Supplements

techieny

Conservative
Jun 19, 2011
Was looking for your thoughts on Vitamins and supplements. One daily dose. Typically mine are:

New Chapter men's multi

o Vit B complex 100mg

o Ester C 1,000 mg

o Fish oil (twice daily)

o Resveratrol

o Vit D

I take 4000IU Vitamin D, a B-complex, B-12 overdose, 600 EPA/DHA (fish oil), and a multivitamin daily. Helps with my workouts and mood.

The one worry i have about supplements and other herbal meds is that they aren't FDA regulated. I really wonder about the quality of the preparations. And, how do you know there isn't rat poison in them or whatever? You really don't. That is why i shy away from some of this stuff because you really don't how or where it is made or what kind of oversights on them.

The one worry i have about supplements and other herbal meds is that they aren't FDA regulated. I really wonder about the quality of the preparations. And, how do you know there isn't rat poison in them or whatever? You really don't. That is why i shy away from some of this stuff because you really don't how or where it is made or what kind of oversights on them.

I don't totally trust the FDA. In fact, there is rat shit in peanut butter. The FDA says its within acceptable limits. So go an slather that on your bread !

I don't totally trust the FDA. In fact, there is rat shit in peanut butter. The FDA says its within acceptable limits. So go an slather that on your bread !

Trust the Chinese equivalent and our surplus pet problem would be solved.
Poison toothpaste, Heparin, etc.

Ohh wait! Much of the contents for our prescription medicines come from China.

I didnt say i trusted the FDA either. My point is there is even LESS oversight for Nutraceuticals and vitamins and supplements then there are things monitored by the FDA. Something to consider.

I didnt say i trusted the FDA either. My point is there is even LESS oversight for Nutraceuticals and vitamins and supplements then there are things monitored by the FDA. Something to consider.

And of the things that the FDA is supposed to monitor only about 1% actually gets checked.

I take a daily multi-vitamin and a B-Complex regularly...I'm pretty hit or miss with the fish oil, vitamin D and COQ10.

To me the daily B and multi-vitamin is insurance that my body is getting what it needs...since I don't always eat right. However...a balanced diet is the best way to get the vitamins and minerals that one needs...vitamins are more readily absorbed by the body when consumed in food.

So, then what is the point? The FDA doesn't monitor so therefore taking something that is completely unmonitored is going to be better? I don't get it.

Fish Oil only, when I remember to take it. I eat very healthy and don't see a need for any extras. Not saying some people shouldn't take a decent multi-vitamin/ mineral. Just not for me. I think less is more and avoiding pills of any kind is a good thing.

iron free multi vitamin ( slow Fe 50mg. iron twice weekly )
super B complex
Biotin/Lutein/Selenium
and
milk thistle

Forum List

Back