Superpower 2's out

That first one was good, but needed some graphics to go along with it.

The blips moving down the screen sucked... let me know if this one is improved, the concept was excellent.

I dont know if I would call the concept of the battle was excellant. The special operations infantry would use much more tactics than running toward the APCs and firing. There is simply no way to simulate that in the battle simulator. I really hoep they fixed that. Also there is the option to play online: 32 players choosing from 193 UN countries. And it shipped today, so it'll be here soon!

Oh yeah, and have you done any of the scenarios? I did the rebuilding of the USSR, and I also rigged elections in France and Mexico, conquered all non-NATO European countris, and 3 countries in South America. Not to mention Afghanistan and Mongolia. Give me another 10 years, and the world would have bowed to my totalitarian democracy rulership!

I can't bitch too bad about the first, seeing as how I got it for $10 at Wal-Mart.

My biggest problem with it was the enemy AI, or rather the lack thereof. The other nations never started any wars. Ever. They really didn't do anything actually. I played as America once, and invaded France. Nobody did anything. I know I know it was the French but still :)

In another game I was China and conquered almost all of Asia. I think I got some embargoes put on me.

That game needs more action. Not constant WWIII action but for cry'n out loud if China goes on an Imperialist rampage I would expect at least the US to do something.

theim said:
I can't bitch too bad about the first, seeing as how I got it for $10 at Wal-Mart.

My biggest problem with it was the enemy AI, or rather the lack thereof. The other nations never started any wars. Ever. They really didn't do anything actually. I played as America once, and invaded France. Nobody did anything. I know I know it was the French but still :)

In another game I was China and conquered almost all of Asia. I think I got some embargoes put on me.

That game needs more action. Not constant WWIII action but for cry'n out loud if China goes on an Imperialist rampage I would expect at least the US to do something.

Yes, I know. I think you need to try and start wars using your secret services. Your secret services will also help you gain control of countries without firing a shot, by rigging elections. So terrorist attack Russia and blame the US. Or do the same to most NATO countries and blame the Commis. Some sparks may fly, maybe.

Sorry it was longer than 3-5 business days, but wrestling started this week so I have an excuse.

First off, I'll say the differances between superpower 1 and the sequel. First off, the screen on the sequel is a globe, not a map as you would lay on your table. You see the earth as it is viewed from outer space, with no terretorial borders. You may be able to toggle them on and off, though I havent figured it out yet. Military aspect Im not particularly fond of, you have to train your forces before deploying them, and you deploy them in pre-made task forces. It's not as simple as SP1, I dont really care for it. I do like how when you invade, you dont just go for their cities/ bases and (unrealistically) win wars in a few days. you go into the regions of the nations and conquer those while planning your next move.

The politics aspect is unbelievable. You have a meter which determines the left wing vs. right wing bal;ance of your nation. You also choose a party, you can outlaw certian parties, religions, and some things like abortion and gay marriage. You can declare martial law or make your country a military dictatorship. Thats not even everything, I was very please with the politics.

The economic was ok. It wasnt the same as SP1, you have to make complex treaties which I havent toyed with much yet. I'll try and figure that out tonight.

There is also a multiplayer, in which 32 people can buck heads playing as 32 of 193 UN recognized countries. Im sure this will soon be a favorite at LANs.

Any questions?

Sounds good to me... the military part sounds like a let-down. But oh well. The political part sounds really cool, and treaties are nothing knew to economics...

I will look for it at an electronic store.

I just got. Here's my game so far, its pretty wierd hehe

I'm playing as Turkey. Shortly after the Democratic Left Party comes into power, with me as President, taxes and interest levels are slashed to attempt to create a better economic situation. It kinda works, the deficit is cut, but not as much as I would like.

So with my economic plan not going so hot, I look to something on which to take out my frustration. The former Soviet Republic of Georgia is unlucky enough to share a border with me. In a suprise attack, T'blisi falls in under 3 weeks. The UN dosn't seem to care. By November 2001, I have annexed Georgia and half of Cyprus in my Greater Turkey.

Around this time I begin secretly developing a program to get nuclear weapons. This program wreaks havok on my economy, so I just set it to automanage and hope for the best.

Nothing much happens in the next couple of years militarily, except Syria invades Isreal, with alot of Arab nations joining in. The US comes in and just lays the smack down on the whole region. Sean Penn would commit suicide if he saw it.

In November 2004, the Democratic Party wins elections in the US with 99% of the vote. I suspect voter fraud.

Meanwhile in Greater Turkey, elections are in less than a month and my Democratic Left Party is not expected to win re-election. So I ask what would the leftists do in this situation? Go with the will of the people, who don't like the fact that Turkey is turning into an imperialist power and the nuclear program has almost bankrupted the treasury, and respectfully step down? Or do I lash out at the right-wing Nationalist Party (my cheif competitor) for wanting to destroy our democratic ideals; then commence to protect my people from this dangerous kind of thoughts by banning free speach and all political parties other than my own?

So after my de-facto dictatorship is set up and I seem to have been kicked out of NATO, I look for someone else to beat up. I come to the conclusion that the world would be safer if the anarchist haven of Somalia was cleaned up. Somalia is pathetic, sporting only a few hundred infantry. But Japan sees my actions as wrong, and invades. No one, not even the UN, seems to want to help Japan.

So now Somalia is a battlefield between my Turkey and Japan. Most of Japan's military is here, and I think I can win Somalia. Then the Japanese Islands will be defenseless, and ready for invasion by my forces of Jihad!

Sounds like you got it goin on, brother!

I played the scenarios today. the first military one is the Iraq Invasion. Too easy. the second is the one Im on now, turning Cananda into a nuclear power.

I first reformed my economy by slashing all the budget spending on everything, doing major damage to my population support.

I fixed that by issueing a 5% tax cut and raising government spending on propaganda. Now my taxes are 45% and my coruption is 0.0

Then I began my missile research. Once that was done, missile defense and all of my military funding went to specific missile research. Im going to wait untill my missile technology is maxed out before I launch my strategic attack on Cuba, already [strategic missile wise] softened by my small but elite Covert Ops. Oh, and we're out of all debt by this time, and gaining sway of the international community with our wholesome economic aid treaties.

Our homeland isn't very good, spending on almost everything is barely above that that is required, but our gov't stability and population support are both above 90%. Our inflation is about 5.8%, compared to the standard of 3% [does anyone know how to stop inflation?]

As far as military intervention goes, we havent attacked anybody save military sabatoge against Cuba, just weakening the retaliation forces for our [required] nuclear attack [to complete the scenario].

Oh, and I also completed the first economic scenario, that is, raising the economic health by 10%. Too easy. And I also conquered the former Yugoslav Republic of something.

Forum List

Back