the US side in the UN and on foreign affairs. It's the only democracy in the middle east. It's the only real ally of the US in the middle east despite Obama.

Much as some claim a tin foil hat job when it comes to Israeli influence and interference in US politics, it's a matter of public record, and freely admitted by Israli groups in the US.

http://www.aipac.org/

AIPAC empowers pro-Israel activists across all ages, religions and races to be politically engaged and build relationships with members of Congress from both sides of the aisle to promote the U.S.-Israel relationship.

The corrupt politicians get their bribes, sorry, campaign contributions from Israel, paying for their votes on issues Israel wants to interfere in.

A few they've bribed are listed here.

AIPAC Money USC News21

AIPAC Money USC News21

Since 1990, the whole of the pro-Israel lobby has given almost $96 million in congressional campaign contributions and funnels a lot of the money through local political action committees, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan group that tracks money in politics.

In other words, Israel has bought and paid for many American politicians, and they do as they're told by Israel, regardless of how good those votes are for America, how much it costs US taxpayers, and how many American die because of them.

It's probably time for ALL campaign contributions from foreign governments, even via front groups, to be stopped. If any group is seen to favour any given country, they should be banned from contributing in any way at all.
Israel, given the clear damage they do to the United states, should be first on the list.
The arab lobbies have much more money that they are spreading around.

The Arab Lobby in America and Influence over the U.S. - The Daily Beast

We could support Israel or we could support Palestine.. it's like trying to pick between a piece of trash and a shiny piece of trash.

We should see ourselves as the USS enterprise and the Israeli/Arab conflict like the ferengi vs Lytasians.. protocol, the prime directive..a non-interference policy toward these more primitive cultures This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations, and carries with it the highest moral obligation.

We should see ourselves as the USS enterprise and the Israeli/Arab conflict like the ferengi vs Lytasians.. protocol, the prime directive..a non-interference policy toward these more primitive cultures This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations, and carries with it the highest moral obligation.
That is a rather poor comparison as we do nothing but interfere.

We could support Israel or we could support Palestine.. it's like trying to pick between a piece of trash and a shiny piece of trash.
Not even close.

Israel is a strong ally and a democracy.

The arabs want to murder everyone not like them.

Not even close.

Correction: Hamas wants to murder everyone not like them. To think that an entire race does not like people is quite honestly a very ignorant and uneducated opinion.

Not even close.

Correction: Hamas wants to murder everyone not like them. To think that an entire race does not like people is quite honestly a very ignorant and uneducated opinion.

That would be Hamas, the group that won the last election in the P.A.?

What does it say about a people that the pro-genocide party wins the election?

Invade?

He said that the entire middle east is "MUSLIM LAND"----just like SPAIN AND FRANCE AND PORTUGAL AND INDIA etc etc-------muhummad said so-----so it must be true

Not even close.

They won the election in one country, therefore every muslim wants to murder christians.. okay.

Not even close.

They won the election in one country, therefore every muslim wants to murder christians.. okay.

They won an election in Palestine. Your post above presented the question as supporting Israel or Palestine.

What does it say of the the people of Palestine, that they voted FOR the pro-genocide party?

Not even close.

They won an election in Palestine. Your post above presented the question as supporting Israel or Palestine.

What does it say of the the people of Palestine, that they voted FOR the pro-genocide party?
It says that about the people of Palestine, but the post I originally replied to said that all muslims have this position.

Not even close.

Today is good Friday-------a holiday for Christians----one of my faves----the weekend concludes with LOTS OF CHOCOLATE. -----It also marks the very first time I went into a mosque. -----MANY MANY MANY years ago-----
my hosts were Shiites from southeast asia. I have no idea if the mosque was Shiite------the SPEAKER of the day was------I believe ----an EGYPTIAN-----(by accent)
He was supposed to be a visiting genius. He delivered a "LESSON" (khutbah jumaat) on GOOD FRIDAY----which he described as a PERVERSE LIE BY THE ENEMEEEEES OF ISLAAAAAAM-----

on and one-----the "ENEMEEEES OF ISLAAAAAAM "---
"Christians"-----which he all but spat out. I was so horrified that I almost vomited on the rug. ----I was very young........and silly------I thought no one did that kind of shit anymore (late 1960s) -----my hosts had no idea why
I objected to the FILTH-----afterall----the genius Imam did not even mention JOOOS (that time)

That is a rather poor comparison as we do nothing but interfere.
It is not a comparison..its a road map or star chart if you will to the future

American taxpayers spend billions of dollars to support Israel, but what do they get in return?
It is often said America gets medical or technical assistance, but very little comes at a very high cost in both cash and dead Americans.
There were no terrorist attacks against America until the 1970s when the US started to seriously fund Israel.
(Yes, I know someone will mention the Barbary pirates - the desparate have to resort to foolish arguments.)
In fact, apart from a load of cash spent, and a pile of dead American troops, Israel has done nothing for the US.
Sorry, I tell a lie, they gave US shipyard workers a job when Israel attacked the Liberty.

So, can our 'friends of Israel' tell us what they give America in return for billions of dollars?
We have spent too much money for their prosperity and peace inside Israel.
they won't return anything to us. But I am not going to pay more.
American dream is actually working for jews on the occupied territories.

Forum List

Back