Supper today

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Breaded and fried pork tenderloin, fried taters, pinto beans, onions, a couple of slices of termaters and corn bread.

Thinking back about it has made me hungry, believe I will go for some brownies and a big glass of milk.

Breaded and fried pork tenderloin, fried taters, pinto beans, onions, a couple of slices of termaters and corn bread.

Thinking back about it has made me hungry, believe I will go for some brownies and a big glass of milk.

Nice rounded meal. Was there white gravy for the pork, and catchup for the fried Tatars? Lots of pepper? Bacon in the beans? And how would you describe the tomatoes? Crisp or juicy and homegrown and fresh from the garden? Did they have that homegrown green vine smell about them? Did you slice them extra thick with a sprinkle of salt on top? Oh, and the corn bread. Was it smothered in butter with a hint of honey in them? Were they steaming hot and mouth watering. Do you dunk them in the bean juice? Boy I feel full already............:eusa_angel:

Yes ketchup for the taters, tomatoes were best I could get this time of year and no bacon in the beans, but some smoked hog jowl. Nope no gravy. And I pass on the butter on corn bread.

but you do know how to eat such food :D

Yes ketchup for the taters, tomatoes were best I could get this time of year and no bacon in the beans, but some smoked hog jowl. Nope no gravy. And I pass on the butter on corn bread.

but you do know how to eat such food :D

Oh, my, yes........ I am a big fan of chicken fried steaks smothered in gravy, and two hour hard baked-skin potatoes dripping in butter. I get the jalapeño corn bread with the pinto beans, and heirloom garden tomatoes the size of dinner plates with a sprinkle of salt. Sometimes they give me the Italian tomato slices with sliced onions covered in Olive oil and red vinegar with salt/pepper, if I have been good. LOL!:lol:

Gosh, I have to show you someone else's Jalapeño corn bread in the skillet. Ours looks like that except I stick a big red dried pepper down in the batter just for show. I couldn't find my pic. I ran across my grilled cheese Hacienda sandwich, which is nice and sloppy eating as it has Ortega whole peppers, cottage cheese, mild cheese slice and a sliver of onion, all dashed in red chili powder. Uuuum mmmm:lol:

In my corn bread I add a half cup of sugar, can of Ortega diced chillies (Medium hot), and a cup of kernel corn, and chopped onions. A dash of red chili powder, dash of oregano, and dash of cumin. If you have never made one, just cook it part way on the stove, and then stick it in the oven to bake. Look for a www recipe for cooking instructions. :)

DSC01759-710780.JPG

Last edited:

Forum List

Back