Support for Congressional Health Care Reform Falls to New Low

The spin campaign didn't work.

They have to actually break down what is in this enormous and convoluted bill and they have been VERY reluctant to do that.

This is why they rushed the stimulous and cap & trade, both would have had similar opposition.

No worries. Whether the GOP likes it or not, we WILL get Healthcare reform passed this year. Even they admit this.

No worries. Whether the GOP likes it or not, we WILL get Healthcare reform passed this year. Even they admit this.

You act like the conservatives don't want something done. They do, just not a government run healthcare. I am willing to bet it is going to be a real diluted bill than the ones being offered now. I wish my insurance was better than it is now in several ways, but I certainly don't want Obamacare.

I hope the Democrats are stupid enough to pass a health reform bill without the support of the majority of people in the United States. I would love it because that would spell out the end of the Democratic Party. These morons are not very bright but they are bright enough to know that what they currently have less than half of America wants. If they continue to support Obama they know they are going to be loosing their Congressional jobs and not be able to suckle at the tits of the easy ride sow any longer. You're going to soon see the Democrats turn away from Obama. The clock is ticking. Everytime he lies on tv and every time his even dumber White House Press Secretary opens his mouth and lies like he does his number will drop just a little lower. People have had just about enough of this dog and pony show.

Last edited:
The spin campaign didn't work.

They have to actually break down what is in this enormous and convoluted bill and they have been VERY reluctant to do that.

This is why they rushed the stimulous and cap & trade, both would have had similar opposition.

Not so fast. Obama's last (spin) stand starts today.

A new coalition on Thursday launched $12 million in television ads to support President Barack Obama’s health reform plan, in the opening wave of a planned tens of millions of dollars this fall.

The new group, funded largely by the pharmaceutical industry, is called Americans for Stable Quality Care. It includes some odd bedfellows: the American Medical Association, FamiliesUSA, the Federation of American Hospitals, PhRMA and SEIU, the service employees’ union.

The decision of labor and progressive groups to join with industry groups could draw new heat about the president's package from the left.

The ads began airing at about 11 a.m. ET Thursday.

The group is likely to be the biggest spender in support of health reform. The campaign will serve as a counterweight to the critics at town meetings, which are getting saturation news coverage while Congress is out of town.

In a reversal from former President Bill Clinton’s 1993-94 health care debacle, the group’s campaign is likely to mean that White House supporters keep the upper hand on the airwaves.

PhRMA’s participation is key, because the group has promised to kick in as much as $150 million for advertising and grass-roots activity to help pass the president’s plan.

The debut ad is meant to shore up support among the conservative House Blue Dog Democrats and to target swing senators. So it’s airing in Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Indiana, Louisiana, Maine, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota and Virginia. The first buy is expected to run for two weeks, with a weekly spend of around $3 million.

“This group has joined forces to communicate the specific benefits of reform at a time when there is a lot of misinformation about what health care reform actually means,” an official of the group said.

The first ad is called, “Mean for You,” as in, “What Reforms Means for You.”

The 30-second script, with a soothing male narrator: “What DOES health insurance reform mean for you? It means you can’t be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition or dropped if you get sick. It means putting health care decisions in the hands of you and your doctor. It means lower costs, a cap on out-of-pocket expenses, tough new rules to cut waste and red tape and a focus on PREVENTING illness before it strikes. So what does health insurance reform really mean? Quality, affordable care you can count on.”

The official provides a little more back story: “These groups were part of a looser coalition that started back in January that focused on the links between health reform and the economy. Now that the debate is turning on what health reform means for the individual, they felt the need to launch a new front that addresses some of those particulars while debunking some of the myths that are floating around. Plus, these groups recognize that their collective voice packs more punch than if they were to just speak out individually.”

The ad was made by GMMB, which was a lead agency for Obama for America. Partners include Frank Greer and Jim Margolis.

Massive campaign for Obama hits air - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

So far the polls show independent voters, the group that will decide the 2010 elections, tend to trust the protesters more than they trust Obama or the other Dems. Will these voters trust this group of sponsors that have made back room deals with the WH for their support more than they trust the protestors?

but I certainly don't want Obamacare

What part of "if you like your current insurance, you get to keep it" do you not understand?

I understand our government very well, apparently you don't. I don't trust a government that has a 1000+ page bill that they don't understand, and Obama doesn't understand. "If you like your current insurance, you get to keep it." You show me where in 10 years and out I will still have that option in this bill.
A bill that everyone could understand should be no more than a 50 page bill. (a good healthcare bill could be constructed in 50 pages) Then there is no hiding the basis of the bill. If the bill is done like that, and it stands on its own merits, it would pass easily.
Now, do you understand where I'm coming from?

What part of "if you like your current insurance, you get to keep it" do you not understand?

You are an idiot and Obama is a liar. If the current system has to change because its " unsustainable" then wouldn't that mean everyone's current plan "unsustainable" ? So why doesn't Obama and idiots like you just come right out and say they want the gubment to control the healthcare industry ? Oh right, because an overwhelming majority of americans don't want this shit so they have to lie about it......... :eusa_whistle:

the democrats demonizing the old white people ain't helping em either, they might as well shred their race cards.. it's used up! nobody gives a shit anymore.

