Supplements barely do anything for your health

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
15796600-0-image-a-39_1562623561474.jpg

I quit take them a couple of years ago, realizing they were just a waste of my $$$.

Some 34% of adults take supplements every day - driving a market that has grown 6% in five years is now worth an annual $37 billion globally

But a new US study found their benefits to be limited

I’m no expert but would dare to guess that a good diet would do as much, if not more, for one’s health.

Much more
@ Supplements do barely anything to protect you from heart disease or early death, study finds | Daily Mail Online

Minerals are important for some people...like magnesium.....if you are on a bunch of meds magnesium can be depleted in your body and can cause a bunch of issues and vitamins can be beneficial but supplements should be closely scrutinized before taking them....

Vitamins and supplements do great things for your health.

Probably promoted by Big Pharma. Don’t buy bs.

I quit take them a couple of years ago, realizing they were just a waste of my $$$.

Some 34% of adults take supplements every day - driving a market that has grown 6% in five years is now worth an annual $37 billion globally

I’m no expert but would dare to guess that a good diet would do as much, if not more, for one’s health.

Much more
@ Supplements do barely anything to protect you from heart disease or early death, study finds | Daily Mail Online
Yes, a good diet is essential, but people expect miracles and think they can eat like an unhealthy American and a couple pills will fix it.

I eat well, and the only supplements I take are pretty high dosages of D3 and K2 to help reverse hardening of the arteries. My diet is mostly geared to dropping my high blood pressure naturally.

I eat mostly vegetarian and raw. Lots of juicing and smoothies.

Minerals are important for some people...like magnesium.....if you are on a bunch of meds magnesium can be depleted in your body and can cause a bunch of issues and vitamins can be beneficial but supplements should be closely scrutinized before taking them....
I get my magnesium from a cup of sunflower seeds every day. It has helped a lot and it keeps me satisfied at work.

Much more

There is a difference between natural supplements and others. There is also a difference in the delivery system. I was a district manager at GNC and saw people who took a lot of supplements, and yes they matter, you just have to know the right ones to take, when to take them, and what the correct dose is. There are also several vitamins and minerals that work together. For example Vitamin C helps the body absorb iron. Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium... and so forth. There are several good supplements that can help you with heart disease.

I get my magnesium from a cup of sunflower seeds every day. It has helped a lot and it keeps me satisfied at work.
Study: A Daily Dose Of Nuts Could Be Key To Staying Sharp In Old Age - Study Finds

You can’t get enough vitamins or supplements from food, particularly as we age. Vitamin C is but one that we need in high doses, no food can provide.

You can’t get enough vitamins or supplements from food, particularly as we age. Vitamin C is but one that we need in high doses, no food can provide.
I bet you dont know the sources.
Cabbage 50% (1 cup chopped)
Bell peppers 169% (1 medium)
Broccoli 140% chopped cup

LOL. The vitamin requirements used by the government, are absurdly low. Don’t pay any attention to them.

LOL. The vitamin requirements used by the government, are absurdly low. Don’t pay any attention to them.
That's because MANUFACTIRED SUPPLEMENT C is NOT the same as NATURAL sources of C. Get food in the GOD STATE and you'll be healthier.

Much more

A registered dietitian once told me we probably have the most expensive pee in all the world.

Because a lot of these vitamins we take--they just get flushed right through us.

Much more

A registered dietitian once told me we probably have the most expensive pee in all the world.

Because a lot of these vitamins we take--they just get flushed right through us.
While somewhat true, I am very careful about advice on nutrition from doctors and "registered dietitians."

That's because MANUFACTIRED SUPPLEMENT C is NOT the same as NATURAL sources of C. Get food in the GOD STATE and you'll be healthier.
LOL. You can’t get enough C from food.

Can you eat 100 oranges every day?

Much more

While somewhat true, I am very careful about advice on nutrition from doctors and "registered dietitians."

I think it's like a lot of things....be prudent, do your research. Try things judiciously and see what works for you. I need to take iron and it really works for me. There are some really great natural remedies I have tried that are awesome and wonderful. Other things I'm pretty skeptical of.

Much more

That’s bs. Nearly all registered dietitians know nothing about nutrition. They are still pushing the totally discredited food pyramid.

It’s all about making money for big pharma and big hospital. A fraud that most Americans are unaware of.

Much more

That’s bs. Nearly all registered dietitians know nothing about nutrition. They are still pushing the totally discredited food pyramid.

It’s all about making money for big pharma and big hospital. A fraud that most Americans are unaware of.

On one side is Big Pharma.

On the other side is people screeching about "Big Pharma"

And honestly this IS one case where, a lot of times, the truth is either somewhere in the middle OR, take it on a case by case basis.

Much more

And honestly this IS one case where, a lot of times, the truth is either somewhere in the middle OR, take it on a case by case basis.
Yeah sure. Let’s do a thought experiment. Compare the sales of vitamin makers with that of Big Pharma, Insurance, and Hospital.

Then, compare how many people die each year from vitamin overdose versus Big Pharma drugs and deaths by doctor.

Much more

Much more

There is a ton of excellent research available online about the effectiveness of vitamins and supplements. Much of it decades old but thanks to our corrupt media and government, most Americans only know what the corrupt establishment tells them.

One needs to do the research, as I have done for two decades now. It’s not hard but most are too lazy and dependent on their doctors. It is well known that most doctors know almost nothing about vitamins and nutrition. They are essentially drug dealers.

If you have an interest in protecting your health, start with these two great websites.

Welcome To Orthomolecular.org

DoctorYourself.com: Andrew Saul's Natural Health Website

Forum List

Back