You are an idiot and Obama is a liar.

And yo Momma wears combat boots. Is it really necessary for you to use playground logic ALL the time?

If the current system has to change because its " unsustainable" then wouldn't that mean everyone's current plan "unsustainable" ?

Education is a wonderful thing. Try reading first!

As our national downward spiral of massive layoffs continues, with it goes employer-provided health insurance. The inevitable result is easily treatable medical problems going untreated and/or undertreated. The same applies to mental health issues covered by employers’ insurance plans.

Insurance companies suffer a loss of collected premiums and health care providers suffer a loss of billable services. The “free market” system of health care insurance companies “competing” for individual policies of laid-off/unemployed workers is unaffordable and, thereby, irrelevant.

Countless workers in a state of unemployed limbo running around with easily treatable medical/mental, high or low level and/or chronic maladies cannot possibly be in the best interests of production or the country’s well-being. It doesn’t make any sense.

The “free market” health care system is fundamentally flawed and obviously broken!

The U.S. is the only Western industrialized country in the world without national health care. The politics of funding it is just that, politics. What’s wrong with this picture?

Now, do you understand where I'm coming from?

I do. You APPEAR to be afflicted with the same "scared of everything" disease that the neo-cons contracted.

I see your just a fucking moron. Look up the word "trust" in the dictionary, then look up the word "scared" asswipe. Now once you do that...stick your fucking head up your fucking sorry ass, and then proceed to roll down the sidewalk.

I told you my exact reasons with my post, and you couldn't refute anything I said in it. I was being civil to you and you did your pathetic attempt to slam me. Your too much of a moron that drinks the Kool-Aid that's laced with stupidity. You haven't a clue on what is and isn't in the bill, and you ask no questions about it. When I call you a moron, I'm insulting all morons. Your just a mindless ignorant Obamanut.

Last edited:
You are an idiot and Obama is a liar.

And yo Momma wears combat boots. Is it really necessary for you to use playground logic ALL the time?

If the current system has to change because its " unsustainable" then wouldn't that mean everyone's current plan "unsustainable" ?

Education is a wonderful thing. Try reading first!

As our national downward spiral of massive layoffs continues, with it goes employer-provided health insurance. The inevitable result is easily treatable medical problems going untreated and/or undertreated. The same applies to mental health issues covered by employers’ insurance plans.

Insurance companies suffer a loss of collected premiums and health care providers suffer a loss of billable services. The “free market” system of health care insurance companies “competing” for individual policies of laid-off/unemployed workers is unaffordable and, thereby, irrelevant.

Countless workers in a state of unemployed limbo running around with easily treatable medical/mental, high or low level and/or chronic maladies cannot possibly be in the best interests of production or the country’s well-being. It doesn’t make any sense.

The “free market” health care system is fundamentally flawed and obviously broken!

The U.S. is the only Western industrialized country in the world without national health care. The politics of funding it is just that, politics. What’s wrong with this picture?

Then why are you and Obama so adamant with emphasizing the fact that you can keep your current plan if it's so terrible and needs to be changed ? ...... :lol:

You can't answer that question, so you do everything but ........ :eusa_whistle:

P.S. Family members are off limits newb clown .......

Last edited:

the fact that you don't really get to keep it

the language of the bill makes it impossible to keep your current plan and if you happen to get insurance under ERISA guidelines you will lose your insurance 5 years after the bill is passed and will have to buy a different plan.

What about the tax on people who do not have government approved insurance?

I'm sure you libbies like the idea of a tax to force people to buy what the government tells them to buy but a lot of people don't need or want the government making their decisions for them

the fact that you don't really get to keep it

the language of the bill makes it impossible to keep your current plan and if you happen to get insurance under ERISA guidelines you will lose your insurance 5 years after the bill is passed and will have to buy a different plan.

What about the tax on people who do not have government approved insurance?

I'm sure you libbies like the idea of a tax to force people to buy what the government tells them to buy but a lot of people don't need or want the government making their decisions for them
Skull, he's a moron, he doesn't understand.

Now once you do that...stick your fucking head up your fucking sorry ass, and then proceed to roll down the sidewalk.

Oh, so it IS necessary for you to use playground logic is ALL of your conversations.....

I told you my exact reasons with my post, and you couldn't refute anything I said in it.

Please explain how anyone can "refute" your OPINION? You are afraid of what MIGHT happen. You have NO facts to back up your fears. You are completely controlled by said fears. However, since fear is an emotion, and there are no right or wrong emotions, I would love for you to educate me on how one refutes emotions?

Then why are you and Obama so adamant with emphasizing the fact that you can keep your current plan if it's so terrible and needs to be changed ? ......

While I may not like everything within my employer provided plan, it is good enough that I do not need to be a drain on our government and I am more than happy to do my share and keep what I have.

Forum List

Back